Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Henery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Henery supporter, but he scares me a bit. I do think if we cut him it could easily turn into a "You don't know what you lost until it's gone"

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
He can't kick a 50 yard field goal. If you're drafted in the 4th as a kicker you are expected to do that.
I'm now getting nervous from 45 and up. He's money from 35-39 yards and in, but 40+ is almost a stretch. Not sure if it's a confidence issue or inconsistent mechanics, but he's not playing well at all times like we'd expect from someone who started their career so well (minus that SF game we lost).

That's not true.

He's 18/21 in his career from 30-39 yards for an average average of 85.7%

He's 17/20 in his career from 40-49 yards for a respectable 85.0%

If anything he needs to work on his focus from 30-39 yards.

His 1/3 from 50 yards can mean one of two things:
1. You guys are unjustified in saying he can't hit from 50+ as he has not had many opportunities
2. He hasn't had those opportunities because the coaches know he cannot hit from that distance

I'm still not seeing the problem.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
He can't kick a 50 yard field goal. If you're drafted in the 4th as a kicker you are expected to do that.
I'm now getting nervous from 45 and up. He's money from 35-39 yards and in, but 40+ is almost a stretch. Not sure if it's a confidence issue or inconsistent mechanics, but he's not playing well at all times like we'd expect from someone who started their career so well (minus that SF game we lost).

That's not true.

1. You guys are unjustified in saying he can't hit from 50+ as he has not had many opportunities
2. He hasn't had those opportunities because the coaches know he cannot hit from that distance

How is that not a problem? The Eagles have clearly been in more situations than 3 when we could've attempted a 50+ yarder but either punted or went for it instead because they do not trust him. I've been saying this since his rookie year that I didn't think he could kick well from distance. For someone that was said to have one of the best legs in college football, the guy can't even kick a TB in the NFL, in fact, his leg seems downright pathetic on kickoffs.

Yeah, his % look good from shorter distance, but it seems like if you put any pressure on him with those kicks it's a guaranteed miss. I look with envy at all these other kickers in the NFL with huge legs and accuracy that have been drafted later, Walsh, Zuerlein, etc. Kicker is definitely something we need to reevaluate in the off-season.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just ride it out.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Blahman88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't have the leg from fifty?

Didn't he clang a 56 yarder two thirds up the left upright last year?

Didn't he have a run if 24 straight field goals last year?

Dear me, there are a lot bigger problems on this team than kicker.

Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line with Henery:
If we are down 1-3 points with 2 seconds left, and need a 53+ yard fg to tie or win the game(regardless of outside or dome stadium)- We most likely are losing that game. We're stuck with him for now, but I think he can be upgraded next year via UDFA.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with Henery is that we were told non stop about how strong his leg was coming out. Yet he continually has issues kicking touchbacks even though the ball has been moved up for kickoffs. If his leg was truely strong that would not be a issue and he without a doubt would have been asked to attempt more then three 50 yd FG's.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been pretty good on kickoffs, I feel. Our players have had more chances returning the ball than any of our opponents have.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
He's been pretty good on kickoffs, I feel. Our players have had more chances returning the ball than any of our opponents have.

In the preseason he was. Regular season not so much. Demps started the game with a 50 yarder and had an additional 35 yard return when Henery had the personel foul penalty as well.

Just look at tonights kickers. Neither Kicker allowed a single return. Prater is 16-21 from 50+. We know what Sea Bass is all about. IF Henery has the leg we have been told he has there no excuse for not attempting more 50 yd FG and having less KR in a game. He sure as hell better not let Holiday touch the ball next week that's for sure. I just hope he steps up?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:

That's not true.

How is that not a problem? The Eagles have clearly been in more situations than 3 when we could've attempted a 50+ yarder but either punted or went for it instead because they do not trust him. I've been saying this since his rookie year that I didn't think he could kick well from distance. For someone that was said to have one of the best legs in college football, the guy can't even kick a TB in the NFL, in fact, his leg seems downright pathetic on kickoffs.

Yeah, his % look good from shorter distance, but it seems like if you put any pressure on him with those kicks it's a guaranteed miss. I look with envy at all these other kickers in the NFL with huge legs and accuracy that have been drafted later, Walsh, Zuerlein, etc. Kicker is definitely something we need to reevaluate in the off-season.

Because I'm not pretending to know what the coaches are thinking.

There has never been discussion about Henery's lack of leg strength and I seem to recall several instances of very powerful kicks.

I will admit, the trajectory of the ball coming off his foot last game looked weird.

It'll take a lot more than that and speculation to have me worry over more pressing needs such as safety and the tackling of linebackers.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get this straight though Henery apologists - just because some of us are nervous when he kicks and are a little let down with some of his recent efforts, doesn't mean we're putting K at the top of the team needs list.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Let's get this straight though Henery apologists - just because some of us are nervous when he kicks and are a little let down with some of his recent efforts, doesn't mean we're putting K at the top of the team needs list.

This. It's not our team's biggest concern but we could definitely upgrade the kicker position.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With kickers you really can't say "well he was good last year!". Remember how fast Mike Vanderjagt fell off the face of the planet? The fact of the matter is that some placekickers never recover from a slump, people being nervous over some of his misses this year is warranted and pretty normal IMO.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another shank today. Not acceptable. His confidence must be diminishing.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What confidence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: