Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T-Rich trade implications
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: T-Rich trade implications Reply with quote

So, Browns high-priced RB Trent Richardson gets shockingly traded to the Colts for a 1st next year. It certainly shocked me.

What are the implications for bengaldom ?

I reckon its good news to get someone as talented as T-Rich out of the division, but on the other hand, The Browns are well loaded in next years draft to go for a #franchise QB, and the Colts get a top RB, and are the sort of AFC team we could end up facing in the play-offs.

It also surprised me how many Brown fans are down on Ricihardson, and think its a good trade. I thought Richardson was a force to be reckoned with. I think i'd rather face McGahee than Richardson a week Sunday..

Thoughts ?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather face Richardson once every other year than twice a year, but....

Cleveland has the ammo to do just about anything in this next draft. But let's be honest, they need a lot of impact players. They have solid guys at key positions in the trenches.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better not lose to the Browns anytime soon. I hadn't thought about the Colts but it does make their offense pretty balanced, at least offensively.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Browns were smart to sell high. By this time next year he'll be worth a fourth rounder. He looks slower than he did in college and he isn't breaking many tackles in the NFL so far either.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No NFL line is going to dominate a dline the way bama's did. Lacy and Ingram haven't looked stellar either.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jim Brown in that Richardson is sort of ordinary. Don't think he'll all that fast, powerful or elusive. Certainly doesn't run with great vision.

TBH, i don't think the Colts are that good either. Certainly not as good as their record last year indicates. So this trade doesn't me scared of them.

And even though the Browns are stockpiling picks, i'm not particularly scared of them either. Until their scouting departments proves they can consistently draft good players, they're not worth worrying about. Let's face it, they've taken some good players recently, but their hit rate is still not good enough to contend with the big boys.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can convince them to take our first next year for Joe Haden.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

And even though the Browns are stockpiling picks, i'm not particularly scared of them either.
The Browns seem to have stockpiled picks over the last few years, and traded down often too; but haven't had a lot of success with their picks.

Their new management maybe luckier............
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Maybe we can convince them to take our first next year for Joe Haden.

Now that would be interesting ! I'm sure AJ Green would be happy with that trade....... they might just be dumb enough to accept it.

That Browns defence has the makings of being a good one.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not matter what the case is, the Browns still used a top 5 pick on him and actually traded up one spot just to get him, that's how bad they wanted him. When you draft guys that high in the draft, you can't just be throwing those guys away, especially after only one year.

What are the browns gonna do now with those picks anyway? Do they want Teddy Bridgewater or Tajh Boyd? Or aren't they gonna stick with Weeden a bit longer and maybe want Clowney.

Either way, the browns pretty much gave up on there season yet again. Until proven otherwise, the browns lost this trade big time. Which means its good news for everyone else in the AFC North
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Either way, the browns pretty much gave up on there season yet again. Until proven otherwise, the browns lost this trade big time. Which means its good news for everyone else in the AFC North

Not sure I agree with the notion that the Browns have thrown away their season; that defence will keep them close in plenty of games, a bit like us really, they just need to convert some 3rd downs and improve their offence.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns undefeated since the trade. That trend/streak needs to end soon. Laughing
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Browns undefeated since the trade. That trend/streak needs to end soon. Laughing

The good news is that the Bengals got some tape on Hoyer. I hate playing guys that have never played before. They always seem to do really well.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

The good news is that the Bengals got some tape on Hoyer. I hate playing guys that have never played before. They always seem to do really well.

Now that reminds me of Derek Anderson.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

See TJ Yeates for details

Its Browns week, can someone start the GDT already.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: