Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Disgusting. (Venting thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how much I buy the Gilbride bashing. Fact is in Eli's best season Nicks and Cruz were still the first two options and our O-Line was awful. So are we really going to place the brunt of the blame on Randle for Eli's poor play when all he's done is replaced Manningham?

Or are we arguing that Nicks and Cruz suddenly don't grasp the complexities of an offense that they thrived in just two years ago?

And recall that our O-Line was actually pretty decent last year but Eli's play went downhill regardless.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Not sure how much I buy the Gilbride bashing. Fact is in Eli's best season Nicks and Cruz were still the first two options and our O-Line was awful. So are we really going to place the brunt of the blame on Randle for Eli's poor play when all he's done is replaced Manningham?

Or are we arguing that Nicks and Cruz suddenly don't grasp the complexities of an offense that they thrived in just two years ago?

And recall that our O-Line was actually pretty decent last year but Eli's play went downhill regardless.

6 of the picks are when Eli was throwing to Randle. I haven't seen all (or maybe any?) of them but I find it hard to believe all are on Eli.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More evidence that Reese is part of our problem. I'd post the link but it's an espn insider one. But this is part of the reason why our run game is so bad compared to last season:

Quote:
The cheaper replacement

Brandon Myers, TE, New York Giants (4 years/$14.3 million)
Although the salary numbers are not egregious, this is more about the Giants choosing to move on from Martellus Bennett, who netted an extra $6 million from the Chicago Bears for the same number of years. Bennett isn't necessarily a Pro Bowler, but he's been a steady run-blocker (despite a slow start this season) while providing an adequate target on short and intermediate routes. Myers had the gaudy fantasy stats a year ago with 79 catches for 806 yards, but his overall game paled in comparison with Bennett's. His minus-20.4 run-blocking grade ranked dead last, and he's only slightly better this year at minus-4.6. As a receiver, Myers has caught only 20 of his 33 targets for 223 yards and a 1.06 yards/route run that ranks 22nd among tight ends. When you add it all up, Myers has PFF's second-lowest overall grade at minus-8.8.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this money coming for Bennett? After this year Bennett has 3 years with a cap hit over 6 million. That is way too much for an average TE.

Myers was always going to be a one year rental for us. His contract void after this year
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For more venting...I'm super bitter that we didn't draft Tyrann Mathieu. Just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Where is this money coming for Bennett? After this year Bennett has 3 years with a cap hit over 6 million. That is way too much for an average TE.

Myers was always going to be a one year rental for us. His contract void after this year

My post wasn't supposed to be a "we should've re-signed Bennett" more of a "man Myers has been horrible at run blocking".

Edit: Also Reese is responsible for our cap situation so...not being able to resign Bennett is...kind of on him. Smile

Last edited by GmenSeattle on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
For more venting...I'm super bitter that we didn't draft Tyrann Mathieu. Just saying.

Literally shook my head the whole third round. I dont care what "problems" he had. Too me they were fixable and the guy had so much talent it was ridiculous not to draft him in the second. Heck to me the guy was a first round talent.

Now you've made me upset and jealous of the freaking Cardinals

Not a Knicks fan
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Literally shook my head the whole third round. I dont care what "problems" he had. Too me they were fixable and the guy had so much talent it was ridiculous not to draft him in the second. Heck to me the guy was a first round talent.

We needed DB help and the guy is a stud DB, can play corner, safety, can blitz... sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

We needed DB help and the guy is a stud DB, can play corner, safety, can blitz... sigh.

When everyone can get healthy for them the Cardinals will of had a great draft. Shame two of them had season ending injury's and I dont believe Minter has touched the field.

Not a Knicks fan
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

When everyone can get healthy for them the Cardinals will of had a great draft. Shame two of them had season ending injury's and I dont believe Minter has touched the field.

One of the reasons the Cardinals drafted Mathieu so high was his mentor relationship with Patrick Peterson. The Giants or another team may have gotten him later, but the Cards felt they could keep him in line and take advantage of his skills. I'm not jealous of the Cards because of that, but there is no doubting Mathieu has quickly become the stud he was at LSU.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accidentally clicked on a later page of the forum and found this thread. Pretty funny looking back.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29831&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

One of the reasons the Cardinals drafted Mathieu so high was his mentor relationship with Patrick Peterson. The Giants or another team may have gotten him later, but the Cards felt they could keep him in line and take advantage of his skills. I'm not jealous of the Cards because of that, but there is no doubting Mathieu has quickly become the stud he was at LSU.

This is fully the reason I am jealous of the Cards. Because I knew this would happen. Had a huge man crush on him in college and wanted him so bad. His relationship with PP has definitely helped him transition from a college kid to a pro athlete. Also his contract and constant drug tests should be helping, but considering he agreed to all of that I figured he would have been fine anyway.

Not a Knicks fan
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Accidentally clicked on a later page of the forum and found this thread. Pretty funny looking back.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29831&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Damn... blast from the past Laughing

I wonder what percentage of my total posts are in defense of Eli. Cool

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

About 19000.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

About 19000.

Thats it?

Not a Knicks fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 17 of 26

Jump to: