Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brock Osweiler's value
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Brock Osweiler's value Reply with quote

Basically some guys on the Browns forum want Osweiler and I pretty much said that
A - He's not for sale and
B - Given that we spent a second rounder on him, and invested a yer of time and money into his training, the lowest price we'd trade him for would be a first round pick.

What they're saying is Joe Thomas to Denver for Von Miller AND Osweiler AND a draft pick.

Now I reckon that would be a horrible deal for us as once Clady returns we'd need to cut either him or Thomas anyway.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Brock Osweiler's value Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Basically some guys on the Browns forum want Osweiler and I pretty much said that
B - Given that we spent a second rounder on him, and invested a yer of time and money into his training, the lowest price we'd trade him for would be a first round pick.

What they're saying is Joe Thomas to Denver for Von Miller AND Osweiler AND a draft pick.

Now I reckon that would be a horrible deal for us as once Clady returns we'd need to cut either him or Thomas anyway.

That would be a joke of a trade for Denver.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Brock Osweiler's value Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Exactly

I think Osweiler is worth a first, Von Miller probably a first and third if not more, Thomas is worth about the same as Miller.

He suggested that Thomas would be worth Miller AND a pick, and that we should just "throw in" Osweiler.

Thing is we don't even want Joe Thomas. I could understand trading a pick for Monroe and Albert as a rental but having Thomas on our team would provide a big headache to our team once Clady is healthy. I'm genuinely a bit angry at this Browns fan.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure if the Browns called with that offer Elway would laugh and remind them of the Drive and hang up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Brock Osweiler's value Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
germ-x wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Exactly

I think Osweiler is worth a first, Von Miller probably a first and third if not more, Thomas is worth about the same as Miller.

He suggested that Thomas would be worth Miller AND a pick, and that we should just "throw in" Osweiler.

Thing is we don't even want Joe Thomas. I could understand trading a pick for Monroe and Albert as a rental but having Thomas on our team would provide a big headache to our team once Clady is healthy. I'm genuinely a bit angry at this Browns fan.

First of all, even with all the issues VON has faced this off season, he is still as untouchable a Bronco as you can get when it comes to trades. Thomas and VON same value? Gimme a break.
Even without Clady on the roster I dont trade VON for Thomas even if the Browns threw in a high draft pick to close the deal.
VON is a once in a generation talent.

We are talking about an RGIII type of haul to trade what could potentially be the greatest pass rushing line backer of all time. So to even talk about a putrid 1st and a 3rd is laughable.
Pretty soon, Brock is going to be worth a 1st and a 3rd all by himself. Smile
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be the most idiotic conversation ever had in this forum.

Why in the world would the Broncos ever trade Von Miller? ESPECIALLY for a player that is not much better than Ryan Clady AND the quarterback of the future AND a draft pick.

I cant believe Im even wasting my time. Stop the nonsense.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Why in the world would the Broncos ever trade Von Miller? ESPECIALLY for a player that is not much better than Ryan Clady AND the quarterback of the future AND a draft pick.

I'm with you man. This is pretty funny. Sounds like someone seriously overvalues Joe Thomas.

We wouldn't trade either Brock or Von, straight up for him. Thomas is probably worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick on the open market.
Reaver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I'm with you man. This is pretty funny. Sounds like someone seriously overvalues Joe Thomas.

We wouldn't trade either Brock or Von, straight up for him. Thomas is probably worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick on the open market.

I would trade Brock straight up for Thomas in a heart beat if we didn't have two high LT contracts to deal with. I would absolutely not trade Von for Joe Thomas straight up, much less throwing in Osweiler AND a pick.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaver wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I would trade Brock straight up for Thomas in a heart beat if we didn't have two high LT contracts to deal with. I would absolutely not trade Von for Joe Thomas straight up, much less throwing in Osweiler AND a pick.

If Ryan Clady wasnt in the picture, then yes, I would trade Oz for Thomas, in the beat of a heart. But since Thomas and Clady both got paid recently, it makes no sense for the Bronocos. Let alone throw in one of the top-3 defensive players in the NFL, and a draft pick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Cleveland seems to be in rebuilding mode what would guys think of trading Thomas for Clady? I'm sure we would have to throw in a draft pick (not sure what round) but their contracts are similiar and we could really use Thomas for our Super Bowl run. If it were me I would make the trade and throw in a pick as high as the second round. With our record it would probably be at the bottom of the second round anyway.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
Since Cleveland seems to be in rebuilding mode what would guys think of trading Thomas for Clady? I'm sure we would have to throw in a draft pick (not sure what round) but their contracts are similiar and we could really use Thomas for our Super Bowl run. If it were me I would make the trade and throw in a pick as high as the second round. With our record it would probably be at the bottom of the second round anyway.

You're underrating schematic fit though. It wouldn't be as easy as just to plug and play Thomas.
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:

Clady is only a year younger. I don't see the benefit for Clev. But Thomas is better OT than Clady imo.
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I don't get the whole trade Von when his stock is at its lowest. After Holmes had his Super Bowl MVP 1300 yrd season etc he was worth a 5th because they were getting rid of him and that's the best they could get. Von's value right now is probably a 2nd (Just all crap coming out about him and being one mistake from 1 yr suspension(and they can't talk to him)) and it just isn't feasible time to deal him.

Brock for him would be a steal since I don't think his value is that high right now but no way Denver has cap room to do that(I dont think really any backups is that high right now and the next QB class is supposed to be pretty good.). Lombardi is tearing down to rebuild and get his guys in there while ridding character issues out.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:

Clady is only a year younger. I don't see the benefit for Clev. But Thomas is better OT than Clady imo.
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I don't get the whole trade Von when his stock is at its lowest. After Holmes had his Super Bowl MVP 1300 yrd season etc he was worth a 5th because they were getting rid of him and that's the best they could get. Von's value right now is probably a 2nd (Just all crap coming out about him and being one mistake from 1 yr suspension(and they can't talk to him)) and it just isn't feasible time to deal him.

Brock for him would be a steal since I don't think his value is that high right now but no way Denver has cap room to do that(I dont think really any backups is that high right now and the next QB class is supposed to be pretty good.). Lombardi is tearing down to rebuild and get his guys in there while ridding character issues out.

I think Von nets at least as much as Jared Allen did.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread title puts forth a solid question, that is then ruined by the conversation in here.

As the thread title goes, Brock's probably worth a 2nd. He's done nothing to hurt, or help his stock. That may change tonight, if he gets a quarter and rocks it.

The better question, that can be posed next week, or the year after, is what is Dysert's value, because that's who we're most likely to be selling.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
The thread title puts forth a solid question, that is then ruined by the conversation in here.

As the thread title goes, Brock's probably worth a 2nd. He's done nothing to hurt, or help his stock. That may change tonight, if he gets a quarter and rocks it.

The better question, that can be posed next week, or the year after, is what is Dysert's value, because that's who we're most likely to be selling.

I disagree I thought Brock played well in pre season completing 65% to 69% of his passes. He looked much more comfortable reading defenses. He may of held the ball too long but Denver had no depth at wr. I also think the more looks he gets the more comfortable he will be at getting rid of the ball.

Brock has the physical tools of a first round pick. The thing about him was he was raw. To see him improving his mechanics ups his value. He is also getting better mentally sitting behind the most cerebral qb of all time this also helps his value.

Coming into the draft it was said Brock has a high football IQ. I'm not sure how good his functional football IQ was but his first season with Denver it was bad. Functional football IQ is pretty snap reads, reading defenses, throwing a wr open instead of when he is open. I know Peyton is elite in this category of Brock can develop half of that he will be a great player.

I think qbs with the potential Oz has warrant first round picks. If he proved himself during regular season game that's where you move up in class when it comes to trades. He would go up from one premier pick to multiple ala Cutler or RG3.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: