Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I still have faith.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think this is the "Oregon" offense or a college offense you aren't watching the games. Do we use inside/outside zone schemes as our main runs? Yes. Do we use mostly shotgun? Yes. But the actual tempo and plays that the offense has been using is all pro style stuff. I wish we did more uptempo like we did the first game... Forget the D they will give up a ton of points anyways, we need to snap the ball faster.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
If you think this is the "Oregon" offense or a college offense you aren't watching the games. Do we use inside/outside zone schemes as our main runs? Yes. Do we use mostly shotgun? Yes. But the actual tempo and plays that the offense has been using is all pro style stuff. I wish we did more uptempo like we did the first game... Forget the D they will give up a ton of points anyways, we need to snap the ball faster.

Thank you.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
What exactly is different? They do more RO than any other team did last year. They still go up tempo tho not fast enough IMO. Like I said Oregon doesn't do a read option every play. Chip still uses Combo plays like they do at many colleges. This is far more college than any team and far more college than many college teams.

Sig bet
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
What exactly is different? They do more RO than any other team did last year. They still go up tempo tho not fast enough IMO. Like I said Oregon doesn't do a read option every play. Chip still uses Combo plays like they do at many colleges. This is far more college than any team and far more college than many college teams.

Everything is different. Your first point is 100% false. We have run the Read Option at the most 5-7 times in one game. Most runs are simple inside/outside zone runs that look like read option, however if you look at the tape the blocking scheme is completely different for the two plays. They have hardly gone up tempo since Week 1. They still do no huddle, but the pace is not fast in any way.

We have seen TONS of corner routes by Celek and Ertz, those are classic WCO passing routes. We never see any triple option. We rarely use bubble screens. The Eagles offense is more based off of play action, where as Oregon's offense is a spead option attack that rarely throws the ball downfield.

If you don't see these obvious differences idk what game you are watching.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

Everything is different. Your first point is 100% false. We have run the Read Option at the most 5-7 times in one game. Most runs are simple inside/outside zone runs that look like read option, however if you look at the tape the blocking scheme is completely different for the two plays. They have hardly gone up tempo since Week 1. They still do no huddle, but the pace is not fast in any way.

We have seen TONS of corner routes by Celek and Ertz, those are classic WCO passing routes. We never see any triple option. We rarely use bubble screens. The Eagles offense is more based off of play action, where as Oregon's offense is a spead option attack that rarely throws the ball downfield.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/09/25/all-22-read-option-working-for-the-eagles/

Quote:
* The Eagles have run the read option 46 times in three games, or 22.4 percent of the time.

* On those plays, the offense is averaging 8.3 yards per carry (46 carries for 384 yards).

* Overall, the Eagles have run the ball 83 times (not counting QB scrambles). So the read option has made up 55.4 percent of the run game.

* Michael Vick has kept the ball on the read option just six times. But on those attempts, hes gained 119 yards for an average yards-per-carry of 19.8.

* Running backs have gotten the ball 40 times on the read option and picked up 265 yards for a 6.6 YPC average.

5-7 TIMES?

Sig bet

Last edited by skatebeanz on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the game through Duck feathered glasses, then yeah, everything starts to look like Oregon.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
If you look at the game through Duck feathered glasses, then yeah, everything starts to look like Oregon.

That is an Oregon formation.

Many formations are Oregon. the RO is Oregon. Oregon does throw down the field but they also don't have a DeSean.

Sig bet
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

They do bubbles screens alot. But it is on combo routes and KC was defending them. I saw it plain as day. They were only allowing deep passes not anythign underneath. Why they played 1 deep but only rushed 4. That allowed 6 to defend the run inside and bubbles outside. Everything was plugged underneath. Why the inside zone was open. Guys defending the bubble left middle open.

Oregon's passes are almost always play action. Outta the same RO look as Philly's. Oregon's TO come of a RO and they only do a few a game if any.

Sig bet

Last edited by skatebeanz on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Phire wrote:

That is an Oregon formation.

Many formations are Oregon. the RO is Oregon. Oregon does throw down the field but they also don't have a DeSean.

I'm not saying we aren't seeing Oregon concepts here and there, I'm saying that a minority of the calls doesn't define the entirety of the offense, how many times have we seen that formation?

The overwhelming majority of plays have been pretty standard stuff. And we saw MORE Oregon concepts against the Redskins than we did against San Diego or Kansas City, so I think Chip just showed some creative stuff week 1 while we had a big lead (although that didn't exactly help us win comfortably).

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet we're going to see more and more of a pro style offense.

Chip is going to realise this isn't college anymore. In the pros, you need to be able to throw the ball to win games. And that is where Shurmur comes in.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, why else hire Pat Shurmur if not to incorporate portions of the West Coast Offense?

If Chip wanted to implement purely the Oregon offense, my guess is that he would have brought Scott Frost over to be the offensive coordinator.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately, I think we can describe our offense as looking more like Oregon than any other team in the NFL, yet, is not the Oregon offense. You don't call a candy corn a carrot just because it has some orange.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, doesn't Kelly alter his offense to make use of the talents and skills on offense???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Plus, doesn't Kelly alter his offense to make use of the talents and skills on offense???
Over stated.

Every coach says that yet different scheme change all the time. Defense is a work in progress according to Billy Davis because they changing to a scheme that doesn't fit everyone.

You guys have nothign to say they will start being more prostyle. Just like everyone that swore it would be the NE offense had no basis.

The OC means nothign. He offered Gruden a job at Oregon. You think Oregon would look different had he taken it? No. Shurmur took it because he wanted to learn the scheme as well. They still can read defenses and find weakness in them etc...

He can game plan in this scheme even those he didn't run it.

Colorado's Offense didn't look like Oregon but their former OC is the Ducks HC and was Chip's OC. Frost ran a pure triple option and is running Chip's offense.

Sig bet
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Shurmur hired primarily to give Chip assistance on the NFL since he was a former head coach.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: