Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Henery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34715
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Henery supporter, but he scares me a bit. I do think if we cut him it could easily turn into a "You don't know what you lost until it's gone"
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poloc2289


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 3929
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
He can't kick a 50 yard field goal. If you're drafted in the 4th as a kicker you are expected to do that.
I'm now getting nervous from 45 and up. He's money from 35-39 yards and in, but 40+ is almost a stretch. Not sure if it's a confidence issue or inconsistent mechanics, but he's not playing well at all times like we'd expect from someone who started their career so well (minus that SF game we lost).


That's not true.

He's 18/21 in his career from 30-39 yards for an average average of 85.7%

He's 17/20 in his career from 40-49 yards for a respectable 85.0%

If anything he needs to work on his focus from 30-39 yards.

His 1/3 from 50 yards can mean one of two things:
1. You guys are unjustified in saying he can't hit from 50+ as he has not had many opportunities
2. He hasn't had those opportunities because the coaches know he cannot hit from that distance

I'm still not seeing the problem.
_________________


PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25200
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
He can't kick a 50 yard field goal. If you're drafted in the 4th as a kicker you are expected to do that.
I'm now getting nervous from 45 and up. He's money from 35-39 yards and in, but 40+ is almost a stretch. Not sure if it's a confidence issue or inconsistent mechanics, but he's not playing well at all times like we'd expect from someone who started their career so well (minus that SF game we lost).


That's not true.

He's 18/21 in his career from 30-39 yards for an average average of 85.7%

He's 17/20 in his career from 40-49 yards for a respectable 85.0%

If anything he needs to work on his focus from 30-39 yards.

His 1/3 from 50 yards can mean one of two things:
1. You guys are unjustified in saying he can't hit from 50+ as he has not had many opportunities
2. He hasn't had those opportunities because the coaches know he cannot hit from that distance

I'm still not seeing the problem.


How is that not a problem? The Eagles have clearly been in more situations than 3 when we could've attempted a 50+ yarder but either punted or went for it instead because they do not trust him. I've been saying this since his rookie year that I didn't think he could kick well from distance. For someone that was said to have one of the best legs in college football, the guy can't even kick a TB in the NFL, in fact, his leg seems downright pathetic on kickoffs.

Yeah, his % look good from shorter distance, but it seems like if you put any pressure on him with those kicks it's a guaranteed miss. I look with envy at all these other kickers in the NFL with huge legs and accuracy that have been drafted later, Walsh, Zuerlein, etc. Kicker is definitely something we need to reevaluate in the off-season.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 42937
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just ride it out.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 24315
Location: Eagles Forum HOF
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't have the leg from fifty?

Didn't he clang a 56 yarder two thirds up the left upright last year?

Didn't he have a run if 24 straight field goals last year?

Dear me, there are a lot bigger problems on this team than kicker.
_________________
IrishGreen wrote:
i love the eagles fans on here
i wish we could merge with them and make a mega fanbase

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 8902
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line with Henery:
If we are down 1-3 points with 2 seconds left, and need a 53+ yard fg to tie or win the game(regardless of outside or dome stadium)- We most likely are losing that game. We're stuck with him for now, but I think he can be upgraded next year via UDFA.
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22531
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with Henery is that we were told non stop about how strong his leg was coming out. Yet he continually has issues kicking touchbacks even though the ball has been moved up for kickoffs. If his leg was truely strong that would not be a issue and he without a doubt would have been asked to attempt more then three 50 yd FG's.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48374
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been pretty good on kickoffs, I feel. Our players have had more chances returning the ball than any of our opponents have.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22531
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
He's been pretty good on kickoffs, I feel. Our players have had more chances returning the ball than any of our opponents have.


In the preseason he was. Regular season not so much. Demps started the game with a 50 yarder and had an additional 35 yard return when Henery had the personel foul penalty as well.

Just look at tonights kickers. Neither Kicker allowed a single return. Prater is 16-21 from 50+. We know what Sea Bass is all about. IF Henery has the leg we have been told he has there no excuse for not attempting more 50 yd FG and having less KR in a game. He sure as hell better not let Holiday touch the ball next week that's for sure. I just hope he steps up?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Poloc2289


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 3929
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:


That's not true.

He's 18/21 in his career from 30-39 yards for an average average of 85.7%

He's 17/20 in his career from 40-49 yards for a respectable 85.0%

If anything he needs to work on his focus from 30-39 yards.

His 1/3 from 50 yards can mean one of two things:
1. You guys are unjustified in saying he can't hit from 50+ as he has not had many opportunities
2. He hasn't had those opportunities because the coaches know he cannot hit from that distance

I'm still not seeing the problem.


How is that not a problem? The Eagles have clearly been in more situations than 3 when we could've attempted a 50+ yarder but either punted or went for it instead because they do not trust him. I've been saying this since his rookie year that I didn't think he could kick well from distance. For someone that was said to have one of the best legs in college football, the guy can't even kick a TB in the NFL, in fact, his leg seems downright pathetic on kickoffs.

Yeah, his % look good from shorter distance, but it seems like if you put any pressure on him with those kicks it's a guaranteed miss. I look with envy at all these other kickers in the NFL with huge legs and accuracy that have been drafted later, Walsh, Zuerlein, etc. Kicker is definitely something we need to reevaluate in the off-season.


Because I'm not pretending to know what the coaches are thinking.

There has never been discussion about Henery's lack of leg strength and I seem to recall several instances of very powerful kicks.

I will admit, the trajectory of the ball coming off his foot last game looked weird.

It'll take a lot more than that and speculation to have me worry over more pressing needs such as safety and the tackling of linebackers.
_________________


PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get this straight though Henery apologists - just because some of us are nervous when he kicks and are a little let down with some of his recent efforts, doesn't mean we're putting K at the top of the team needs list.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eaglesfan10


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10010
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Let's get this straight though Henery apologists - just because some of us are nervous when he kicks and are a little let down with some of his recent efforts, doesn't mean we're putting K at the top of the team needs list.


This. It's not our team's biggest concern but we could definitely upgrade the kicker position.
_________________
Phire wrote:
Cooper will fight every Raider there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48374
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With kickers you really can't say "well he was good last year!". Remember how fast Mike Vanderjagt fell off the face of the planet? The fact of the matter is that some placekickers never recover from a slump, people being nervous over some of his misses this year is warranted and pretty normal IMO.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another shank today. Not acceptable. His confidence must be diminishing.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eaglesfan10


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10010
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What confidence.
_________________
Phire wrote:
Cooper will fight every Raider there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group