Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Post-Game Love Shack (KC @ PHI) Hosted by Vindicated XXX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
Wasn't much I saw in the last game that made me think this offense would be keeping us in a whole lot of games.

418 yards against one of the best defenses in the league isn't at least a solid beginning?

It's more of the 3-10 on third downs and inconsistency / lack of talent at the WR position.

I'm happy with DeSean Jackson and Jason Avant's production thus far. But beyond that, we aren't really getting much.

And 418 yards isn't exactly setting the world on fire in this age of the NFL when QBs are almost passing for that alone. It's solid and worth celebrating against a great defense but I think it's not all that relevant when the offense only scores 2 touchdowns.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good chunk of the yardage is due to teams not containing Vick and his ability to run. Didn't he have like 48 yards passing in the first half against the Chiefs?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
A good chunk of the yardage is due to teams not containing Vick and his ability to run. Didn't he have like 48 yards passing in the first half against the Chiefs?

Do people really care what vick do? If he plays well, it just proves to me, almost anybody could produce in this offense.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:

Do people really care what vick do? If he plays well, it just proves to me, almost anybody could produce in this offense.

Vick matters because he's the guy who has the ball on every offensive play.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:

But I thought losing was the way to go this year, so go sucky vick!
I don't mind losing this year if it means we're able to land a QB or a potential stud defender.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Phire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:

I don't mind losing this year if it means we're able to land a QB or a potential stud defender.

That's what I'm saying Laughing
Our offense is not elite and we should still be trying to add studs to the roster. I'm saying yardage is not a good measurement.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:

That's what I'm saying Laughing
Our offense is not elite and we should still be trying to add studs to the roster. I'm saying yardage is not a good measurement.

We moved the ball 100 yards more than Cowboys against Chiefs on a short week. And they have two good WR's, a good TE, good RB and while a good QB.

BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offensive system is legit. Not only do you guys get over 400 yards vs a top notch defense but remember you don't have Jeremy Maclin who is arguably just as effective as DeSean Jackson

Just watching my Falcons if we didn't have Julio Jones AND Roddy White we would not be the same team.

And you guys don't need two guys THAT good but at least one guy who can AT LEAST beat single coverage across from DeSean.

You give Chip Kelly tow guys who can do that and your offense can consistently be top 2 in the entire league.

So called experts will say Chip Kelly is "exposed" if you guys don't score 30 PPG this year, but truth be told just because Riley Cooper can't get open doesn't mean the system doesn't work it means Riley Cooper can't get open
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
This offensive system is legit. Not only do you guys get over 400 yards vs a top notch defense but remember you don't have Jeremy Maclin who is arguably just as effective as DeSean Jackson

Just watching my Falcons if we didn't have Julio Jones AND Roddy White we would not be the same team.

And you guys don't need two guys THAT good but at least one guy who can AT LEAST beat single coverage across from DeSean.

You give Chip Kelly tow guys who can do that and your offense can consistently be top 2 in the entire league.

So called experts will say Chip Kelly is "exposed" if you guys don't score 30 PPG this year, but truth be told just because Riley Cooper can't get open doesn't mean the system doesn't work it means Riley Cooper can't get open

I think we're only two starters away from being a consistent top-5 offense, but the problem is that one of the starters we need is a QB. Obviously we can be effective with Vick, but he's terribly inconsistent and not at all a long-term thing.

Last edited by WhackyPlague on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

Stop it, please. I'm willing to give Kelly every chance in the world to rebuild this team but he has made just as many mistakes thus far as good decessions. Kelly has a learning curve just like every other first time HC and it's a bit early to annoint him as a great coach.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Phire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when was yardage the benchmark for a great offense?
A poster waaaay back once had a quote in his sig... if you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Since when was yardage the benchmark for a great offense?
A poster waaaay back once had a quote in his sig... if you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics.

Bad teams can't move the football outside of garbage time. And you're right it's about putting the ball in the endzone and I see Eagles being top 5 in doing that as well
phat21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we should just go out and get Josh Gordon!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phat21 wrote:

+1. I'd give a third or fourth rounder for him

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
phat21 wrote:

+1. I'd give a third or fourth rounder for him

Would you trade Bryce Brown for him?

I want T.J. Ward if they're trading the team.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: