Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs offense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishbone20 wrote:
Megatron had more yard today than Bowe has had the entire year.

Side note, I think I'm subconsciously pessimistic.

It's not just you. I was acting like we lost the game today after seeing that offensive "performance". Alex Smith is REALLY starting to [inappropriate/removed] me off with his decision making.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've played terribly inconsistent that's for sure. The first half today I thought was the best the O has looked and then..
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offense has to get it together before denver or we're toast

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the offense was doing great in the first half. Second half, not so much.

If we can consistently give Smith good blocking like we did in the first half, we can beat anybody.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I thought the offense was doing great in the first half. Second half, not so much.

If we can consistently give Smith good blocking like we did in the first half, we can beat anybody.

Agreed. Smith is not the problem. He has been great whenever he has HAD to be. He just chooses to be conservative when we have the lead. look at the 99 yard drive last week. That wasn't the first time we have had 90 plus yard drives in clutch situations either. The things that do concern me are : 1. when the offensive line struggles Smith has no chance. 2. We have to do a better job in the red zone getting more TD and less field goals.
valkrei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have scored another 11 points by my count today.

It seems like our teams only weakness is against a good receiver you know the ones that can get over 100 yards in a game. Then I think we need a new number 1, I don't care if we design plays to get Bowe involved or not a true number one doesn't need those plays to make plays.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I being off-the-wall for thinking Alex Smith is a rough fit in this offense?

Obviously once a scheme sticks around for long enough, comfort level with the playbook and roles will increase, so I expect to see improvement. But for right now... eh.

Playcalling wasn't bad. The execution though...

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Am I being off-the-wall for thinking Alex Smith is a rough fit in this offense?

Obviously once a scheme sticks around for long enough, comfort level with the playbook and roles will increase, so I expect to see improvement. But for right now... eh.

Playcalling wasn't bad. The execution though...

Yes, IMO. IMO He's a great fit in this offense we just have to do a better job at blocking for him. Look at what he did in the first half, did well moving the ball around, moving the chains, got us 2 TD's and in FG position 3 times.

If we can do a GOOD job blocking for him on a consistent basis I think Smith could perform like a borderline top 10 QB in this offense.

Last edited by simonwayne on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I was driving all day, so right now is the first chance I've had to go back and watch the game. I'm done with the first two offensive drives right now and I have a few things to say...

Arrow Jeff Allen still sucks.
Arrow Knile Davis should've bounced his 10 yard run to the outside once he got to the 2nd level and if he did, he'd still be running. That would've meant 7 points instead of 3 on the first drive of the game. If Charles got that carry instead of Knile, I'm confident we would've had a TD on that play.
Arrow Alex Smith needs to set his feet and get more reps with Fasano. If he would've hit him in stride on the corner route to the end zone, that would've been another 7 points instead of 3. In other words, first two drives, 14 points instead of 6 points, meaning we can pin our ears back and blitz the hell out of Campbell. Instead, we couldn't because Alex doesn't have any chemistry with Fasano at all. It's almost like he still thinks he has Vernon Davis and his 4.3 speed at TE.
Arrow Fisher is good in space in this game so far, Hudson most certainly is not and Phil Taylor has already made a few damn good plays.

More to come later, I'm sure.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, even assuming both those long passes to Gorden still happen, given the points I made in the post above this one, the score should've been 28-10 at half time. Well, considering we only scored 3 more points in the 2nd half, I'm gonna generously add that onto the 28 points we SHOULD'VE had and say we should've scored at least 31 against this stout Browns defense.

In short, if two plays are executed slightly better (which is what the bye week is for; refinement in execution and technique), we hang a 30 burger on a top 10 defense.

If we could've done that against the Browns, imagine what we'll be able to do against the Broncos. We might actually score 40 and if the defense can hold them to 24 or less, we might actually start getting a little respect around the league.

Oh...and I know I've said this before, but I loves me some Anthony Sherman. Dude does everything and does it well.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns decided to to turn up the heat in the 2nd half. I couldn't figure out why Andy Reid and/or Alex Smith weren't calling plays that had some sort of hot route. Alex took way too many sacks because there was no outlet when the pressure was in his face.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
wishbone20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Sherman has played great. His involvement had made this offense functional pulling double coverage into our backfield.

We've really struggled getting seperation and the Browns pressed us frequently in the 2nd half. I think we have to add another weapon to this offense and until we do that I will have my reservations when considering our scoring unit.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcstomp63 wrote:
The Browns decided to to turn up the heat in the 2nd half. I couldn't figure out why Andy Reid and/or Alex Smith weren't calling plays that had some sort of hot route. Alex took way too many sacks because there was no outlet when the pressure was in his face.

We were toying with them. We knew we had the game in hand, and instead of playing with any sort of strategy, we viewed this as a full pads practice, and decided to work on stretching the field.

I really don't know how else to explain this game in many ways. On defense we seemingly did nothing creative like we've been doing the past 7 weeks, and chose to play vanilla defense. And on offense we made the same mistakes over and over again like not running/or taking hot routes.

And I never thought Smith overthrowing deep balls would have been such a big concern. But it seems like every time now he goes over 15yds, he's launching it over guys every time.

I'm not trying to be a downer or anything, but these are legitimately concerning things, unless somewhere along the line we chose to do the above. I'm loving being 8-0, but I simply can't get excited too much when our offense is this sporadic, and our defense can take the day off like that.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishbone20 wrote:
Anthony Sherman has played great. His involvement had made this offense functional pulling double coverage into our backfield.

We've really struggled getting seperation and the Browns pressed us frequently in the 2nd half. I think we have to add another weapon to this offense and until we do that I will have my reservations when considering our scoring unit.

Thinking the exact same thing. Donnie Avery is a good depth, backup kind of WR, but imagine us grabbing a guy like Josh Gordon? Oh boyyyy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"@ESPNNFL: The @KCChiefs have outscored their opponents by 40 points in the 4th quarter, the BEST margin in the league."

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: