Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you want to trade for Josh Gordon or Kenny Britt?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Would you want to trade for Josh Gordon or Kenny Britt? Reply with quote

News broke that Josh Gordon could be available for a pick, and Britt is clearly not happy with his team. We have a overstock of picks, and are in need of a WR. Would you guys be open to trading for one of these guys?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just going to post something similar. Britt isn't worth it to me; he's always banged up, he's going to be a free agent this year so even trading a pick for him is kind of a waste, and I can't imagine we'd see a whole lot of future there.

Gordon is far more interesting. He's got a lot of talent, but of course he has maturity issues. The problem to me is that I think the Browns are going to be asking what they spent on him; a second round pick. And I'd rather keep that pick. Now, if we can get him for a third? Now it's a different story. There's potential long term gain with Gordon, he's cheap and under team control for at least 2 more years I think, and with Boldin and possibly Crabs on their way out the door, he could slide in and potentially be a solid replacement. He's also already started showing that he can be a productive wide receiver at the NFL level I believe. Considering we have probably 3 third rd picks (I'm assuming the chiefs third becomes a second for 8 wins, leaving us with our own pick, the titans pick and likely compensatory 3/4 for Goldson), then I say we absolutely take a shot at Gordon. It will either help us break out of this logjam of mediocrity we have at the wide receiver position, or continue to add to it and just give us an additional option.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
VD85

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Gordon is going to be a stud imo. He'd be a perfect wr for this team that is in desperate need of someone to stretch the field. Depending on the price of the pick, I'd be all for trading for him, especially since we seem to be loaded with picks again in this upcoming draft. My only hesitation would be if we did get Gordon, it would stunt the growth of Patton who I think will turn into a stud himself.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have a high upside knucklehead in Baldwin so no on Gordon for me. Dont think Britt is under consideration from us.

kiltman on the sig
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, I'd give a 2nd rounder for Gordon in a heartbeat. We will likely have KC's 2nd rounder anyways, and Gordon could allow us to make up for the potential loss of Crabtree. Come on Baalke, make it happen!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon for sure. A second in a heartbeat. Britt is too much of a wild card.. always hurt or something... love his talent but I'll pass.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Brit but with him being a fa, I don't think it's worth it. But I wouldn't mind us signing him in the offseason.

Gordon has surprised me and I would trade a pick for him.
I doubt we would trade for either with their issues. Balke seems to take risks on cheap fa's but not with his draft picks

new sig... sorry alex
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Baldwin get some significant playing time today before trading for another new guy...

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er've got Manningham for sure and most likely Crabs coming back too. If we add a new WR that means we probably let Baldwin, Harper AND KDub go. Maybe that's OK; I'm not sure. I have no idea what Harper and Baldwin are doing in practice. He's got the same size as Harper and Baldwin so he could certainly the place of one of them, but is he worth as much as a 2nd?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this game would certainly help Gordon's trade value. I like the guy, I dislike the idea, but wouldn't hate the deal. We would know what we would be getting, so that's a plus, because we are going to have to draft another wide receiver early next year, so the idea of knowing what we are getting is promising.

adamq

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would it take for Britt? Two 7ths at th most? Yes please.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
fishsticks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, I havent seen much of Gordon. I like Britt. with a good qb I think he could be pretty good

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:

Probably something like that, but honestly, I don't feel that he adds anything that we don't already have. He doesn't have an amazing skillset anymore in my opinion; I think his constant injuries have sapped him of some of that.

sbrown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
adamq wrote:

Probably something like that, but honestly, I don't feel that he adds anything that we don't already have. He doesn't have an amazing skillset anymore in my opinion; I think his constant injuries have sapped him of some of that.

Britt is a tremendous athlete, but his knees have slowed him down. Gordon on the other hand was better wr than kendall wright at baylor. but he does have issues. maybe with a winning squad he can be better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: