Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith arrested by SJ Police - Sentenced to jail time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Honestly, I was talking about his comments in another thread, but I fail to see how he gets suspended for an entire season for a DUI charge.

Yep, I think you nailed it ten pages ago. Two games if they don't tie it to other bad behavior. Maybe as much as 4 if they think there's a pattern. But a guy going into rehab is kind of novel (is this a first?) so he might well just fine him - sort of like giving a guy credit for time already served. The whole point to penalties for the "personal conduct" clause violation is to get them to realize it's serious and to change their behavior. He's already admitted he had a problem and is showing he wants to change. Goodell ought to take a more lenient position in a case like that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Guys guys guys, lets for a minute COMPLETELY forget about the gun charges. I think this is why it is getting confusing as Steadypimpin made claims of Aldon being gone for a season BEFORE the gun charges. So does a get a full season for a DUI charge, yes or no?

Nope. Goodell has the right point of view in trying to curb behavior, not enforce discipline. Smith will be rewarded with minimal suspension for being proactive in solving his issues.

But I think he will get prison time for the gun charges when he is convicted... and I don't think he will get a suspension on top of that if it is substantial because it was more a case of being young and stupid than violent and malicious. California gun laws, though probably beneficial, are very difficult for gun owners and enthusiasts as all those guns were legal in AZ. I cant defend him firing his handgun though - dum dum
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be huge if we got Aldon back after the bye.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Our pass rush has not been very good since he went to rehab. I fear good QBs will pick us apart if we give them the kind of time we gave Henne today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Our pass rush has not been very good since he went to rehab. I fear good QBs will pick us apart if we give them the kind of time we gave Henne today.

Yes, even thought we won big the pass rush scares me or maybe the game plan was just keep things easy.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Yes, even thought we won big the pass rush scares me or maybe the game plan was just keep things easy.

Yea I think they didn't want to risk new injuries going into the bye. Also we had a pretty big lead early so the foot wasn't on the gas for most of the game.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Psychlone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

The #49ers have activated LB Aldon Smith off the non-football injury list.

Timing is strange activating him prior to a bye week. Maybe their thinking activate him now and get the ball rolling quick., Serve whatever suspension if any and make sure he's back for the post season push?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Quote:
Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

Timing is strange activating him prior to a bye week. Maybe their thinking activate him now and get the ball rolling quick., Serve whatever suspension if any and make sure he's back for the post season push?

I highly doubt he's suspended this year. I think we'll have him back the rest of the year now assuming he doesn't relapse.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Quote:
Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

I highly doubt he's suspended this year. I think we'll have him back the rest of the year now assuming he doesn't relapse.

I hope if he has to do any jail time, he will be able to serve it during the offseason. We could really luck out, with all that,s happened. We won all the games we played without him, we get him back for the playoff push, and if he gets suspended, he misses a few early games next year... that would be really great for us.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
AMG1713

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Quote:
Eric Branch @Eric_Branch

I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I saw earlier Maiocco say that he wouldn't get the same 21 day window to be activated once he started to practice like the other guys do. Maybe he needed to be activated to participate in the "opportunity practices" this week.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good is Aldon that he has missed five games but is still ranked 22nd in sacks? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 5m
NFL: The 49ers had to activate Aldon Smith upon his release from treatment as part of the NFI rule that allows him to return this season.

new sig... sorry alex
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he plays the rest of the games he could still put up 15+ sacks on the season. That's crazy to me because that's a career year for most players and Aldon could conceivably do it in 11 games.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
If he plays the rest of the games he could still put up 15+ sacks on the season. That's crazy to me because that's a career year for most players and Aldon could conceivably do it in 11 games.

No doubt, 10.5 sacks in 11 games is definitely attainable for Aldon. Lets see if he actually plays against the Panthers, and how much he plays.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:

No doubt, 10.5 sacks in 11 games is definitely attainable for Aldon. Lets see if he actually plays against the Panthers, and how much he plays.

He'll play. All that's being said is he had to "earn" his spot back. I don't think it's going to be that difficult for him to overtake Dan Skuta.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 14 of 29

Jump to: