Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Post-Game Love Shack (KC @ PHI) Hosted by Vindicated XXX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RollEagles


Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 7565
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
Wasn't much I saw in the last game that made me think this offense would be keeping us in a whole lot of games.

418 yards against one of the best defenses in the league isn't at least a solid beginning?

It's more of the 3-10 on third downs and inconsistency / lack of talent at the WR position.

I'm happy with DeSean Jackson and Jason Avant's production thus far. But beyond that, we aren't really getting much.

And 418 yards isn't exactly setting the world on fire in this age of the NFL when QBs are almost passing for that alone. It's solid and worth celebrating against a great defense but I think it's not all that relevant when the offense only scores 2 touchdowns.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49683
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good chunk of the yardage is due to teams not containing Vick and his ability to run. Didn't he have like 48 yards passing in the first half against the Chiefs?
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36378
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
A good chunk of the yardage is due to teams not containing Vick and his ability to run. Didn't he have like 48 yards passing in the first half against the Chiefs?

Do people really care what vick do? If he plays well, it just proves to me, almost anybody could produce in this offense.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49683
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
A good chunk of the yardage is due to teams not containing Vick and his ability to run. Didn't he have like 48 yards passing in the first half against the Chiefs?

Do people really care what vick do? If he plays well, it just proves to me, almost anybody could produce in this offense.

Vick matters because he's the guy who has the ball on every offensive play.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36378
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
A good chunk of the yardage is due to teams not containing Vick and his ability to run. Didn't he have like 48 yards passing in the first half against the Chiefs?

Do people really care what vick do? If he plays well, it just proves to me, almost anybody could produce in this offense.

Vick matters because he's the guy who has the ball on every offensive play.

But I thought losing was the way to go this year, so go sucky vick!
I don't mind losing this year if it means we're able to land a QB or a potential stud defender.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49683
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
A good chunk of the yardage is due to teams not containing Vick and his ability to run. Didn't he have like 48 yards passing in the first half against the Chiefs?

Do people really care what vick do? If he plays well, it just proves to me, almost anybody could produce in this offense.

Vick matters because he's the guy who has the ball on every offensive play.

But I thought losing was the way to go this year, so go sucky vick!
I don't mind losing this year if it means we're able to land a QB or a potential stud defender.

That's what I'm saying Laughing
Our offense is not elite and we should still be trying to add studs to the roster. I'm saying yardage is not a good measurement.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36378
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
A good chunk of the yardage is due to teams not containing Vick and his ability to run. Didn't he have like 48 yards passing in the first half against the Chiefs?

Do people really care what vick do? If he plays well, it just proves to me, almost anybody could produce in this offense.

Vick matters because he's the guy who has the ball on every offensive play.

But I thought losing was the way to go this year, so go sucky vick!
I don't mind losing this year if it means we're able to land a QB or a potential stud defender.

That's what I'm saying Laughing
Our offense is not elite and we should still be trying to add studs to the roster. I'm saying yardage is not a good measurement.

We moved the ball 100 yards more than Cowboys against Chiefs on a short week. And they have two good WR's, a good TE, good RB and while a good QB.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offensive system is legit. Not only do you guys get over 400 yards vs a top notch defense but remember you don't have Jeremy Maclin who is arguably just as effective as DeSean Jackson

Just watching my Falcons if we didn't have Julio Jones AND Roddy White we would not be the same team.

And you guys don't need two guys THAT good but at least one guy who can AT LEAST beat single coverage across from DeSean.

You give Chip Kelly tow guys who can do that and your offense can consistently be top 2 in the entire league.


So called experts will say Chip Kelly is "exposed" if you guys don't score 30 PPG this year, but truth be told just because Riley Cooper can't get open doesn't mean the system doesn't work it means Riley Cooper can't get open
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WhackyPlague


Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 5059
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
This offensive system is legit. Not only do you guys get over 400 yards vs a top notch defense but remember you don't have Jeremy Maclin who is arguably just as effective as DeSean Jackson

Just watching my Falcons if we didn't have Julio Jones AND Roddy White we would not be the same team.

And you guys don't need two guys THAT good but at least one guy who can AT LEAST beat single coverage across from DeSean.

You give Chip Kelly tow guys who can do that and your offense can consistently be top 2 in the entire league.


So called experts will say Chip Kelly is "exposed" if you guys don't score 30 PPG this year, but truth be told just because Riley Cooper can't get open doesn't mean the system doesn't work it means Riley Cooper can't get open


I think we're only two starters away from being a consistent top-5 offense, but the problem is that one of the starters we need is a QB. Obviously we can be effective with Vick, but he's terribly inconsistent and not at all a long-term thing.


Last edited by WhackyPlague on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6270
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
This offensive system is legit. Not only do you guys get over 400 yards vs a top notch defense but remember you don't have Jeremy Maclin who is arguably just as effective as DeSean Jackson

Just watching my Falcons if we didn't have Julio Jones AND Roddy White we would not be the same team.

And you guys don't need two guys THAT good but at least one guy who can AT LEAST beat single coverage across from DeSean.

You give Chip Kelly tow guys who can do that and your offense can consistently be top 2 in the entire league.


So called experts will say Chip Kelly is "exposed" if you guys don't score 30 PPG this year, but truth be told just because Riley Cooper can't get open doesn't mean the system doesn't work it means Riley Cooper can't get open


Stop it, please. I'm willing to give Kelly every chance in the world to rebuild this team but he has made just as many mistakes thus far as good decessions. Kelly has a learning curve just like every other first time HC and it's a bit early to annoint him as a great coach.
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49683
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when was yardage the benchmark for a great offense?
A poster waaaay back once had a quote in his sig... if you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Since when was yardage the benchmark for a great offense?
A poster waaaay back once had a quote in his sig... if you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics.


Bad teams can't move the football outside of garbage time. And you're right it's about putting the ball in the endzone and I see Eagles being top 5 in doing that as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phat21


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 2703
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we should just go out and get Josh Gordon!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 10896
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phat21 wrote:
I say we should just go out and get Josh Gordon!




+1. I'd give a third or fourth rounder for him
_________________

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eaglesfan10


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10014
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
phat21 wrote:
I say we should just go out and get Josh Gordon!




+1. I'd give a third or fourth rounder for him


Would you trade Bryce Brown for him?

I want T.J. Ward if they're trading the team.
_________________
Phire wrote:
Cooper will fight every Raider there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group