Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith arrested by SJ Police - Sentenced to jail time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Kawakami interview Popovich.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Tim from te chronicle asking some tough questions about Aldon and his situation to Jim. And refusing his politically correct answers.
Jim gets a little flustered Laughing

Must watch
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-weve-got-some-things-weve-got-resolve

I understand why he'd question Harbaugh about his "above reproach" line, but he really goes at him in the most obnoxious way possible. Did he really think poking at Harbaugh would get Harbaugh to give him the answer he was hoping for? It was pretty unprofessional by Kawakami.

Kawakami has always been a bit of a jerk. If he was trying to embarrass Jim, he only ened up embarrassing himself.

I guess I should have added that Jim is a bit of a jerk himself. So bad combination.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I'd like to see Kawakami interview Popovich.

Pop would eat him alive. Pop already had a Ph.D in sarcasm, dry humor, and condescension when Jim was in diapers. He is only 15 years older but a talent like Pop is developed at a young age.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Kawakami is he can dish it out, but he can't take it. Around the time last year when the Revis to Niners rumors were spreading, he went on a big Twitter rant about corners not making a difference in Super Bowl runs (whoops!), and when people tried to dispute this (including myself), he blocked us. He doesn't want to write anything of merit, he simply wants to be the loudest voice in the room and for no one to question it.
struby3

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
The problem with Kawakami is he can dish it out, but he can't take it. Around the time last year when the Revis to Niners rumors were spreading, he went on a big Twitter rant about corners not making a difference in Super Bowl runs (whoops!), and when people tried to dispute this (including myself), he blocked us. He doesn't want to write anything of merit, he simply wants to be the loudest voice in the room and for no one to question it.

+1. Kawakami is a huge tool. Kawakami and the Cohns make up the three stooges of the 49ers beat writers. None of them have any talent.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:

+1. Kawakami is a huge tool. Kawakami and the Cohns make up the three stooges of the 49ers beat writers. None of them have any talent.

The Cohn's are on a whole different level of ineptitude than Kawakami.

I remember Grant Cohn whining for months about the AJ Jenkins pick, then gloating about how right he was. After that he had us take Paul Richardson in his mock draft, the one guy who got some comparisons to Jenkins.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
struby3 wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:

The Cohn's are on a whole different level of ineptitude than Kawakami.

I remember Grant Cohn whining for months about the AJ Jenkins pick, then gloating about how right he was. After that he had us take Paul Richardson in his mock draft, the one guy who got some comparisons to Jenkins.

I stopped following the Cohns and Kawakami years ago. I refuse to read anything those 3 write. In fact, the only ones I regularly follow are the two Matts. I will read Eric Branch on occasion, but that's about it for the local 9ers coverage.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you guys think will happen with Aldon? I'd say 3-6 games suspended by Goddell. I hope he considers last year's time missed when he throws down the hammer.

In the end though, I hope Aldon realizes that he is making huge mistakes in what could end up as a HOF career. He is a once in a generation talent that hopefully doesn't get wasted. I hope he is humbled by all of this and straightens up. I have the feeling that Smith's head got really big from the quick rise to fame and he thinks he is above everyone.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/25/aldon-smith-highly-unlikely-to-be-playing-at-start-of-2014-season/

So no surprise he isn't expected any jail time if he stays out of trouble for another month, but I think it is good news the suspension won't be longer than four games. Now, Florio didn't say exactly how many games, but said at least one game. Well, if he was expected a long suspension, he would probably have said at least four or so games. I think he gets two games, but that will test out secondary from day one since the first two weeks we are playing some damn good WRs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/25/aldon-smith-highly-unlikely-to-be-playing-at-start-of-2014-season/

So no surprise he isn't expected any jail time if he stays out of trouble for another month, but I think it is good news the suspension won't be longer than four games. Now, Florio didn't say exactly how many games, but said at least one game. Well, if he was expected a long suspension, he would probably have said at least four or so games. I think he gets two games, but that will test out secondary from day one since the first two weeks we are playing some damn good WRs.

That's good news but it also makes me worry that Aldon will never learn his lesson getting off so easily.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he hasn't learned his lesson yet, then unfortunately he may NEVER learn his lesson. Smith could potentially end up being one of the biggest "what if" stories if he gets in trouble again. Just have to hope he gets his act together because it is now or never with him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#49ers Breaking LA City Attorney office will not file charges against Aldon Smith in fake bomb threat case.

From Bill Williamson

Good, so basically we are back at square one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 1m
Hey @JohnMiddlekauff: I asked Bill Polian on-air right now & he expects 3-game Aldon Smith suspension at most. @SiriusXMMNFL @49ers

Two max PLEASE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 1m
Hey @JohnMiddlekauff: I asked Bill Polian on-air right now & he expects 3-game Aldon Smith suspension at most. @SiriusXMMNFL @49ers

Two max PLEASE!!!!

The fewer the better obviously. I want him full go against the Broncos as I live in the area and might attend the game. Obviously we are short Bow and 2 of our top 3 CBs from last year, but I really want to see how this defense holds up against Peyton. I think, especially with Aldon, we could seriously disrupt Manning and get a ton of sacks.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless he gets in trouble again or gets hurt, he will definitely play in the Denver game.

It will hurt not having him against two high powered offenses like the Bears and Cowboys though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: