Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3- Packers @ Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too lazy to find a GIF with Sheldon Cooper/Johnny Gilecki saying

"Oh, that was sarcasm?"

I'm sticking with Dalton, but if we were to pursue the other Manning, all I can say is he knows hw to win a few big games when all the pieces are around him, especially a dominant dline.

dalton had a BAD first half against Pitt. That's it. His INT the other day wasn't great, but the CB made a nice read and Green spun around the wrong way, giving him the chance at it. The fumble was crap, but he had no hand in losing the other two.

I think what most people are saying, Carson, is that we don't have enough this year to judge Dalton accurately yet. I think he has looked much, much better than last year, but still has room to grow. I am against the whole "throw in the towel " on him though. At the end of the year, I wouldn't back up the Brinks truck for him though. I'm thinking maybe $5-6 mill per season. Pay AJ if you want to (he has next season, the option year and ther chance for the franchise tag if the numbers don't work yet) and try to bring back MJ93. I clearly don't think Dalton should be anywhere near an 8 digit salary.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Too lazy to find a GIF with Sheldon Cooper/Johnny Gilecki saying

"Oh, that was sarcasm?"

I'm sticking with Dalton, but if we were to pursue the other Manning, all I can say is he knows hw to win a few big games when all the pieces are around him, especially a dominant dline.

dalton had a BAD first half against Pitt. That's it. His INT the other day wasn't great, but the CB made a nice read and Green spun around the wrong way, giving him the chance at it. The fumble was crap, but he had no hand in losing the other two.

I think what most people are saying, Carson, is that we don't have enough this year to judge Dalton accurately yet. I think he has looked much, much better than last year, but still has room to grow. I am against the whole "throw in the towel " on him though. At the end of the year, I wouldn't back up the Brinks truck for him though. I'm thinking maybe $5-6 mill per season. Pay AJ if you want to (he has next season, the option year and ther chance for the franchise tag if the numbers don't work yet) and try to bring back MJ93. I clearly don't think Dalton should be anywhere near an 8 digit salary.

I agree with that last paragraph 100%. If Dalton improves on his season from last year (specifically not fading down the stretch), then i think they should pay him. Don't go crazy, but anywhere in the $6-8/year range would be a pretty good deal IMO.

All of that changes of course if he fades again and doesn't show up in the postseason. I have a feeling this year will be different though. Just my hunch.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its a bit late, but this could end up being the biggest win so far in the Dalton era. The turnovers and penalties are still an issue, but despite those mistakes the team dominated for the most part.

I don't think I remember being this excited about the potential on this team in such a long time.

And this Gio Bernard kid is sooooooo fun to watch
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I know its a bit late, but this could end up being the biggest win so far in the Dalton era. The turnovers and penalties are still an issue, but despite those mistakes the team dominated for the most part.

I don't think I remember being this excited about the potential on this team in such a long time.

And this Gio Bernard kid is sooooooo fun to watch

Agree Mr.C.

I think sometimes we forget what a young offensive team this is, aside from Big Whit and Cook, they are all largely recent draft picks.

It takes time to grow and mature, and I hope we haven't seen the best from the O by a long way. Some folks want Dalton gone and they may be proven right at some point about him, but the relative success this team has had has been built around the twin principles of good solid drafting and retaining those guys into their second and third contracts.

I still see a lot of upside in Daltons potential play, and although it might upset some, I reckon Dalton will be in Bengal stripes for a lot of years yet.

Dalton has won 21 of his first 35, Rogers only managed 19 in his first 35. Dalton might not look pretty sometimes, but the dude just wins games. Hope it continues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: