Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints RB Mark Ingram expected to seek trade from Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krewebrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

Then Les Miles finally puts Jermey Hill into the game and BOOM!!!

Hill started the game and played most of the 1st half. He sucked too. It was some kind of half time adjustment or something Les Miles said in the locker room.

Either way I agree Ingram isn't good. He's not Hill. I'd honestly be fine if we cut him and got nothing in return.

And Harper, Ingram can do one thing at a high level. Play bad.

Adopt a Saint 2014
Jimmy Graham:
Glenn Foster:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Then Les Miles finally puts Jermey Hill into the game and BOOM!!!

Hill started the game and played most of the 1st half. He sucked too. It was some kind of half time adjustment or something Les Miles said in the locker room.

Either way I agree Ingram isn't good. He's not Hill. I'd honestly be fine if we cut him and got nothing in return.

And Harper, Ingram can do one thing at a high level. Play bad.

Was not talking about the Georgia game their guy...

Quote:
Then the other day I was watching LSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Come on guys, Ingram sucks because he sucks. Who's fault is it that he's not a threat to catch the ball? His. He doesn't suck because teams know he's going to run. He sucks because he can't break tackles, he has poor vision and he has no agility to speak of. The guy was a huge bust, its as simple as that.

Harp, you know what I think would be KILLER!!!

If the Saints could trade Ingram to Jacksonville for MJD. Word is they would like to move MJD because they know they will lose him after this season in FA. He's said to be looking to go to a contender but the Jags also know that they won't get a lot in return for him now.

Maybe a swap of Ingram and MJD, we could even throw in a mid round pick if MJD would agree to a contract extention.

Man, a backfield of MJD and Sproles behind Brees and those weapons!

SICK

domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I think that's more of a stretch than thinking we can get a 3rd out of him....

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm, have you seen MJD play yet? He's done. The injury killed him. He's looked worse than Ingram.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
Sec104row6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...does Ingram still "suck" or will you haters finally admit it's the O line that needs serious upgrading?

Obviously NO ONE can run behind this line...and if they don't tighten up they're gonna get Brees hurt. 3 more sacks yesterday, plus he often is running for his life.

EDIT;
My mistake. The O line gave up 4 sacks.

Last edited by Sec104row6 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Sec104row6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

Man, a backfield of MJD and Sproles behind Brees and those weapons!

Yeah..Sproles really looked great yesterday. Rolling Eyes
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre and Khiry have looked fine running the ball the last two games. The O Line needs improvement, but that doesn't mean Ingram doesn't suck.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Sec104row6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
SaintsBeast wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Come on guys, Ingram sucks because he sucks. Who's fault is it that he's not a threat to catch the ball? His. He doesn't suck because teams know he's going to run. He sucks because he can't break tackles, he has poor vision and he has no agility to speak of. The guy was a huge bust, its as simple as that.

You dish out a lot of hate for a guy that touts around Harper. Seriously.

Well, he's telling the truth about Ingram.

I maintain he'll find success IF someone else picks him up. The problem is, who? After watching him run himself at nothing for 2 years? He's another Reggie Bush.

LMAO..Bush currently has more rushing yards than any running back on our team right now.
No one can run behind this offensive line...but they blame Ingram. Rolling Eyes
Sec104row6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Pierre and Khiry have looked fine running the ball the last two games. The O Line needs improvement, but that doesn't mean Ingram doesn't suck.

We have what? 3 rushing TD's this year? ..and one of them was Brees...and we're ranked #24 in rushing in the league.

Yeah, right...it's all Ingrams fault...
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sec104row6 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

We have what? 3 rushing TD's this year? ..and one of them was Brees...and we're ranked #24 in rushing in the league.

Compare Ingrams production with every other back on our team.

PT 3.5 YPC, Khiry 4.4 YPC, Sproles 3.9 YPC, Ingram 1.8 YPC.

I never once said it was all Ingram's fault. The O line has struggled, and needs to get better. Ingram either isn't a good back for our system because he needs to get into a rythm and be the main back, or he just flat out isn't good.

Adopt-a-Saint
Sec104row6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Sec104row6 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

I never once said it was all Ingram's fault. The O line has struggled, and needs to get better. Ingram either isn't a good back for our system because he needs to get into a rythm and be the main back, or he just flat out isn't good.

Right..1.8 ypc. He only played 2 games and has been hurt.

Ingram averaged 3.9 the past 2 years.

So, if that "sucks", then what does that say about PT only averaging 3.5? Does he "suck", too?

What about Sproles?..If Ingram "sucks" at 3.9, then Sproles must "suck", too, right?

PT scored 6 TD's the past 2 years.

Sproles had 3

Ingram scored 10.

It's the O line.

They don't run block..and BARELY pass block. Brees has been sacked 18 times already this year. He won't survive at this rate.

The only reason we win is because Brees is unnaturally good. It surely isn't our "fearsome" running game.

If we had an ordinary QB and only averaged 75 yards rushing per game we'd be 1-6 instead of 6-1
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sec104row6 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Sec104row6 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

Right..1.8 ypc. He only played 2 games and has been hurt.

Ingram averaged 3.9 the past 2 years.

So, if that "sucks", then what does that say about PT only averaging 3.5? Does he "suck", too?

What about Sproles?..If Ingram "sucks" at 3.9, then Sproles must "suck", too, right?

PT scored 6 TD's the past 2 years.

Sproles had 3

Ingram scored 10.

It's the O line.

They don't run block..and BARELY pass block. Brees has been sacked 18 times already this year. He won't survive at this rate.

The only reason we win is because Brees is unnaturally good. It surely isn't our "fearsome" running game.

If we had an ordinary QB and only averaged 75 yards rushing per game we'd be 1-6 instead of 6-1

Are you ignoring the fact that I've stated the O Line has been bad multiple times? Ingram hasn't deserved to play in more than two games. He tries to get to the outside on too many runs and doesn't have the speed for it. And when he does run inside he rarely falls forward for positive yardage. The offense is better without him.

Adopt-a-Saint
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sec104row6 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

Stats aside, Ingram has looked bad. Yea he's had good runs and decent season. but we can get good runs and decent season with any of our other backs. And aside from anything stat related Ingram flat out doesn't impress. Yes, the o-line sucks ball sack at run-blocking, Ingram flat out doesn't impress regardless of any of it. Ingram does not fit well in New Orleans, I was afraid of this from the start, and I damn sure wasn't alone.

We all want to get our ground game back, but Ingram isn't going to help in any way shape or form. If the line starts blocking good, Thomas, Sproles, and Robinson will be more than enough. I hope he can find success elsewhere, but New Orleans is not for him.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Sec104row6 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

Stats aside, Ingram has looked bad. Yea he's had good runs and decent season. but we can get good runs and decent season with any of our other backs. And aside from anything stat related Ingram flat out doesn't impress. Yes, the o-line sucks ball sack at run-blocking, Ingram flat out doesn't impress regardless of any of it. Ingram does not fit well in New Orleans, I was afraid of this from the start, and I damn sure wasn't alone.

We all want to get our ground game back, but Ingram isn't going to help in any way shape or form. If the line starts blocking good, Thomas, Sproles, and Robinson will be more than enough. I hope he can find success elsewhere, but New Orleans is not for him.

In a way, Ingram is the Martez Wilson of the offense! Looks great coming off the bus and at first glance one would think would be a beast. Gets on the field and for which ever reason and however you wanna spin it, he just simply does not produce. Also spends most of his time in the trainers room instead of the practice field.

The only really difference these two have other than playing opposing sides of the ball is the fact that one was a 3rd round pick and one was a 1st rounder that the GM & HC gave up a 1st & 2nd round pick the obtain.

One can simply cut a disappointing 3rd rounder but the same can't be said about a 1st rounder that so much was surrendered to get. For both Loomis and Payton's pride and reputation they either needone of the following two things to happen...

1. Ingram to turn the corner and justify the pick.
2. Ingram to raise his stock enough to justify a trade for some return.

Either way... as a Saints fan, I'm expecting to be force feed a lot more of Ingram in order to reach either of these two objectives so I kinda have come to a point of accepting it for what it is and understand that this is going to happen regardless of how much we don't want it to.

Payton & Loomis made this bed and Saints fans have to sleep in it... Get use to it, gonna be here for a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: