Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silverback47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns are looking for cap flexibility and future picks. They want to suck now and stockpile long term assets, so there's a 0% chance of dumping Beason or Stewart on them. They're probably asking for something around a third round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think that even if we make a play for him, we will be outbid by the Lion who are desperate for another WR after Burleson's season ended today.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Chud said they aren't trying to trade him.

And yeah, they'd be looking for picks only, and some team would probably give them a 2nd and another pick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, even with all the other needs, I'd give up a 2nd for him. The D played well this week and could wait till the third round. Then pick up some OLine help in the first.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Silverback47

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:

And yeah, they'd be looking for picks only, and some team would probably give them a 2nd and another pick.

I can't see them getting a 2nd for a guy that could be gone for a year at any moment. Franchises don't want to give up that kind of asset for a burden.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silverback47 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

I can't see them getting a 2nd for a guy that could be gone for a year at any moment. Franchises don't want to give up that kind of asset for a burden.

The Vikings gave up a first and two thirds several years back for Jared Allen, who was in a similar situation with alcohol/DUI's. Obviously he was a much better and more proven player at that point, but Gordon has been a very promising player so far, so I think someone probably would give up a 2nd.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Silverback47 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

The Vikings gave up a first and two thirds several years back for Jared Allen, who was in a similar situation with alcohol/DUI's. Obviously he was a much better and more proven player at that point, but Gordon has been a very promising player so far, so I think someone probably would give up a 2nd.

I'm sure they will want at least a 2nd. Isn't that what they paid in the supplimental draft for him? If we gave up a 2nd for him it wouldn't be the end of the world. Given our history of 2nd round picks, he would be better than anyone we'd draft. COUGH Dwanyne Jarrett COUGH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Silverback47 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

I'm sure they will want at least a 2nd. Isn't that what they paid in the supplimental draft for him? If we gave up a 2nd for him it wouldn't be the end of the world. Given our history of 2nd round picks, he would be better than anyone we'd draft. COUGH Dwanyne Jarrett COUGH

I would say a 2nd would be a valid request for them, but cannot see them getting that being that he's on the verge of a year long suspension if he messes up again. I think a 3rd would be the highest they'd get and that would be from a WR hungry team.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no dont want the kid hes a pacman clone and will find himself out fo the league very quickly. he is an amazing talent to bad he cant grow up and i wouldnt trade any of the players or picks for that dude. ill keep the crappy contracts instead of housing this idiot.
atown703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon for Stewart would be an amazing trade

PSN id - Kemikalmbalinsce
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
Gordon for Stewart would be an amazing trade

Being that Deangelo didn't care for Chud, can't imagine that Stewart did either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way I see a trade for Stew going anywhere. Chud has no use for a high priced RB in his system. That is the reason they dumped Richardson. Chud just does not put that much value at the RB position.

I am not sure how much I would give up for Gordan. I think a 4th would be ok. He is a 2nd round talent at least but with that year long suspension hanging over his head I don't see the browns getting that from anyone.
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Silverback47 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

I would say a 2nd would be a valid request for them, but cannot see them getting that being that he's on the verge of a year long suspension if he messes up again. I think a 3rd would be the highest they'd get and that would be from a WR hungry team.

Agreed. I would happily give up a third for him. He definitely has the talent. I doubt we would pull the trigger though. I can see him going to Detroit if anywhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: