Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3- Packers @ Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Couldn't pay attention as much as I would like today. How did Geno look today?

He was pretty invisible. He might have gotten some push, but all the clean pressure was caused by MJ and Dunlap, for the most part.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say this: the only thing that Dalton did today that bugged me was pulling the ball down and trying to run with it. He did it about a half dozen times and only one them ended up positive (maybe a 4 yard gain?). A few times he took sacks on 4th down. One of those caused the long field goal miss.

So i'm not saying that he couldn't have done some things better, and that wasn't the best game he's ever played. But to draw any long term conclusions about him because of this game or any game he's played this year is a little premature. I too want to see him win some big games. But so far he's two for two this year. Don't know what else anyone wants out of him.

futbudds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't get over that Mays was our nickel corner on that last drive and we stopped Rodgers.
futbudds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

He was pretty invisible. He might have gotten some push, but all the clean pressure was caused by MJ and Dunlap, for the most part.

Pretty much what I saw also, the rest of the line is one v one because geno gets so much attention. He overran some plays today trying to get around two guys.

Hall's int was probably the most athletic play I've seen since AJ's rook year.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Pretty much what I saw also, the rest of the line is one v one because geno gets so much attention. He overran some plays today trying to get around two guys.

Hall's int was probably the most athletic play I've seen since AJ's rook year.

Was he getting doubled all day or is he truly struggling this year

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This scene kind of epitomizes what Carlos Dunlap did to Aaron Rodgers today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_DASt7hDs

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

Double teamed. Opened a lot for the rest of the line to make plays

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Double teamed. Opened a lot for the rest of the line to make plays

No doubt the DEs dominated. Peko got a sack. Just didn't see much about Geno

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been an odd season so far for Geno. Still if our DEs keep dominating it'll open things up for Geno sooner or later. He got some 1 on 1 opportunities in the 2nd half but after facing 600+ lbs of OLinemen all day I'm guessing he didn't have much left in the tank...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
ok lol, well then, he can't read, and i can't interpret. lol

hopefully we have no injuries. to either team.

I can't read too well, but I'm sure the scoreboard said 34-30 at the end, so whatever.

Rogers' new State Farm commercial tag line: Discount Double Picks
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
A playoff game? You're going to be quite wrong on that one.

And Andy played fine today. Any momentum he had after that first drive was killed by the four turnovers in a row. Just like last week, his second half was really good.

Lay off Andy. He didn't play a perfect ball game, but no QB ever plays perfect every week. He's still a 3rd year QB that has outplayed everyone's expectations every single year. Why is there always this talk about how he can't get any better? Especially considering he gets better every year.

These guys that can't get off Dalton's back have a man-crush for a 6'5'' 240 lb guy with a monster arm to fawn over. We just had one, his name was Carson Palmer, and look where that got us.

Dalton has exceeded expectations since he arrived, but there is much to improve. We'll see how this season develops.

I agree, we do need to draft a QB next year. Josh Johnson couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

.........if he was capable of winning a big game...........

What ????

Where have you been the last 30 years ? We haven't had a QB capable of winning a big game since Boomer went to the Jets.

I would say that beating a white-hot team like the Packers and overhauling a 16 point defecit is 'winning a big game'. Dalton is rarely gonna light it up like a Manning or Brady, but he may just do enough with this team to win a few more 'big games'.

If the Bengals crumble and burn this season, then they may look to take a QB high next year, but my bet is that Dalton continues to improve, and gets the big contract offer next off-season.

Sorry to keep arguing with you 'carson4MVP', but on Dalton, I just think you're plain wrong. We'll have to agree to disagree, and see how the season plays out.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
A playoff game? You're going to be quite wrong on that one.

And Andy played fine today. Any momentum he had after that first drive was killed by the four turnovers in a row. Just like last week, his second half was really good.

Lay off Andy. He didn't play a perfect ball game, but no QB ever plays perfect every week. He's still a 3rd year QB that has outplayed everyone's expectations every single year. Why is there always this talk about how he can't get any better? Especially considering he gets better every year.

These guys that can't get off Dalton's back have a man-crush for a 6'5'' 240 lb guy with a monster arm to fawn over. We just had one, his name was Carson Palmer, and look where that got us.

Dalton has exceeded expectations since he arrived, but there is much to improve. We'll see how this season develops.

I agree, we do need to draft a QB next year. Josh Johnson couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

.........if he was capable of winning a big game...........

What ????

Where have you been the last 30 years ? We haven't had a QB capable of winning a big game since Boomer went to the Jets.

I would say that beating a white-hot team like the Packers and overhauling a 16 point defecit is 'winning a big game'. Dalton is rarely gonna light it up like a Manning or Brady, but he may just do enough with this team to win a few more 'big games'.

If the Bengals crumble and burn this season, then they may look to take a QB high next year, but my bet is that Dalton continues to improve, and gets the big contract offer next off-season.

Sorry to keep arguing with you 'carson4MVP', but on Dalton, I just think you're plain wrong. We'll have to agree to disagree, and see how the season plays out.

By "white hot" do you mean a team that has won 1 game this year and averages giving up 30 points a game with a pretty easy schedule this year?

You cannot have a QB play like a turd for 3 quarters and expect to beat Denver, Houston, Baltimore... Hell even teams like KC and NE will eat him up in the playoffs. He is good enough to get us to 9-7, 10-6 and possibly 11-5 on an easy schedule year, but then it will be an early exit in the WC round every year.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on him.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewatched the game last light. Geno did pretty well in the first half and so-so in the 2nd. Teams are definitely paying him a lot more attention. He beat his man multiple times only to have another OLinemen waiting for him. Just going to be that kind of season...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Rewatched the game last light. Geno did pretty well in the first half and so-so in the 2nd. Teams are definitely paying him a lot more attention. He beat his man multiple times only to have another OLinemen waiting for him. Just going to be that kind of season...

I might be wrong, but it also seemed like Zimmer was willing to give up Geno going all out after Rogers to trying to keep him contained in the pocket. Rogers was money all day when scrambling, not so much in the pocket. But again, I might be wrong on that. It also seemed the d-ends did the same on the last drive. Arms up, contain the pocket.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
By "white hot" do you mean a team that has won 1 game this year and averages giving up 30 points a game with a pretty easy schedule this year?

You cannot have a QB play like a turd for 3 quarters and expect to beat Denver, Houston, Baltimore... Hell even teams like KC and NE will eat him up in the playoffs. He is good enough to get us to 9-7, 10-6 and possibly 11-5 on an easy schedule year, but then it will be an early exit in the WC round every year.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on him.

The funny this is, i actually agree with your premise. I haven't seen Dalton put the team on his shoulders and win a big game. And that bothers me. I still want to see that, and until i do i won't fully believe. But i'm not ready to give up on him either because he's shown the ability to play really well.

The thing that made me argue with you is that you picked this game to go off on the subject. Dalton's third and fourth quarter were really good. The first and second were full of turnovers (not all his fault, but won't make excuses for the two he had other than to say that other QB's do that too) and one scoring drive. So to say he played like a turd for 3 quarters is a little harsh. It's a lot harsh actually. So i guess i just don't understand the timing of the comment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: