Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Henery
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Alex Henery Reply with quote

wth happened to him? He was claimed to be an accurate kicker and he's missing all these field goals an "accurate" kicker would make.

Anyone else think this guy needs to be challenged, replaced, or whatever?

Last edited by Vindicatedxx on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh he like lead the nfl in average through his first 50 or so kicks.

I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt. Just his high average coming back to something more sustainable.

Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to be gone. I am over it, and I don't see the point in keeping him around. He is a bust, there has to be someone better on the streets.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have had someone compete with him during TC. Just to keep him focused.

His kickoffs have been good. He's got an NFL leg. I don't think he all of a sudden forgot how to kick field goals.

The problem is he's a wimp. He was shaken up from having to make a tackle the last two weeks and it looked like it messed up his psyche.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Jeezla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't good when you need him to be and his accuracy is padded by the fact he never attempts 50+ yard fg's. Waste of a 4th round pick. I think KJ Wright went around the spot we drafted him. Thanks Andy.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
He isn't good when you need him to be and his accuracy is padded by the fact he never attempts 50+ yard fg's. Waste of a 4th round pick. I think KJ Wright went around the spot we drafted him. Thanks Andy.

Yup tired of the excuses for Henery. At this point in his career he should be rock solid, he is a problem IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:

Couldn't have said it any better myself. The Chad Pennington of kickers.

I don't know why but every time we kick a field goal, I'm nervous and feel like he is going to miss every single one. When we had Akers, I wouldn't even flinch.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
RollEagles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not pretend that Akers' missed field goals in the playoff game against Green Bay were the difference.

It was time for Akers to go.

As for Alex, I'm willing to give him some time. Definitely could have used some competition in camp like Phire posted.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Let's not pretend that Akers' missed field goals in the playoff game against Green Bay were the difference.

It was time for Akers to go.

As for Alex, I'm willing to give him some time. Definitely could have used some competition in camp like Phire posted.

It was definitely time for him to go. He let us down big time. Just saying that I don't have/feel the same confidence when Henery is kicking the ball vs when Akers was (even up to the end).

stevec0008

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should bring in Kickalicious or whoever else is on the streets and straight up have a 'Kick-Off'. Left, right and middle from 40, 50 and 55.

But, with that said, Him being able to constantly kick it out of the end-zone is a pretty big plus for us.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy has missed some really easy kicks already... and he looked bad all TC and preseason. I am not patient with kickers that we used a 4th round pick on. This is his third season with the team, and he has yet to show that he is an above average kicker in the NFL. At some point, we have to move in another direction, right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
The guy has missed some really easy kicks already... and he looked bad all TC and preseason. I am not patient with kickers that we used a 4th round pick on. This is his third season with the team, and he has yet to show that he is an above average kicker in the NFL. At some point, we have to move in another direction, right?

I have to disagree at this point in the season. We have no solid second option. So roll with that young potential and hope he puts it together, or sign some unknown that looks better on the practice field(which all kickers do).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

I have to disagree at this point in the season. We have no solid second option. So roll with that young potential and hope he puts it together, or sign some unknown that looks better on the practice field(which all kickers do).

Unless he completely collapses, which is unlikely, we have to stick with him for the entire year. Bring in a UDFA and a vet next year and may the best kicker win.

eagles18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him for a first and a doughnut

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing how he rebounds from this will mean a lot for his career going forward.

There are a lot of people who can a kick a FG on the streets....but to do it consistently and to bounce back after a slump (quickly) is what separates professional kickers from camp bodies.

It wouldn't surprise me if he tried to build up his leg muscle for kickoffs, like others have said... he's much better there, and it's affected his FG kicking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: