Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Specific Problems With The Squad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Yes the DC is an issue due to the lack of adjustments and the ability to scheme properly. His job is to put guys in position to make plays.

3rd and long backing everyone up to the sticks on 3 different occasions isn't putting guys in position. The inability to draw up pressure vs an OL that had Queen duncrap and DJ Fluker starting is unacceptable. We're consistently blitzing A gap when DJ/Queen are the slowest pair of OTs in the league. We're putting our NT in the flats to cover Jamal Charles. We're blitzing the strong side of the formation with nobody covering the weak. We're getting outflanked on the weakside stretch run. We're sending a 3 man rush dropping 8 and still getting passes completed. Through 3 games we have not adjusted to teams dinking/dunking the ball up and down the field. Our opponents are converting 41% of 3rd downs...We've given up 77 1st downs in 3 games, in comparison NE has given up 30, Oakland 33, NO 32 I bet none of those Defenses are giving up 40+ 1st downs this Sunday.

/rant

All of this.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Yes the DC is an issue due to the lack of adjustments and the ability to scheme properly. His job is to put guys in position to make plays.

3rd and long backing everyone up to the sticks on 3 different occasions isn't putting guys in position. The inability to draw up pressure vs an OL that had Queen duncrap and DJ Fluker starting is unacceptable. We're consistently blitzing A gap when DJ/Queen are the slowest pair of OTs in the league. We're putting our NT in the flats to cover Jamal Charles. We're blitzing the strong side of the formation with nobody covering the weak. We're getting outflanked on the weakside stretch run. We're sending a 3 man rush dropping 8 and still getting passes completed. Through 3 games we have not adjusted to teams dinking/dunking the ball up and down the field. Our opponents are converting 41% of 3rd downs...We've given up 77 1st downs in 3 games, in comparison NE has given up 30, Oakland 33, NO 32 I bet none of those Defenses are giving up 40+ 1st downs this Sunday.

/rant

Awesome post. You are right sir. Billy Davis, you make Andy Reid look like a master adjuster.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, why was Ced Thornton in coverage... covering Jamaal Charles? That's worse than anything McDermott or Castillo EVER drew up.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dink and dunk crap is the most worrisome to me. We're not getting beaten deep like the last two years, but Alex Smith couldn't beat us that way, why not play the underneath stuff?

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
The dink and dunk crap is the most worrisome to me. We're not getting beaten deep like the last two years, but Alex Smith couldn't beat us that way, why not play the underneath stuff?

Explains why Billy Davis was fired from about 10 different teams Laughing

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Yeah, why was Ced Thornton in coverage... covering Jamaal Charles? That's worse than anything McDermott or Castillo EVER drew up.

Yeah that gave me a good chuckle. Nothing like a nice Zone-dog with your NT. What a freakin' moron. It was bad enough he wanted Barwin on Charles for 90% of the game, that was just the icing on the cake. Bring back Castillo.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Meh. He was on some bad teams as LB Coach also and he got a little unlucky in his previous stops as DC, but so far I'm not impressed

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Meh. He was on some bad teams as LB Coach also and he got a little unlucky in his previous stops as DC, but so far I'm not impressed

A good coach on a bad team doesn't get fired that quickly. When you realize a bad coach is doing a bad job, then you fire him. Which is why teams purged him from their staff within three years on a laughable amount of occasions.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
I love philly. I feel like we're the only team that you can talk about the team after a game and be surprised at what people think needs to be fixed.

Our defense played VERY well last night outside of a few 3rd and longs. It felt like KC was starting every drive with great field position from either a turnover or a blown coverage in our special teams yet they only gave up one TD. Our D played last night with a very "bend dont' break" attitude and only gave up 19 points. Meanwhile our vaunted killer offense had 5 turnovers and only scored 16 points. What do you think people are calling for?

The DC's head.

Carry on, I like being amused on a friday. Laughing

It's comical that's for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
I love philly. I feel like we're the only team that you can talk about the team after a game and be surprised at what people think needs to be fixed.

Our defense played VERY well last night outside of a few 3rd and longs. It felt like KC was starting every drive with great field position from either a turnover or a blown coverage in our special teams yet they only gave up one TD. Our D played last night with a very "bend dont' break" attitude and only gave up 19 points. Meanwhile our vaunted killer offense had 5 turnovers and only scored 16 points. What do you think people are calling for?

The DC's head.

Carry on, I like being amused on a friday. Laughing

Personally not interested in what resulted in the win or loss. I don't care how many points the offense gives up, or the defense gives up.

I DO care, however, about seeing this team have quality pieces in place. I don't care how many sacks Billy Davis' defense gets us, but I do want to see our defensive coordinator coordinate some positive adjustments.

He has failed to do so in three straight weeks.

I don't care about how many yards Billy Davis' defense gives up, but I will call for his head if I see Ced Thornton OUR NOSE TACKLE in COVERAGE against Jamaal Charles, which unsurprisingly ended in disaster.

These are red flags that should be alarming to anyone who cares about the direction of this team, win or lose, and regardless of what our offense is doing.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen plenty of teams (Bal, Pit, Jets, ect) do that exact play asking a NT to drop back into coverage on a stunt in hopes of creating confusion. Difference being KC actually had a swing pass to Charles called (great call) rather then the TE crossing the middle. Let's not go overboard as thought this is a singularity that applies to Billy Davis alone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
I've seen plenty of teams (Bal, Pit, Jets, ect) do that exact play asking a NT to drop back into coverage on a stunt in hopes of creating confusion. Difference being KC actually had a swing pass to Charles called (great call) rather then the TE crossing the middle. Let's not go overboard as thought this is a singularity that applies to Billy Davis alone.

The difference is their DT/NT isn't asked to cover the flats on the wide side of the field, they'd usually drop into hook/curl middle of the field. He's already lined up over the nose, no NT/DT in the league can cover the flats that quickly. That's trying to be too slick.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Bama homer for sure but we have other posters in the forum who love Clinton-Dix as a prospect.

I think Willy and Dr. Philly are really high on him also.

Clinton Dix Very Happy

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So given our third loss in a row, and an embarrassing one at that, what changes need to be made to our starters.

For example, do we look to change our offensive line. The scary thing is:

Quote:
Last year, with an offensive line that at times featured King Dunlap, Demetress Bell, Dallas Reynolds, Jake Scott and Danny Watkins, the Eagles allowed 3.0 sacks per game.

So far this year, with everybody relatively healthy, they’re allowing 3.5.

Is this a product of the offensive line not being as good as it was expected to be, Vick getting old or the playcalling?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
birdman0069

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DC isn't a problem yet. We do not have enough quality players on either side of the ball to be calling for coaches to be replaced.
QB, WR (x2) and TE all need to be upgraded.
DL, LB and Secondary all have issues and need better quality.
This is a rebuilding process. Key word here is process.
All the people that thought we could be successfull right out of the gate were dead wrong. It's incredibly hard to win while replacing all of the coaches, all of schemes and a lot of the players. Be patient and understand this is a 3-4 win football team and we are shooting to be better over the next two seasons.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: