Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you want to trade for Josh Gordon or Kenny Britt?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

sorry oldie, but the guy has 9 catches in 5 games. Last year he had 14 in his abbreviated season. His career hiigh is 20. This year he has been a starter and number 2 for the majority of that. He hasn't shown anything to me. Looking around the league I see guys like reuben randle, harry douglas, doug baldwin etc as #3s, and I don't see Williams aywhere near where they are skill wise. At this point I feel like what he is now is all he will ever be and thats not a good wide receiver.

That's okay. Maybe big9er has a point, and maybe you are both correct. I really think Kyle would be making noise for a team like NE these last 4 weeks... but it's not a big deal. I get that Kyle isn't a remarkable weapon, and we can not agree on everything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at stats, I get why people aren't impressed with Kyle.

But, context is everything. Look at 2012. He got buried in the depth chart. But, he caught every single catchable ball thrown his way. Most of those uncatchable passes were in the Giants game when Alex had a broken finger and the ball was all over the place, except for anywhere near his receivers.

This year, let's face it. Kaep has one or two reads before he lets it fly.He's just not there yet as a passer. He's not even looking Kyle because he's never the top 1 or 2 reads. Boldin or Vernon, pretty much. Kyle has missed some catches this year as well, but most have been fairly inaccurate. At his feet, too wide, etc... Maybe Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, or Jerrod-Eddie( :p ) catch those, but most aren't going to. Alex certainly favored Kyle more than Kaep does. That much is blatantly obvious.

I'm not saying he'd be any team's #1 WR. He does have talent at the return department, though. Remember the Vikings game last year? Who was the only guy on the team that had any kind of success? Kyle. He had a decent return this year as well. But, let's face it, we've had some horrible field position this year. Most are fair catches behind the 10. The times we do get decent position, they're kicked high(on purpose) to force a fair catch. But, I guess if the return game is dead, why keep a WR with little production(regardless of the reason) just for returns?

All that said, with Manningham and Crabtree coming back, and people talking about Gordon(or whoever), Kyle won't beat out any of those guys. And, I'm fine with that. I just don't understand why people have to be so black-and-white with players. If they're not the highest producers, they're garbage, basically.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
If the 9ers don't get Gordon than I want Baalke to trade up for Brandon Coleman. He will be a beast at WR.

Trade up for Coleman? What in the 3rd round? Confused Coleman's hands are about as shaky as they come. He makes VD look like Larry Fitzgerald. He's basically a James Hardy clone.

Yes, and he has the size but I already seriously question his ability to be able to create separation at the next level. Personally, if we are going wide out, Jordan Matthews is easily my first round receiver crush right now.

Matthews is my favorite WR prospect as well. He reminds me so much of his cousin. I'd be stoked if we traded up for him.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ liked it, Ataal.

When and IF the Niners cut Kyle W for roster spots (Rio and Crabtree), I hope that KC picks him up. He is better than AJ Jenkins and Chad Hall for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
Forge wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
If the 9ers don't get Gordon than I want Baalke to trade up for Brandon Coleman. He will be a beast at WR.

Trade up for Coleman? What in the 3rd round? Confused Coleman's hands are about as shaky as they come. He makes VD look like Larry Fitzgerald. He's basically a James Hardy clone.

Yes, and he has the size but I already seriously question his ability to be able to create separation at the next level. Personally, if we are going wide out, Jordan Matthews is easily my first round receiver crush right now.

Matthews is my favorite WR prospect as well. He reminds me so much of his cousin. I'd be stoked if we traded up for him.

Always on the lookout for the next jerry rice ... check out the highlights and stats for Jeff Jannis.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that ultimately, Baalke and co do want Gordon but they are willing to wait because they don't want to give a second. The Browns obviously want to get rid of him and by Oct 29 (trade deadline, i think) they may be at the point where, if Gordon is still on their roster, they will be willing to take less for him.

This is where I think Baalke will come in and offer a 3rd, maybe 4th and they accept, simply because they don't have many other choices and Baalke really doesn't to give up an 2nd.

Plausible? Boo hoo!
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
I think that ultimately, Baalke and co do want Gordon but they are willing to wait because they don't want to give a second. The Browns obviously want to get rid of him and by Oct 29 (trade deadline, i think) they may be at the point where, if Gordon is still on their roster, they will be willing to take less for him.

This is where I think Baalke will come in and offer a 3rd, maybe 4th and they accept, simply because they don't have many other choices and Baalke really doesn't to give up an 2nd.

Plausible? Boo hoo!

As per usual, Baalke has a set value on Gordon, and he will get him for that value.. better value, or not at all.

FYI - trade deadline is in 20 days.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Plausible? Boo hoo!

That's a dangerous game - if we really want him. It risks other teams not in the bidding today entering because of unexpected injuries. Unless the Falcons are ready to write off this season, they might be looking for a guy like this with Jones out for the year.

We're almost certainly getting a 2nd from KC and our will almost certainly be bottom third (last!) in the second round. That's a fair value for a guy of his talent. If we don't want him because of personal issues, then fine. But trying to get a guy with second or maybe even first round skills for a third because we think the other team will eventually get desperate, sounds like a bad strategy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SI's Peter King suggested last week that a Josh Gordon trade to San Francisco in exchange for a second-round pick "has a chance."
The Gordon rumors aren't going to stop until the Oct. 29 trade deadline comes and goes. Former Cowboys personnel man and current NFL.com writer Gil Brandt had this to say: "Though the team has insisted Gordon is not on the block, if the Cleveland Browns, who are trying to stockpile draft choices, could get a second-round pick back, I think they'd be happy to trade him." In four games since coming off suspension, Gordon is averaging 6.2 catches for 107.2 yards with two touchdowns. If not for his off-field baggage, teams would be beating down the Browns' door.

Forge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another pointless update on this....

Quote:
@AdamSchefter

At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.

Still curious if one of them is us, even though we are starting to get healthy and should be ready to go after the bye week. The fact that it's a pick and a player makes me really curious about whether one of them is us. Did we finally find a use for LMJ? It makes a lot of sense from the niner perspective, but if the Browns are balking, I doubt that they are overly serious about unloading him.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

Quote:
@AdamSchefter

At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.

Still curious if one of them is us, even though we are starting to get healthy and should be ready to go after the bye week. The fact that it's a pick and a player makes me really curious about whether one of them is us. Did we finally find a use for LMJ? It makes a lot of sense from the niner perspective, but if the Browns are balking, I doubt that they are overly serious about unloading him.

Very true. I would love it though.
I also understand that we are getting guys back. But we don't have any wrs under contract much longer. With gordan we get a young stud for a few years and potential to sign him longer

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Forge wrote:

Quote:
@AdamSchefter

Very true. I would love it though.
I also understand that we are getting guys back. But we don't have any wrs under contract much longer. With gordan we get a young stud for a few years and potential to sign him longer

That's why I like the deal; he's not a solution for this year, but a helpful component in future years as well. He's cheap, under contract through 2015 I believe, and we already know he can produce at the NFL level. Manningham is gone after this year I think, and there's no guarantee Boldin is back. A starting duo of Crabs and Gordon is formidable with the likes of Patton and Baldwin backing them up. Plus, as I have said before, Gordon could potentially alleviate some of the concern over crabs leaving when his contract is up. When I think about trading for him, the thought of getting healthy wide receivers back this year doesn't really factor into it because I'm thinking of his acquisition as a future thing and not just a present thing, otherwise I'd agree that there would be no point.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

Quote:
@AdamSchefter

I don't wanna get my hopes up too high, but a 2nd and LMJ for Gordon would be a steal. We never use James anyway, and Gordon would instantly turn our receiving core from a weakness to a strength. That said, I doubt it happens. Crying or Very sad

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a trade happens that involves the 49ers getting Gordon it probably wouldn't happen until after the weekend.

If the Browns lose badly they will be more inclined to keep stockpiling picks.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
VD85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be the first to say this guy is far from trustworthy...BUT

Quote:
@IBNincarcerated: **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: 2nd team makes offer for #Browns Josh Gordon ' #IBN has *Confirmed* SF 49ERS have made a legit offer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: