Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: The New York Football Giants Come to Town
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
panther dude wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
Williams is a baller.

tbrown2699 wrote:
For all the D-Will hate in here, he is currently ranked 3rd in rushing behind Shady McCoy and mighty mouse... Ahead of AP... Just saying...

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Williams was great today, really good against the Bills too. If it wasn't for his fumble against Seattle, I probably would've professed my love for him already Laughing

When we win, everyone is happy! Very Happy Dancing
I've been saying the same thing all season. It's nothing new for me.

Oh no, I know. We've been on the same page all season. I've been standing in Deangelo's corner since the beggining and while some of the guys have been bashing him. You're definatley on the record for being pro-Deangelo and I've admired your posts to back up your statements.

My comment was more towards how when we win, the guys who were against Deangelo and far him are on the same page and happy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Ginn has 154 yards on 8 touches and 2 touchdowns.

He is currently averaging 10.5 yards per punt return and 26.7 yards per kick return.

Would say he has been a good signing for us to say the least.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Ted Ginn has 154 yards on 8 touches and 2 touchdowns.

He is currently averaging 10.5 yards per punt return and 26.7 yards per kick return.

Would say he has been a good signing for us to say the least.
No doubt. He's played his part well.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaKitten wrote:
I think they need to stick with what is working and that is Williams. Stewart can hop in like most back up RBs do throughout the game, but I don't really want to see split carries as long as Williams is going to be running like that.
Yep. Feed the hot hand.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for DeAngelo, I am glad he is proving me wrong and helping us win.
My stance on him hasn't changed though.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
CarolinaKitten wrote:
I think they need to stick with what is working and that is Williams. Stewart can hop in like most back up RBs do throughout the game, but I don't really want to see split carries as long as Williams is going to be running like that.
Yep. Feed the hot hand.

+1. I think DeAngelo plays better when he is the guy. His best year came when we moved Foster to SF and he was the main RB. I like Stewart as a change of pace back but he shouldn't be any more than that at least early on. DeAngelo's success will hopefully allow us to rest Stewart until he is 110% and then if DeAngelo wears down a bit we can switch it up. For now though, keep feeding Williams the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
CarolinaKitten wrote:
Yep. Feed the hot hand.

+1. I think DeAngelo plays better when he is the guy. His best year came when we moved Foster to SF and he was the main RB. I like Stewart as a change of pace back but he shouldn't be any more than that at least early on. DeAngelo's success will hopefully allow us to rest Stewart until he is 110% and then if DeAngelo wears down a bit we can switch it up. For now though, keep feeding Williams the ball.

I've always been a Williams fan as well. Also, there is no reason to believe that when Stewart comes back that he'll be effective. There is no way he can be in "football" shape. He'll probably be questionable and a game time decision...
rjkilla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still think shula isn't using d will and tolbert enough catching out of the backfield. with the vertical passing game those guys have a chance to catch the ball in space underneath and with the o line being awful on the right side it should be easy to catch the pass rush being aggressive on screens. now with barner coming back i hope we see that added cuz it helps move the chains and can get cam going early or back on track if he's struggling

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
i still think shula isn't using d will and tolbert enough catching out of the backfield. with the vertical passing game those guys have a chance to catch the ball in space underneath and with the o line being awful on the right side it should be easy to catch the pass rush being aggressive on screens. now with barner coming back i hope we see that added cuz it helps move the chains and can get cam going early or back on track if he's struggling

It will be interesting to see how Barner is used. He still has 2 games to show that he can contribute before Stew comes back.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
I've always thought Williams could be better utilized in the passing game. Over the last couple of years we've run boatloads of screens, but they're almost always to the TE or a WR.

MrDrew wrote:
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
I've always thought Williams could be better utilized in the passing game. Over the last couple of years we've run boatloads of screens, but they're almost always to the TE or a WR.

Always felt if we could get Williams in space, that he could create. We have seen him take it to the house once he gets on the outside in an open field many times.

I would expect at least 2-3 screens per game to be ran his way.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

Always felt if we could get Williams in space, that he could create. We have seen him take it to the house once he gets on the outside in an open field many times.

Yeah I agree. His explosiveness is one of his strongest traits.

Did anyone see the shot he took at Chud? It is on profootballtalk.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

Yep. Makes me glad Chud is gone to be honest.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

Yep. Makes me glad Chud is gone to be honest.

Same here. Smitty also spoke out against Chud this year. What a difference a year makes. The guy that was talked about as a successor to Rivera now the goat for our bad seasons. Fine with me, as long as we start winning!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:

THIS. We must include the screen into our offensive game plan. Williams as well as Barner are beasts in the open field

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: