Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I still have faith.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19002
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:
OK we get to watch the Eagles offense LIVE now. Is anyone still willing to claim this is the Oregon option offense?

As I type this, Vick's under center and ran play-action.


Was literally just about to post this. Laughing

If you have watched this game, you know how different our offense is from Oregon's.

Absolutely. If you're going to call this offense the same as the one Chip ran in Oregon, you can NOT be watching the games.
Cuz they do a few undercenter plays? Those hardly do anythign anyways. I have seen them and when they run they crap out.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/10/10/22-will-run-game-change-foles/

Quote:
I dont think it really changes much, Todd Herremans said. Were still running the same plays in practice. We still have the option to read with Nick. Hes not a big stiff board in the backfield or anything like that. You just need enough to keep the defense honest so that they cant just crash everybody off the back side.


Even with Foles their OL says their run game is read based. 98% of their plays are from shotgun. On a 3rd and 9 Chip calls a packaged insidezone/4 vert play against NYG. If the safety comes in on the run Vick throws. They didn't so Shady had the ball on a shotgun run play (that is not a draw) on 3rd and 9. Curious when the last time Tom Brady or Peyton Manning did a packaged play on 3rd and 9. Oregon does them all the time.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:
OK we get to watch the Eagles offense LIVE now. Is anyone still willing to claim this is the Oregon option offense?

As I type this, Vick's under center and ran play-action.


Was literally just about to post this. Laughing

If you have watched this game, you know how different our offense is from Oregon's.

Absolutely. If you're going to call this offense the same as the one Chip ran in Oregon, you can NOT be watching the games.
Cuz they do a few undercenter plays? Those hardly do anythign anyways. I have seen them and when they run they crap out.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/10/10/22-will-run-game-change-foles/

Quote:
I dont think it really changes much, Todd Herremans said. Were still running the same plays in practice. We still have the option to read with Nick. Hes not a big stiff board in the backfield or anything like that. You just need enough to keep the defense honest so that they cant just crash everybody off the back side.


Even with Foles their OL says their run game is read based. 98% of their plays are from shotgun. On a 3rd and 9 Chip calls a packaged insidezone/4 vert play against NYG. If the safety comes in on the run Vick throws. They didn't so Shady had the ball on a shotgun run play (that is not a draw) on 3rd and 9. Curious when the last time Tom Brady or Peyton Manning did a packaged play on 3rd and 9. Oregon does them all the time.

We were literally having this discussion DURING the game a few weeks ago. Anybody watching this offense knows this isn't the Oregon offense. Please join us this Sunday for a live analysis.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 20535
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:
OK we get to watch the Eagles offense LIVE now. Is anyone still willing to claim this is the Oregon option offense?

As I type this, Vick's under center and ran play-action.


Was literally just about to post this. Laughing

If you have watched this game, you know how different our offense is from Oregon's.

Absolutely. If you're going to call this offense the same as the one Chip ran in Oregon, you can NOT be watching the games.
Cuz they do a few undercenter plays? Those hardly do anythign anyways. I have seen them and when they run they crap out.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/10/10/22-will-run-game-change-foles/

Quote:
I dont think it really changes much, Todd Herremans said. Were still running the same plays in practice. We still have the option to read with Nick. Hes not a big stiff board in the backfield or anything like that. You just need enough to keep the defense honest so that they cant just crash everybody off the back side.


Even with Foles their OL says their run game is read based. 98% of their plays are from shotgun. On a 3rd and 9 Chip calls a packaged insidezone/4 vert play against NYG. If the safety comes in on the run Vick throws. They didn't so Shady had the ball on a shotgun run play (that is not a draw) on 3rd and 9. Curious when the last time Tom Brady or Peyton Manning did a packaged play on 3rd and 9. Oregon does them all the time.

We were literally having this discussion DURING the game a few weeks ago. Anybody watching this offense knows this isn't the Oregon offense. Please join us this Sunday for a live analysis.


Over/under on the number of times Foles keeps the ball in the read option?

Over/under on the number times we run the read option before Kelly gives up since they are keying on McCoy all the time?
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 4865
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:
OK we get to watch the Eagles offense LIVE now. Is anyone still willing to claim this is the Oregon option offense?

As I type this, Vick's under center and ran play-action.


Was literally just about to post this. Laughing

If you have watched this game, you know how different our offense is from Oregon's.

Absolutely. If you're going to call this offense the same as the one Chip ran in Oregon, you can NOT be watching the games.
Cuz they do a few undercenter plays? Those hardly do anythign anyways. I have seen them and when they run they crap out.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/10/10/22-will-run-game-change-foles/

Quote:
I dont think it really changes much, Todd Herremans said. Were still running the same plays in practice. We still have the option to read with Nick. Hes not a big stiff board in the backfield or anything like that. You just need enough to keep the defense honest so that they cant just crash everybody off the back side.


Even with Foles their OL says their run game is read based. 98% of their plays are from shotgun. On a 3rd and 9 Chip calls a packaged insidezone/4 vert play against NYG. If the safety comes in on the run Vick throws. They didn't so Shady had the ball on a shotgun run play (that is not a draw) on 3rd and 9. Curious when the last time Tom Brady or Peyton Manning did a packaged play on 3rd and 9. Oregon does them all the time.

We were literally having this discussion DURING the game a few weeks ago. Anybody watching this offense knows this isn't the Oregon offense. Please join us this Sunday for a live analysis.


Over/under on the number of times Foles keeps the ball in the read option?

Over/under on the number times we run the read option before Kelly gives up since they are keying on McCoy all the time?


One day when I have time I am going to do a segment showing people what is a read option and what is an inside zone, because people tend to think we run more read option then we actually do. Not saying you don't know what they are Marky, just using your post as an example.
_________________


2014 Draft Wish List: Khalil Mack, David Yankey, DeAndre Coleman, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir
PSN:TelevisedLlama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 20535
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:


One day when I have time I am going to do a segment showing people what is a read option and what is an inside zone, because people tend to think we run more read option then we actually do. Not saying you don't know what they are Marky, just using your post as an example.


I'm just using what everyone calls the read option (whether it is a read option is an entirely different matter)
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Vick runs it's either designed or it's when he can't find an open guy. I don't even know if he has ever optioned to himself this year. I agree that it's an inside zone and not a read option.

Also, I think Peyton Manning plays out of shotgun more than the QBs in our offense do.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 4865
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
When Vick runs it's either designed or it's when he can't find an open guy. I don't even know if he has ever optioned to himself this year. I agree that it's an inside zone and not a read option.

Also, I think Peyton Manning plays out of shotgun more than the QBs in our offense do.


He has, multiple times, but people automatically assume it was a read option when McCoy gets the ball, even though it wasn't.

Peyton also uses the Pistol a lot, but he is almost 100% not under center at this point.
_________________


2014 Draft Wish List: Khalil Mack, David Yankey, DeAndre Coleman, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir
PSN:TelevisedLlama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19002
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:


One day when I have time I am going to do a segment showing people what is a read option and what is an inside zone, because people tend to think we run more read option then we actually do. Not saying you don't know what they are Marky, just using your post as an example.


I'm just using what everyone calls the read option (whether it is a read option is an entirely different matter)
We never know the exact call. You or me. However when I see an unblocked man at the LOS it's a RO as far as I am concerned.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vindicatedxx


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3094
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big game boys next week! I still have faith in our season..... Laughing
_________________
Bird Watch: Cary Williams
TCKL: 13 SCK: 1 PD: 4 INT: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vindicatedxx


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3094
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot first in the NFC East for now. Cool

Let the faith train keep on choo chooing.
_________________
Bird Watch: Cary Williams
TCKL: 13 SCK: 1 PD: 4 INT: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 9046
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicated officially bleeds green
_________________

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 15969
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this thread <3
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 31439
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best defense in the nfl.


best qb in the nfl.


championchip.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
eaglesfan10


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10009
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
best defense in the nfl.


best qb in the nfl.


championchip.


Don't forget best running back in the nfl.
_________________
Phire wrote:
Cooper will fight every Raider there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 9046
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
best defense in the nfl.


best qb in the nfl.


championchip.


Don't forget best running back in the nfl.



Yup. Not even debateable at this point.
_________________

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group