Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I still have faith.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:
OK we get to watch the Eagles offense LIVE now. Is anyone still willing to claim this is the Oregon option offense?

As I type this, Vick's under center and ran play-action.

Was literally just about to post this. Laughing

If you have watched this game, you know how different our offense is from Oregon's.

Absolutely. If you're going to call this offense the same as the one Chip ran in Oregon, you can NOT be watching the games.
Cuz they do a few undercenter plays? Those hardly do anythign anyways. I have seen them and when they run they crap out.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/10/10/22-will-run-game-change-foles/

Quote:
I dont think it really changes much, Todd Herremans said. Were still running the same plays in practice. We still have the option to read with Nick. Hes not a big stiff board in the backfield or anything like that. You just need enough to keep the defense honest so that they cant just crash everybody off the back side.

Even with Foles their OL says their run game is read based. 98% of their plays are from shotgun. On a 3rd and 9 Chip calls a packaged insidezone/4 vert play against NYG. If the safety comes in on the run Vick throws. They didn't so Shady had the ball on a shotgun run play (that is not a draw) on 3rd and 9. Curious when the last time Tom Brady or Peyton Manning did a packaged play on 3rd and 9. Oregon does them all the time.

Sig bet
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:
OK we get to watch the Eagles offense LIVE now. Is anyone still willing to claim this is the Oregon option offense?

If you have watched this game, you know how different our offense is from Oregon's.

Absolutely. If you're going to call this offense the same as the one Chip ran in Oregon, you can NOT be watching the games.
Cuz they do a few undercenter plays? Those hardly do anythign anyways. I have seen them and when they run they crap out.

Quote:
I dont think it really changes much, Todd Herremans said. Were still running the same plays in practice. We still have the option to read with Nick. Hes not a big stiff board in the backfield or anything like that. You just need enough to keep the defense honest so that they cant just crash everybody off the back side.

Even with Foles their OL says their run game is read based. 98% of their plays are from shotgun. On a 3rd and 9 Chip calls a packaged insidezone/4 vert play against NYG. If the safety comes in on the run Vick throws. They didn't so Shady had the ball on a shotgun run play (that is not a draw) on 3rd and 9. Curious when the last time Tom Brady or Peyton Manning did a packaged play on 3rd and 9. Oregon does them all the time.

We were literally having this discussion DURING the game a few weeks ago. Anybody watching this offense knows this isn't the Oregon offense. Please join us this Sunday for a live analysis.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:

Quote:

We were literally having this discussion DURING the game a few weeks ago. Anybody watching this offense knows this isn't the Oregon offense. Please join us this Sunday for a live analysis.

Over/under on the number of times Foles keeps the ball in the read option?

Over/under on the number times we run the read option before Kelly gives up since they are keying on McCoy all the time?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:

Quote:

Over/under on the number of times Foles keeps the ball in the read option?

Over/under on the number times we run the read option before Kelly gives up since they are keying on McCoy all the time?

One day when I have time I am going to do a segment showing people what is a read option and what is an inside zone, because people tend to think we run more read option then we actually do. Not saying you don't know what they are Marky, just using your post as an example.

2014 Draft Wish List: Khalil Mack, David Yankey, DeAndre Coleman, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir
PSN:TelevisedLlama
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

One day when I have time I am going to do a segment showing people what is a read option and what is an inside zone, because people tend to think we run more read option then we actually do. Not saying you don't know what they are Marky, just using your post as an example.

I'm just using what everyone calls the read option (whether it is a read option is an entirely different matter)

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Vick runs it's either designed or it's when he can't find an open guy. I don't even know if he has ever optioned to himself this year. I agree that it's an inside zone and not a read option.

Also, I think Peyton Manning plays out of shotgun more than the QBs in our offense do.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
When Vick runs it's either designed or it's when he can't find an open guy. I don't even know if he has ever optioned to himself this year. I agree that it's an inside zone and not a read option.

Also, I think Peyton Manning plays out of shotgun more than the QBs in our offense do.

He has, multiple times, but people automatically assume it was a read option when McCoy gets the ball, even though it wasn't.

Peyton also uses the Pistol a lot, but he is almost 100% not under center at this point.

2014 Draft Wish List: Khalil Mack, David Yankey, DeAndre Coleman, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir
PSN:TelevisedLlama
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

I'm just using what everyone calls the read option (whether it is a read option is an entirely different matter)
We never know the exact call. You or me. However when I see an unblocked man at the LOS it's a RO as far as I am concerned.

Sig bet
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big game boys next week! I still have faith in our season..... Laughing
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot first in the NFC East for now. Cool

Let the faith train keep on choo chooing.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicated officially bleeds green

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this thread <3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best defense in the nfl.

best qb in the nfl.

championchip.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
best defense in the nfl.

best qb in the nfl.

championchip.

Don't forget best running back in the nfl.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
best defense in the nfl.

best qb in the nfl.

championchip.

Don't forget best running back in the nfl.

Yup. Not even debateable at this point.

Nick Foles supporter since 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: