Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I still have faith.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Why I still have faith. Reply with quote

Now, Mod's please don't lock this up. I'll cry.

Anyways.....I seen talks in our game threads about how we are rebuilding and how we suck and yeah yeah yeah. I get it, but why?

The season is young, yes new coach, new system (3-4 Defense and offense), lack of quality players (mostly on the defensive side), and tough upcoming schedule (3 road games in a row).

I seen some of you calling for Nick Foles, HA. Are we that ready to throw in the towel? Guys, our division is off to a slow start. WAS is 0-2, NYG 0-2, and DAL could be joining us as 1-2 this weekend (Rams looked kinda decent for a change).

I guess what I'm getting to is.....I hate how some you just wanna bend over and call this season a rebuilding one. DUDE, we just went 4-12 last season and yet you guys are contempt with going another losing/embarrassing season?

Yes, we don't have a good defense, we don't have franchise QB (Vick is gone next year, book it), and we can't protect home field.

I think we can still fight for the division, heck why not? Some of you may say we need to tank for a better pick. Higher pick doesn't ALWAYS equal a better player. I guess I'd rather see this team go down fighting, It's Mike Vick's last year....Nick Foles isn't our future...so keep him in there all 13 games left, what have we got to lose?

I hate the word rebuilding, especially if we have talent on this team:

Mccoy, isn't gonna run all over the place forever,
Desean, isn't going to be Speedy Gonzalez forever
Oline, How long do you think Herramans and Peters play? They are both in their 30's. Now we have to find a WHOLE new Oline....yeah that's even more time
Mike Vick, gone imo and then we have to go find QB....how longs that gonna take?

We only played 1 game in our division and we won that. We got 5 more....still plenty of time to NOT call it a season. I suggested maybe throw a pick around and see if we can get maybe a pass rusher or WR and someone said we are rebuilding.

We aren't the Browns.....and if we are....if we are truly rebuilding.....trade a guy Trent Cole (who looks lost in this new defense) for a pick while he still has value, maybe even consider Djack (why do we need him if we are rebuilding, he offers a high value pick for our future), but we aren't cause I don't think our FO has given up and YOU shouldn't either.

I'm not giving up....i'll be right HERE next week when we go to DEN where many expect us to get our a$$ whooped.

I'm not predicting a winning record, but I certainly don't see us laying down. This team fights unlike last season, I know it may not look like it (being 1-2) BUT I've seen them fight. All games have been relatively close too, not like we are getting blown out of the water.

I see promise so hopefully yall don't quit just yet. Ok im done ranting for the night. Time to go rob some more stores in GTA V. Laughing
JayAp07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wether you like the word or not, we are in a rebuilding year regardless of what our record is at the end of the season. Billy Davis has said that the D is a big work in progress and will take some time for him to get all of the right players and for them to mesh. The same goes for the offense. Like you said, we don't even have a franchise QBOTF yet. Vick is just a bridge to the next guy.

My stance has always been that this team won't be very good this year in terms of wins and losses. I've said it over and over... we will be exactly like the Saints from last year. Put up 20-30+ points every game and still lose. However, I am seeing a ton of positive things from this team on both sides of the ball. We have a very bright future and really aren't that far off from being a contender again.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick should remain the starter, but if he plays like last night 2-3 more games, foles should start.

Also Billy Davis, I know the Secondary lacks talent, but please don't let QB's dink and dunk their way down the field.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My expectations for the Eagles are pretty minimal this season. Yeah, they got up a little bit after week 1, but I reasoned myself to look at how bad our defense is and that has eased the last 2 losses. This team has a lot of work to do, but at least they are hanging in games, having some success on offense, and fun to watch... unlike last year.

They are a few plays here and there from being 3-0, they need to limit the turn overs (not just Vick) and at least occasionally get off the field on defense. With that said, last night the D played more than well enough to win the game. But still horrible fundamentals plague this team, from ball security to tackling, to simply lining up in the right formation on defense. That is what annoys me.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason you should have faith:

Everyone else in the division sucks balls too.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:

Indeed.

You could easily win the division at 9-7, maybe even 8-8

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
birdman0069

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes no difference if Vick starts 1 more game or the rest of the season. He has repeatedly shown over his career that he has more games like this in him and less games like the game against Washington.
If you think, as the coach, that Foles can start and be successful in this league then you put him sooner then later.
If you have it it your mind, as the coach, that you need to draft a QB early next year, the it truly doesn't matter who starts.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:

It is certainly a big reason but it shouldn't be the only.

Our offense looks REALLY good at times. Vick made one particularly horrendous decision last night that cost us, the other pick was more so just a horrendous throw (Riley Cooper getting zero separation doesn't really help either). Defensively there is nothing to be optimistic about, except for maybe our front 7. They got good pressure last night, not sure where that was against SD. But outside of that our tackling is god awful and our secondary is beyond that. This unit can't get off the field when it matters, it is incredibly frustrating to watch.

eagles18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF we bench Vick we shouldn't start Foles, we should start Barkley and see if he is anything special. That way we know whether to take Aaron Murray or not. Very Happy

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
It makes no difference if Vick starts 1 more game or the rest of the season. He has repeatedly shown over his career that he has more games like this in him and less games like the game against Washington.
If you think, as the coach, that Foles can start and be successful in this league then you put him sooner then later.
If you have it it your mind, as the coach, that you need to draft a QB early next year, the it truly doesn't matter who starts.

It's funny you are still pinning this on Vick. Yeah, last night he deserves a lion's share of the blame, but he was extraordinary the first 2 weeks. He was careful with the ball and made some amazing throws.

Last night it was a combination of things. Lots of pressure, awful separation by our WRs and an awful Mike Vick.

eagles18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

It's funny you are still pinning this on Vick. Yeah, last night he deserves a lion's share of the blame, but he was extraordinary the first 2 weeks. He was careful with the ball and made some amazing throws.

Last night it was a combination of things. Lots of pressure, awful separation by our WRs and an awful Mike Vick.

Not as careful as Alex Smith

nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate saying/thinking we are in rebuilding mode. I can't believe it, the moves of signing all these defensive FAs don't relay that message to me.

Rebuilding would mean:

-We move Peters (Denver) get a nice draft pick, (conditional 2nd based on snaps played) move Lane to LT, Kelly at RT when he's healthy.
-Play Barkley (might as well see what he can do)
-Wasting McCoy for another year.
-Play some of those younger inexperienced Defensive players
-We should've kept some of those younger guys #Momah, Acho, C. McCoy

Maybe it could still happen if we go 0-3 on the road trip (1-5) with Dallas & NYG coming to Philly where we lay eggs.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

He also throws the ball over 5 yards. Alex Smith is horrendous, don't be fooled. It must be nice riding a great defense and an exceptional RB.

BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
I hate saying/thinking we are in rebuilding mode. I can't believe it, the moves of signing all these defensive FAs don't relay that message to me.

Rebuilding would mean:

-We move Peters (Denver) get a nice draft pick, (conditional 2nd based on snaps played) move Lane to LT, Kelly at RT when he's healthy.
-Play Barkley (might as well see what he can do)
-Wasting McCoy for another year.
-Play some of those younger inexperienced Defensive players
-We should've kept some of those younger guys #Momah, Acho, C. McCoy

Maybe it could still happen if we go 0-3 on the road trip (1-5) with Dallas & NYG coming to Philly where we lay eggs.

Jason Peters is 31. He has like 4-5 more years of strong play ahead of him. Why in god's name would we trade him for a 2nd round pick? You don't trade arguably the best LT in the game for something so minimal. Thank god some of you aren't GMs.

eagles18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

He also throws the ball over 5 yards. Alex Smith is horrendous, don't be fooled. It must be nice riding a great defense and an exceptional RB.

AND Donnie Avery Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: