Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 (@ Titans) GDT: Here's to a Clean Game Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
This lost is on Pags.

Like I said in the general board, Locker hadn't hit a big play all day....so why play prevent?

Damn it, this team should have went after Ray Horton when they had the chance.

I dont think its on Pags. Really, you cant do anything when your DL cant win a one on one battle...ever...

Liuget, Freeney, Reyes, REALLY need to step up, bigtime... But all in all, we DESPERATELY need a good edge rusher...

Well, you can do something, but not with two backup ILB's in. Thing is, my criticism of Pagano goes more than this game and even with a depleted side, you can scheme to cover those deficiencies; heck we even saw it on the drive prior to that one when he sent the safety blitz.

but with Crezdon Butler/Johnny Patrick playing as the boundary CB, you cant do that. 2 ILB's and a CB out, its hard to do anything. Add 2 starters on the other side of the ball and your in trouble anyway...

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
This lost is on Pags.

Like I said in the general board, Locker hadn't hit a big play all day....so why play prevent?

Damn it, this team should have went after Ray Horton when they had the chance.

I dont think its on Pags. Really, you cant do anything when your DL cant win a one on one battle...ever...

Liuget, Freeney, Reyes, REALLY need to step up, bigtime... But all in all, we DESPERATELY need a good edge rusher...

Well, you can do something, but not with two backup ILB's in. Thing is, my criticism of Pagano goes more than this game and even with a depleted side, you can scheme to cover those deficiencies; heck we even saw it on the drive prior to that one when he sent the safety blitz.

but with Crezdon Butler/Johnny Patrick playing as the boundary CB, you cant do that. 2 ILB's and a CB out, its hard to do anything. Add 2 starters on the other side of the ball and your in trouble anyway...

Then why were they out there? Gilchrist has experience at CB, and is better than both of those guys. Stuckey could have stepped in a SS. Part of the scheme is making sure you have the right guys in for the situation.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Then why were they out there? Gilchrist has experience at CB, and is better than both of those guys. Stuckey could have stepped in a SS. Part of the scheme is making sure you have the right guys in for the situation.

I'm curious as to why Credzon Butler was active yet Brandon Taylor is still inactive.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

I'm curious as to why Credzon Butler was active yet Brandon Taylor is still inactive.

I assume they are being very cautious with Taylor's knee. He played in the preseason but considering Taylor is only like 9 months removed and isn't AP, may as well wait a bit. But yes, he should come back and start and Gilchrist should replace any of our non-Cox and Wright terrible corners.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@UTgehlken wrote:
Chargers LT King Dunlap has concussion. LG Chad Rinehart has turf toe.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God you could see that loss coming from a mile away. Half in the team in the 4th quarter were scrubs who have no business being on a football field. The serious lack of depth (that we all knew about coming into the season) is our downfall. Ohrnberger? Butler? Patrick? Harris? Bird? Geathers? English? Clary? None of these guys should be on an NFL roster.

And yet despite that harsh fact we were a ridiculous Gilchrist dropped INT away from pulling out a win on the road.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
God you could see that loss coming from a mile away. Half in the team in the 4th quarter were scrubs who have no business being on a football field. The serious lack of depth (that we all knew about coming into the season) is our downfall. Ohrnberger? Butler? Patrick? Harris? Bird? Geathers? English? Clary? None of these guys should be on an NFL roster.

And yet despite that harsh fact we were a ridiculous Gilchrist dropped INT away from pulling out a win on the road.

Well, Geathers and English should. I still don't think English is terrible, he's just a guy who is good against the run but not a great pass rusher. A poor man's Jarret Johnson. The rest..... yeah, probably not.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Well, Geathers and English should. I still don't think English is terrible, he's just a guy who is good against the run but not a great pass rusher. A poor man's Jarret Johnson. The rest..... yeah, probably not.

That's a good way of putting it.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I saw English lining up at 5-T on occasion the past couple weeks. It looks like they're using him kinda like Robert Ayers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: