Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers LB Aldon Smith arrested [Update: Return to the 53]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 23592
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steadypimpin, that was a very ignorant post that you made. How can you say he has no problem when you don't see him on a everyday basis? Not only that, but this was his 2nd DUI and he almost killed himself. The team sending Smith to rehab has no bearing on the decision Goodell makes. Hypothetically, let's say it does and he cuts the suspension from four games to two. How does that benefit SF? He will likely miss four to five games while being in rehab, and add in the suspension it equals six to seven games. Had he not gone to rehab and Goodell didn't shorten the suspension, he'd still miss less games that way.

By the way, this four game projection was before the latest news we got.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 3941
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep my opinion on guns, specifically assault rifles out of this since it's a slippery slope. I hope Aldon can get his act together however, he very clearly has a substance abuse problem and needs to find better people to hang out with. This should be more then enough to show him that it's time to grow up, since he won't get another chance if he even comes back from this mess.
_________________


^Kempes on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 41671
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Stance Punk wrote:
DUI is one thing. Shooting a firearm in the air is inexcusable.


logic fail


Laughing

Yea, that made me scratch my head.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nucky


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 446
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

So just to be clear this happened way before his DUI ? He didn't actually do this after announcing he is commiting himself to help ?
_________________
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ring Worm Sherm


Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 970
Location: PNW
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will just get blown over with a slap on the wrist because our system is whack. He should go to prison for about 5 years in the real world
_________________


“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8175
Location: MD
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
So just to be clear this happened way before his DUI ? He didn't actually do this after announcing he is commiting himself to help ?


Yes, I believe that is the case.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8175
Location: MD
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
It will just get blown over with a slap on the wrist because our system is whack. He should go to prison for about 5 years in the real world


I think I get what you're saying, however what would happen due to our "whack" system is what happens in the "real world." What you think should happen is not necessarily the "real world."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 23592
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Nucky wrote:
So just to be clear this happened way before his DUI ? He didn't actually do this after announcing he is commiting himself to help ?


Yes, I believe that is the case.


Yep, this happened around June of last year I believe.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 32108
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, this kid should probably be suspended for 6-8 games or maybe the entire year. These are very serious charges. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And with these stupid mistakes/choices/decisions; you lose that privilege until further notice.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 23592
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
IMO, this kid should probably be suspended for 6-8 games or maybe the entire year. These are very serious charges. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And with these stupid mistakes/choices/decisions; you lose that privilege until further notice.


Yeah, he may actually not play for the rest of this season and Goodell could suspend him for most of the 2014 season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13317
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
IMO, this kid should probably be suspended for 6-8 games or maybe the entire year. These are very serious charges. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And with these stupid mistakes/choices/decisions; you lose that privilege until further notice.


Yeah, he may actually not play for the rest of this season and Goodell could suspend him for most of the 2014 season.
Such a shame. Same for Von Miller but on a slightly lesser scale. People would literally kill for the natural talents these guys have and they are just wasting it. Sad.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Broncos_OTM


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 852
Location: Westminster Colorado
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
It will just get blown over with a slap on the wrist because our system is whack. He should go to prison for about 5 years in the real world
with all due respect. With the issue of A. Hernendez does this change the out look on aldon smith. Does the league takea chance on another black eye
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broncos_OTM


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 852
Location: Westminster Colorado
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
IMO, this kid should probably be suspended for 6-8 games or maybe the entire year. These are very serious charges. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And with these stupid mistakes/choices/decisions; you lose that privilege until further notice.


Yeah, he may actually not play for the rest of this season and Goodell could suspend him for most of the 2014 season.
Such a shame. Same for Von Miller but on a slightly lesser scale. People would literally kill for the natural talents these guys have and they are just wasting it. Sad.
smoking pot and doing x only hurt ones self. Drinking and driving, the charges levied against smith are hurting the public at large. Ive been hard on von miller dont believe me check the threads on him. But imho there is a big difference. the league really needs to adress the penalties of players and gun charges. Rae curreth and alex hernendez should be two to many.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clarkfn2284


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3091
Location: Modesto,CA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos_OTM wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
IMO, this kid should probably be suspended for 6-8 games or maybe the entire year. These are very serious charges. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And with these stupid mistakes/choices/decisions; you lose that privilege until further notice.


Yeah, he may actually not play for the rest of this season and Goodell could suspend him for most of the 2014 season.
Such a shame. Same for Von Miller but on a slightly lesser scale. People would literally kill for the natural talents these guys have and they are just wasting it. Sad.
smoking pot and doing x only hurt ones self. Drinking and driving, the charges levied against smith are hurting the public at large. Ive been hard on von miller dont believe me check the threads on him. But imho there is a big difference. the league really needs to adress the penalties of players and gun charges. Rae curreth and alex hernendez should be two to many.


using your logic if pot and x only hurt ones self then the same is to be said for drinking and driving. Until you hit someone. X and weed do the same thing. They alter your physical and mental state. They are not harmful to anyone until you hurt someone.

Does drinking and driving and firing a gun into the air put the public at risk? Absolutely, but so does some guy smoking weed and taking X. Its failed logic. Nothing we do in life is harmful to the public unless its in public. Not much difference to me between the two. They are both idiots. They both broke the law and they both deserve what they get.

Oh and its Aaron Hernandez
_________________
NextBigThing wrote:
rice wasn't close to do as good as his stats would lead one to assume


okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broncos_OTM


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 852
Location: Westminster Colorado
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
Broncos_OTM wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
IMO, this kid should probably be suspended for 6-8 games or maybe the entire year. These are very serious charges. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. And with these stupid mistakes/choices/decisions; you lose that privilege until further notice.


Yeah, he may actually not play for the rest of this season and Goodell could suspend him for most of the 2014 season.
Such a shame. Same for Von Miller but on a slightly lesser scale. People would literally kill for the natural talents these guys have and they are just wasting it. Sad.
smoking pot and doing x only hurt ones self. Drinking and driving, the charges levied against smith are hurting the public at large. Ive been hard on von miller dont believe me check the threads on him. But imho there is a big difference. the league really needs to adress the penalties of players and gun charges. Rae curreth and alex hernendez should be two to many.


using your logic if pot and x only hurt ones self then the same is to be said for drinking and driving. Until you hit someone. X and weed do the same thing. They alter your physical and mental state. They are not harmful to anyone until you hurt someone.

Does drinking and driving and firing a gun into the air put the public at risk? Absolutely, but so does some guy smoking weed and taking X. Its failed logic. Nothing we do in life is harmful to the public unless its in public. Not much difference to me between the two. They are both idiots. They both broke the law and they both deserve what they get.

Oh and its Aaron Hernandez
I should have said put at risk. My opinion still remains the same though. I do believe in second chances and the ability to grow. Well see how Von Miller fairs with his second chance. Out of curiositiy, how does smoking weed and taking X hurt/risk the public at large? we don't know if he did it in public and while X is a illegal substance, weed is not. However it is against the NFL banned substances. I don't know if I am breaking the COC here with this part of the discussion so feel free to email me and we can discuss it. I am not here to troll. Just how I see it.

Thanks for the spelling correction. That point still remains the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group