Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Disgusting. (Venting thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-6 is really shocking. Anyone or all of the NFC East teams can suck hard, but I figure you'd at least get 2 wins. I'm rooting for you to win at least 4 games, because I don't want you getting Clowney.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
because the forum doesnt have the capabilities to make the sticky icon look like a pile of crap yet.

Touche

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to Tom Coughlin at his Friday press conference, when he talked about all the reasons why the Giants are where they are. Here is Coughlin talking about Rueben Randle breaking off his pattern and taking off when he saw the Bears cornerback sitting on his pass route, a play that soon became 7-0 for the Bears.

Coughlin: “(Randle’s) language was a little bit indicative that he wasn’t going to and then he did. By that time the quarterback had thrown the ball. Eli should have seen the corner. It would have helped him go somewhere else, whether Rueben was right or wrong. I’m sure (Eli) would tell you the same thing.”

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1483990

—-

This offense is completely insane. It is conceptually the dumbest offense ever constructed. The quarterback has to read “the language” of the receiver in the midst of being rushed by 350 lb lunatics? He’s got to read “the language” of each of his receivers as he goes through progressions?

This is a system in which the quarterback is destined to fail.

I stand behind my conclusion the other night: that play is more on Killdrive and Coughlin, running a gimmick college offense from 20+ years ago, than on any player. Any real offense and they’re looking at the formation pre snap and calling specific plays. Like a pump and go.

Which they later ran against the same exact formation, with same exact personnel, with Randle running the same exact route, for 6 points.

^Joe_is_the_best
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Listen to Tom Coughlin at his Friday press conference, when he talked about all the reasons why the Giants are where they are. Here is Coughlin talking about Rueben Randle breaking off his pattern and taking off when he saw the Bears cornerback sitting on his pass route, a play that soon became 7-0 for the Bears.

Coughlin: “(Randle’s) language was a little bit indicative that he wasn’t going to and then he did. By that time the quarterback had thrown the ball. Eli should have seen the corner. It would have helped him go somewhere else, whether Rueben was right or wrong. I’m sure (Eli) would tell you the same thing.”

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1483990

—-

This offense is completely insane. It is conceptually the dumbest offense ever constructed. The quarterback has to read “the language” of the receiver in the midst of being rushed by 350 lb lunatics? He’s got to read “the language” of each of his receivers as he goes through progressions?

This is a system in which the quarterback is destined to fail.

I stand behind my conclusion the other night: that play is more on Killdrive and Coughlin, running a gimmick college offense from 20+ years ago, than on any player. Any real offense and they’re looking at the formation pre snap and calling specific plays. Like a pump and go.

Which they later ran against the same exact formation, with same exact personnel, with Randle running the same exact route, for 6 points.

X, your post is too sophisticated for most. It's easier to blame Eli. That's why I keep saying I am not at all worried about Eli. We certainly need a better Oline to pass pro and run but that system when clicking (with healthy Oline ) brought us 2 Supes but when it's off it's ugly. The ultimate high risk high reward. Install Peyton's offense and let Eli get to work.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system is great if both the QB and WR are on the same page. You can adjust your route on the fly depending on what coverage the defense is showing. In other systems if you call a go route for a WR and the corner is playing 8 yards deep and with safety help over the top, there isn't much you can do. In this offense if you see that coverage, both the QB and WR need to understand that it's now going to be a quick hitch, or curl, or slant, or whatever. Far too often we see Eli do one thing, and the WR do another. The miscommunication used to be with Manningham, now that's been relegated to Randle.

It'll probably be a moot point because Gilbride and this system will be gone next year. But, a guy like Sammy Watkins would be great for this system. Not only does he have good size and speed, he also reportedly takes his film study very seriously and is a technician on the field.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid read about the current situation and how it could be just one season of...poo before some upside.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/13/how-the-giants-plummeted-from-annual-contenders-to-0-6/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Da'Rel Scott

Not a Knicks fan
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is ready to watch the Giants lay a nice steamy hot turd on Monday Night Football? Look for this to be the lowest rated MNF game of the year. Both teams are virtually unwatchable... except for gluttons for punishment like ourselves.

Vikings 41
Giants 14
skywindO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
Who is ready to watch the Giants lay a nice steamy hot turd on Monday Night Football? Look for this to be the lowest rated MNF game of the year. Both teams are virtually unwatchable... except for gluttons for punishment like ourselves.

Vikings 41
Giants 14

Laughing

You seem to be forgetting the Vikings proven track record of failing in prime time games.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

Vikings 41
Giants 14

Laughing

You seem to be forgetting the Vikings proven track record of failing in prime time games.

What about Eli's proven track record of completely sucking against you guys? Wink

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Rase

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they're having fun...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1813422-giants-david-wilson-and-rueben-randle-engage-in-peculiar-twitter-spat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
At least they're having fun...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1813422-giants-david-wilson-and-rueben-randle-engage-in-peculiar-twitter-spat

Glad they are... we sure aren't. Evil or Very Mad

Randle did own Wilson though Laughing

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

Vikings 41
Giants 14

Laughing

What about Eli's proven track record of completely sucking against you guys? Wink

Vikings really want us to win. They're starting Freeman.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834228/minnesota-vikings-start-josh-freeman-qb-vs-new-york-giants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
The system is great if both the QB and WR are on the same page. You can adjust your route on the fly depending on what coverage the defense is showing. In other systems if you call a go route for a WR and the corner is playing 8 yards deep and with safety help over the top, there isn't much you can do. In this offense if you see that coverage, both the QB and WR need to understand that it's now going to be a quick hitch, or curl, or slant, or whatever. Far too often we see Eli do one thing, and the WR do another. The miscommunication used to be with Manningham, now that's been relegated to Randle.

It'll probably be a moot point because Gilbride and this system will be gone next year. But, a guy like Sammy Watkins would be great for this system. Not only does he have good size and speed, he also reportedly takes his film study very seriously and is a technician on the field.

Its great when everything is clicking, but most of the time its not. Our offense has always been really hot and cold and error prone. When CBs play 8 yards deep you either a) audible or b) go through your progressions and move on. Thats what every top offense does. But not ours. We have installed an offense that has the QB read the defense AND the body language of the WR all in the split of a second and if either reads it wrong its disaster. When you have to have a WR thats SMART in addition to being a great athlete you are severely thinning the pool of guys that can be successful with us.

Im not even going to mention how Gilbride is completely unable to develop a short passing game. Ive seen Peyton and Brees for the last 6 games through a gazillion versions of the screen or short passes designed to get WRs open quick. We have non of this, absolutely zilch. If its not a deep pass its Eli gunning it in between to defenders. I guess this is what you get when you havent changed the offense since our most senior wideout was drafted.

^Joe_is_the_best
Rase

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

Vikings 41
Giants 14

Laughing

Vikings really want us to win. They're starting Freeman.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834228/minnesota-vikings-start-josh-freeman-qb-vs-new-york-giants

Not really. Freeman is much,much better than Ponder and Cassel. He'll perform much better than in TB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 16 of 26

Jump to: