Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Disgusting. (Venting thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else wondering why no one in the media is talking the need for change within the Giants org? i certainly haven't been able to find anything...

if yesterday was not a good enough indictment that the coaching staff's message is falling on deaf ears, well.... yeah....
mlv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblew wrote:
The time has come for Coughlin and Reese. Iam grateful for those Super Bowl wins but feel we have underachieved for too long. Reese can't draft anymore and it shows with no depth and continually missing on rounds 2-7. The coaching staff needs complete overhaul. My choice would be Shaw for HC and stop drafting projects

Disagree with the bolded. I refer you to the Grantland article from a few months ago that shows what horrid, horrid luck the Giants' draft picks have had with injuries.

A GM that has two Super Bowls under his belt should be afforded the opportunity to hire his own head coach at least once during his tenure. Reese has never had that opportunity. No way should he be fired.
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
anyone else wondering why no one in the media is talking the need for change within the Giants org? i certainly haven't been able to find anything...

if yesterday was not a good enough indictment that the coaching staff's message is falling on deaf ears, well.... yeah....

Most people know the Giants are not going to fire Coughlin
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
dkebones wrote:

Fire? No. "Forced Retirement" sold to the media as "Retirement" is more along the lines I am thinking.

Those two Super Bowls bought TC alot of leeway. But he's only made the playoffs once in the last 5 seasons. That leeway is about used up...

Since the 12-4 year in 2008 we've gone..

8-8
10-6
9-7
9-7
5-9

So thats 41 - 37 and a Lombardi in that timeframe. Which don't get me wrong I value that Lombardi. But his overall frame of work over the last 5 years has been mediocre aside from that one Championship season.

Overall he is 88- 70 in his tenure here with 2 Championships. It's been a great run. But he's lost this team. The players have become complacent and he as the coach bears the responsibility for that.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
dkebones wrote:

Fire? No. "Forced Retirement" sold to the media as "Retirement" is more along the lines I am thinking.

Those two Super Bowls bought TC alot of leeway. But he's only made the playoffs once in the last 5 seasons. That leeway is about used up...

8-8
10-6
9-7
9-7
5-9

So thats 41 - 37 and a Lombardi in that timeframe. Which don't get me wrong I value that Lombardi. But his overall frame of work over the last 5 years has been mediocre aside from that one Championship season.

Overall he is 88- 70 in his tenure here with 2 Championships. It's been a great run. But he's lost this team. The players have become complacent and he as the coach bears the responsibility for that.

I agree a change is needed, but the Giants are not going to force Coughlin to retire. They have too much respect for him. They are going to give him another year unless HE wants to retire which I doubt he wants to leave on this note.
mlv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
I agree a change is needed, but the Giants are not going to force Coughlin to retire. They have too much respect for him. They are going to give him another year unless HE wants to retire which I doubt he wants to leave on this note.

Therein lies the problem. The New York Giants are not Tom Coughlin. The New York Giants are much bigger than Tom Coughlin. He should not get to choose his own fate if the team keeps performing the way it's been performing for the last year and a half. And if Mara is going to keep kowtowing to Coughlin just because he has two Super Bowl trophies when the team is performing like utter garbage, then he's a fool.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
dkebones wrote:

8-8
10-6
9-7
9-7
5-9

Someone has to go. Tom has said he's keeping his coordinators so...that leaves them little choice no?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
dkebones wrote:

8-8
10-6
9-7
9-7
5-9

Someone has to go. Tom has said he's keeping his coordinators so...that leaves them little choice no?

Hopefully they make Coughlin fire Fewell and Gilbride, but Coughlin is going no where
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
dkebones wrote:

8-8
10-6
9-7
9-7
5-9

Hopefully they make Coughlin fire Fewell and Gilbride, but Coughlin is going no where

defense gave up 16 points to one of the super bowl favorites; that keeps the Giants in the game.

facing a top 2 or 3 defense aside, if you have a two-time SB MVP you have to be able to put a game plan together that puts more than ZERO points on the board...or you adjust the game plan so that you can. oh wait, forgot that that apsect isn't in any of the offensive coaches' contracts... so now not only were we the only team to get shut out once this season, now we get to be the only team that got shut out TWICE...
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get the Fewell hate. At all. The Giants have 39 turnovers on the year. Worst (by far) in the NFL. Our special teams have been horrid (as usual) see:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

So the defense is ALWAYS put in a bad situation but have still played extremely well in my opinion...and that's WITHOUT any pass rush until the last few weeks and even then that's basically just Tuck seemingly getting healthy (while JPP not so much).

That said...I'm not sure we'll be much better next year with Coughlin around unless we sign some impact players...because the guys we draft sure won't be getting much playing time...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think the defense did decent for the most part, but I can't get out of my mind that we get no sacks

I also been wanting to revamp this defense for years. Why do you think I only want to draft defense
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
I actually think the defense did decent for the most part, but I can't get out of my mind that we get no sacks

I also been wanting to revamp this defense for years. Why do you think I only want to draft defense

it doesnt matter, their playing time in a best scenario will be like Damontre Moore's...
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Acgott wrote:

it doesnt matter, their playing time in a best scenario will be like Damontre Moore's...

Yup yup.

If I could keep one of our OC/DC/HC for next year, I'm taking Fewell. The defense hasn't been that great but given the circumstances, they've been playing well enough. Plus they're the only unit that seems to give a damn anymore. Coughlin says the right things but it's obvious to anyone that his old school ways are just outdated now. They don't work in today's NFL.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand the fire Fewell banners. He has done a very good job considering we have little pass rush. Our secondary hasnt been healthy all year or together for like 3 years now. When was the last time Cweb, Rolle, Hill, Brown, Thomas, Prince, Hosley, Ross have all been healthy?

We have a bad o-line, fine. But what do you do to combat that? Quick passes. Have you seen Denver's o-line? How many 2nd string guys have they put out there? And Peyton seems to score at will with that offense. Its mind-boggling that we have a nice receiving trio and a QB yet we average under 20PPG and get shut out twice. The Packers scored more points against the Cowboys in one half than we did in an entire game. Upper management has to fire Gilbride. Has to. A new system is needed immediately.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the defense gets a pass from me. That many turnovers and short fields is very hard to overcome. Plus changing out two coordinators in the same season is tough. Personally I want Killdrive gone. If that means Coughlin has to go to then so be it. I'd like to give Coughlin another year and bring in an OC that understands the modern game of football.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: