You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Specific Problems With The Squad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The #4 overall pick has played like a bust.
willy_law

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Davis isn't the problem right now it's Fans thinking you can instantaneously turn a 4-3 defense in a 3-4 defense when that same 4-3 defense SUCKED last year as well. The only single defense I can recall that has made the change successfully over in a single year is Houston's when they brought in Wade Phillips! Other then that team I can't think of a single team that did not have major growing pains changing over personnel to fit the new scheme. The problem with Rex is that in no way , shape or form do I believe he would ever check his enormous ego at the door for Chip "unproven" Kelly. Not when in his own mind Rex believes he should still be a a HC with 10x the resume. No thanks. Spend the vast majority of your resources via FA/Draft on defense in 2014 and continue to build that 3-4 defense Chip and Billy envision. Way to early to be jumping ship IMO!

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Yeah Lane got absolutely abused by Justin Houston in pass protection. No other way to classify last night's performance.

On the flip side, Eric Fisher didn't look much better either.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:

That 40 time though Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

That 40 time though Laughing

Which makes me think that in retrospect KC should have drafted EJ Manuel, especially considering how super conservative Alex Smith plays. Any QB can play that way that belongs in the NFL. EJ could have been projected to do that, and with future upside. It will be funny if Reid never has a QB better than EJ Manuel...
A LT drafted in the top 5 HAS to play above average IMO or they are a bust until they establish otherwise.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebuilding? Everything.

Being competitive? WR, DC

Winning a SB? Who knows we haven't come close in awhile. IDK look @ Washington last what 4 yrs we've opened up with the eventual SB champ?

Ok that last line was a joke.
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Lane Johnson got abused last night but it pretty much mostly came when KC knew the Eagles had to throw. He has been awesome so far at run blocking and getting to the next level. Eagles have trusted him 1 on 1 against some pretty good pass-rushers in Kerrigan and Houston. He didn't fair quite as well last night.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Eh, Lane Johnson got abused last night but it pretty much mostly came when KC knew the Eagles had to throw. He has been awesome so far at run blocking and getting to the next level. Eagles have trusted him 1 on 1 against some pretty good pass-rushers in Kerrigan and Houston. He didn't fair quite as well last night.

Todd Herremans had a pretty bad night too. I swear that RG spot is cursed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

He has been pretty brutal so far this year. Although that holding penalty I thought was questionable.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

He has been pretty brutal so far this year. Although that holding penalty I thought was questionable.

He was getting roll over all night. Inside pressure killed us all night.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
He was getting roll over all night.

He was?

I don't remember that happening.

Cool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

Honestly, Lane has gone against Kerrigan, Freeney, and Houston in his first three games... Those are some proven pass rushers in the NFL. Combine that with 3 games in just over 2 weeks, and you have a recipe for disaster for our young developing tackle. Agreed he has been bad so far, but I think he has plenty of talent and time to turn it around.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 games in 11 days sure doesn't help anyone on the team. As I mentioned yesterday, that's the first time in NFL history that has happened to a team on the schedule.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love philly. I feel like we're the only team that you can talk about the team after a game and be surprised at what people think needs to be fixed.

Our defense played VERY well last night outside of a few 3rd and longs. It felt like KC was starting every drive with great field position from either a turnover or a blown coverage in our special teams yet they only gave up one TD. Our D played last night with a very "bend dont' break" attitude and only gave up 19 points. Meanwhile our vaunted killer offense had 5 turnovers and only scored 16 points. What do you think people are calling for?

The DC's head.

Carry on, I like being amused on a friday. Laughing

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
eagles18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Should get a Belichick disciple.

Josh McDaniels? Laughing

He doesn't coach defense.

That hasn't stopped the Eagles before!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: