Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The True Week 3 GDT: Rams vs. Cowboys
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: The True Week 3 GDT: Rams vs. Cowboys Reply with quote

Rams

VS

The Unsmacktalkables #BowToOurGloriousFranchise

(No picture, because I couldn't find a picture of Roger Staubach winning the battle of Stalingrad with a Hail Mary. Stalin had the picture removed from history after the Allied victory. It's the only picture I could find suitable to represent dem' Boys.)

Will the real GDT, please stand up?

I repeat, will the real GDT, please...stand up?

Yo, and by stand up, I mean get stickied. HOLLA!

EXTRA EXTRA, RAMS FORUM INVADED, READ ALL ABOUT IT!

On September 16, 2013, a day that will live...in...okay, we'll forget about it in like 3 weeks or so. But right now, it's pretty crazy around here. And this...kids...is the story

But first....let's all agree on something here...and this is something that is not debatable....we all love Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

MaddHatter: I wunder if everyone on this here site thinks we sound like a bunch of Yosemite Sams when we post?

plan9misfit: Yep. I reckon they do. Don't them fellers realize we Cowboys fans have been here since this site opened?

TexasOutlaw7: Yeah, this here our site!

MaddHatter: Now shucks...now we're just buying into stereotypes! Lots of them "haters" give us lots of flack that we don't deserve! We are a group of knowledgeable posters! It's that Texas Pride though that can be overwhelmin' to them states that have things like....more than one stars. Or...a bear.

The_Slamman: So what should we do? Wait for their thread to be up like those cool fans from the Atlanta Falcons forum?

plan9misfit: .....drill for OIL!

MH: OIL!

The_Slamman: BURRITOS!

TO7: OIL!

Two Days Later, in the Friendly, Butterfly and Sunshine filled Rams Forum

jrry32: Alright Ramsfan, deploy the gameday thread! I'm eager to put some Cowgirls in their place!

RamRod: Patience, my friend...give Ramsfan28 his time. He needs time to make the lulz.

yrba1: Whoa! What's that, in the distance?!

StLunatic88: Is it an irrational fan of another team using their own imagination rather than empirical data to back up their argument?

yrba1: No! It's a WAR MACHINE!

SL88: Oh...don't care then. I'm out. Call me when one emerges.

i <3 Faulk: Ummm....these guys seemed pretty riled up.

S-Jax39: That's not even a real war machine...it's a bunch of cardboard stapled together. Oh, and look, a sign that says "Quincy Carter Estate".

Carter: Awwww not again!

yrba1: What should we do guys?

RamRod: Simple. Let's play with their heads. Everyone dress up like hippies and put up "no drilling" signs.

An hour later

MH: Gentleman...the hour is upon us!

TO7: Hey...are those...protesters?

T_S: Umm...I think that's a sign saying....

T_S: ...ROMO IS A LITTLE GIRL!

MH: WHAT?! Oh, and there's ANOTHER one saying "Cowgirls SUCK"

Desperado82: You know what that means, right? That means we have....amnesty!

P9M: Huh? Shucks, I don't know what that means!

MH: It means....ATTACK!

T07: But we used up Quincy's house AND sunroom!

P9M: Okay, then let's go find Brooks Bollinger!

Bollinger: Noooottttt meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 hour later

MH: We claim this land in the name of the Cowboys! All hail Landry!

T07: Landry? How about Jimmy Johnson?

P9M: You mean the guy that won championships but stained the reputation of our beloved franchise with all of those convicts? No thanks. Landry >>>>Johnson. The man did it the right way.

T_S: Gimme Staubach any day of the week.

MH: NO! Landry!!!

And so the Cowboys fans fought amongst themselves, then began to PM each and every member of the Cowboys forum in hopes that one of them would actually be Jerry Jones. MaddHatter got a little desperate, settling for so much as Don Meridith

Quote:
Dandy Don, first off I just wanted to say I loved your cameo on King of the Hill. I am in a war with some of my Cowboys fans. We wish to conquer the Rams forum in the name of the greatest coach of all time, and your former mentor...Tom Landry. Please donate money, provisions, whatever you can. Your contribution will not go unnoticed. I'll even make you...co-mod for your efforts. It's kinda like being a lord. Do you watch Game of Thrones at all? Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Thank you! Long live Dallas!

To which he received this response

NextBigThing wrote:
Claim it in the name of Randy Moss and I'll start producing 10+ threads a week posting stats about how Tom Landry is the greatest. I'll even inflate some of those stats. That should help out your cause.

I'm sorry, I'm not Dandy Don, but I am someone more powerful though. For I am...The Next Big Thing

Days had passed. Well....two days had passed. Ramsfan28 had returned from his trip to the wilderness, where he purchased one of these:

and dealt with these:

After seeing the wreckage in the forum, he spoke to the members.

RF28: What...happened???

jrry32: They...they came...and...took over. We were doing so well, holding our own. But then...the Cowboys forum gave us these blankets. Next thing you know we're arguing about whether or not the Rams should have made a bigger push for Trent Richardson *cough*

SL88: WE NEED *cough* A RUNNING *cough* BACKkkkkkk

holt_bruce81: With our defenses down, they came in...and started discussing...about how weak we were. About how they had lost to far greater foes, like Alex "the Warhammer" Smith. *cough* After that, we were just hoping you would come in and lock the thread.

I <3 Rams: BUT YOU NEVER CAME!!!! AND I RAN OUT OF BOOZE!!!!

RamRod: I boycotted the thread...hurry up and bring the thunder! I want to post again!

RamForLife81-39: FIRE ZE MISSILES!!!!

Riftt: YOU HAVE MY SWORD!

D9-EM: AND MY SHIELD!

DEE RAWL: AND...My....ummm....yo, you just got me, that's all you need. Give me a chaingun or something. GTA style.

RF28: Alright, my friends...I shall...BRING THA THUUUUNNNDDDDAAAA!!

And with some aid from coach Andy Reid....(I know I made fun of him last week, but this one is for the Cowboys fans)

HHOOO HOO HOOO! SOLO, NABA CHEWBACCA RANCOR GIVE YOUR FANTASY TEAM BLUEBALCHHHOODDAAA WHICH RECEIVER HAVE BIG GAME CHOCOLATE CAKE HOOOHOOO HOOO

Ramsfan28 was able to begin construction on a machine that could freeze a thread in carbonite

S-Jax39: FIRE IN THE HOLE!

yrba1: jrry!!! DEE RAWL! Get out of there, he's about to do it!

jrry: But...they're...using...faulty...statements....can't...leave...

DEE RAWL: Yes, for we are noble soldiers, and must see personally that anyone who makes excuses for their wide receivers be doomed, even if it means our own doom.

HB81: Wow...I'm gonna miss you guys....

SL88: Thread does not interest me. Strong lack of draft talk. FREEZE IT UP RF28!

And so Ramsfan28 held the trigger to the carbonite machine. It's not an easy decision, even with Andy Reid putting that very attractive host from college gameday in a golden bikini. I can't think of her name...and somehow the thought of her bringing that fat slug a BBQ pulled pork sandwich made Ramsfan want her more. But he couldn't just freeze the thread in carbonite...knowing that his buddies were in there, fighting the good fight.

....and now...the uber wings

BBQ Chicken Confit Wings

Well folks, I had to back up my smack talk and pull out the big guns. These wings are so delicious they even make Tywin Lannister cry. And if you don't know who that is...then...they make even Jimmy Johnson wish that he could have stuck around long enough and recruited Tim Tebow.

To begin...what is a confit?

To simplify it, a confit is basically slow cooking something in fat. In most cases, you will use oil. Whether it be Canola, Vegetable, Olive, Peanut, etc. Animal fats can also be used for this process. Also, it's not a deep fry, but a slow process. You want to cook the food in the oil at temperatures as low as 200 degrees F, which can take up to 2 hours, but trust me...it's worth it. Do this once, and you'll want to confit everything you lay eyes on.

This recipe calls for Duck Fat, but I know how hard that can be to come by. Sometimes your grocery stores will sell fat, but you have to ask around. Usually the butcher or the deli will have some. Even chicken fat is a great substitute for duck fat. But if not...don't worry about it. Use a neutral oil, such as canola or grapeseed. This oil will absorb the flavor of the chicken and you'll basically have homemade chicken fat!

For the confit:

30 pieces chicken thighs (preferably boneless), tossed in seasoning (I make my own, but save yourself the trouble and use something like Landry's, it's what mine ends up tasting like anyway)
Enough fat to cover (about 3 bottles of large canola oil, or 1 tub of duck fat/chicken fat)

-Heat your oven to 250F.
-Cover the chicken in the fat. Make sure they have enough room to move around and aren't stacked on one another. A good vessel for these guys is a deep pan. If you have a dutch oven, that works great. If not, you can use your crockpot (just make sure it's oven safe!!!) If that doesn't work, see if you have an all-metal pot that's deep (much like you would cook pasta in) and use that guy.
-Cook for 2.5 hours if boneless, and 3 hours if they have bones. You want them nice and tender, but not completely raw. Cut into one to check it. If it's no longer pink in the middle, you're good to go. If they have bones...it's even easier to check. Just take one and wiggle the bone. If it comes out easy, you're good to go.
-Keep in mind...you're also going to be frying them later!

For the BBQ Sauce
*Special note...you're going to need a food processor for this! Or if you're ballin', a vita-prep!

The Veggies/The One Fruit:
2 Onions, rough chopped, then smoked for about 5-7 minutes
2 Apples, rough chopped, then smoked for about 10-12 minutes
1 Jalapeno, rough chopped
4 tomatoes, quartered, then smoked for about 12-15 minutes

-If you don't have a smoker, don't worry, there are plenty of ways to great creative. The key here is elevation, making sure they are away from the heat. If your grill has a second stack, just leave veggies up there and throw some wood chips in the fire. If it's propane, put the chips on some aluminum foil, and let them sit over the heat, releasing their own smoke.

For that good ol' fashioned liquid:

1- 16 ounce bottle of Red Wine Vinegar
1- 16 ounce bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar
1- 16 ounce box of Brown Sugar
1- 8oz jar of Molasses
-all of those veggies you smoked, and the jalapeno you chopped up
1-20oz bottle of Ketchup
1tbsp smoked paprika
1tbsp Cumin
hint of Tabasco

-Take the Vinegars and the Brown Sugar. Stir them together. Cook them over low-medium heat. What you want is a loose syrup. Take a spoon, stir it, then lift it up. If the liquid leaves a slight coating on the back of the spoon, you're ready for the next step, which is....
-Add the molasses, the ketchup, the spices, the Tabasco, and all of your veggies/fruit. Cook for 30 minutes on low-medium heat.
Once cooked, take your sauce, throw it in a food processor. Blend it til it is nice, smooth, and sexy.

The Big Finish (O FACE!!!):

You can coat these guys in BBQ Sauce and bake them for about 8-10 minutes, OR YOU CAN....
Get some MORE canola oil, and heat it up to around 350 degrees F. To check the heat of your oil to see whether or not it's ready to fry, leave a piece of chicken in the oil. Wants it starts to fry rapidly, your oil is ready. ALSO, BE CAREFUL!!! DON'T HEAT YOUR OIL TOO MUCH! I SAY THIS BECAUSE I CAUSED AN INFERNO ONCE! YES, EVEN CHEFS HAVE EPIC FAIL MOMENTS!

-Fry dem wings for about 3-4 minutes. They should be nice and crispy. Keep in mind they are already cooked, so you don't need to fry them like you would a regular piece of chicken.
-Coat dem wings in the BBQ Sauce after they are nice and crispy.
-And finally....ENJOY!

Prediction

Rams: 31
Cowboys:20

Yep, that's right folks...I have dem Rams winnin'. I think the D gives Romo some trouble. However, Dez Bryant gives the Rams some trouble scoring 2 touchdowns after the Rams take an early lead. I don't know what it is...but if the Rams go up against a top tier receiver, then that receiver will give them headaches. Last time the Cowboys played the Rams, Demarco Murray flat out embarrassed them. I don't see that being the case this time, as the run defense is 10x better this time around. He's a good back, and he'll give the Rams some problems, but I think the front 7 can prevent him from having a field day like last time. I still predict a lot of stupid mistakes by the Rams, but a few timely turnovers by the opponent will be what allows them to pull off the win.

Also, let's keep this going:

MaddHatter wrote:
Sig Bet

Cowboys Participants

Matts
MH
Slam
Ratherbehuntin
BigD88
Canadaluvsdallas

Rams Participants

Jrry22
MARIO MANGELINI
El Rammed
S-Jax39
Tom Shean
Brodie

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...

Last edited by Ramsfan28 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wing recipe sounds absolutely amazing!

It is really hard for me to get a judge off of the Boys. I haven't watched any of there play this season. I know there offensive line isn't in perfect working order so hopefully we can see our D laying on top of Romo a lot.

Everything I have seen says Claiborne is injured. I am not sure if he is playing this week. He would help there D but it is obvious that the amount of capable players plus Sam's immense capability of spreading the ball around is what this offense will be looking like all season long.

I hope our offense will open it up a bit earlier in this game. Be confident in our team and our players.

Pick 2 and 13
S-jax39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
lol at him saying that we realize we are still the rams.

Its funny, because the cowboys are much worst. You SHOULD be making playoffs. You SHOULDVE been winning divisions. But you have nothing to show with all that talent on your team, year after year. The rams are a tease but the cowboys are the ULTIMATE tease.

Whoa... The rams haven't had a winning record in a decade. The only teasing they've done over the past 10 years is whether they'll actually have the number 1 pick in the draft or have to settle for #2 AGAIN. Really, the only thing that separates the rams from the jaguars is the rams had the good fortune of really sucking the year Andrew Luck and RGIII both entered the draft. You were able to fleece the redskins. Good on you for that. But, as dysfunctional as the cowboys are... The rams have been terrible for the better part of a decade.

What I mean by we are a tease is that we show glimpses of being better than we are at multiple times during the season but never live up to that- just like the cowboys.

Last year despite having the much better team you guys finished with a whopping half a win more than us.

Both qbs had injury riddled seasons but Sam again had 7 wins his rookie year and in 2011 the cowboys had 8 wins.

So really, since Sam has been here you guy havent been much better than us at all. Which is sad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
That wing recipe sounds absolutely amazing!

They taste amazing! But they are pretty difficult to make...however, when done right, they are legit, "I can bring this to a cooking competition and hold my own" wings.

Also, let's get it hoppin' in here guys! I really want to get that thread frozen in Carbonite so I can give it to Andy Reid as a gift Twisted Evil

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed really really hard.

Is it bad that the first thing I thought to say is, "I have some cumin for ya!"? Confused

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God the real GDT is up, that other one made me wish we would let Texas separate from the rest of the US already...

We're gonna need the secondary to step up this week...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nice! Finally the Rams GDT is up!
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the recipe is WAY better in this thread lol...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely saw GDT and clicked immediately. I was so incredibly disappointed when I saw it wasn't the RF28 GDT. The saddest part of it all is that those Cow fans just don't know how great they are.

Jrry got any pregame screen shots of the Cows Offense and Defense and things we should look for in the game. ?

Pick 2 and 13
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Cowboys cheerleaders, I know one of them. Laughing

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
I sincerely saw GDT and clicked immediately. I was so incredibly disappointed when I saw it wasn't the RF28 GDT. The saddest part of it all is that those Cow fans just don't know how great they are.

Jrry got any pregame screen shots of the Cows Offense and Defense and things we should look for in the game. ?

Not this week. Didn't have time to create all of that stuff this week due to an exam. Sad

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

ajhicks11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

Not this week. Didn't have time to create all of that stuff this week due to an exam. Sad

Dang. Hope you did well. Have no doubts you probably did.

Pick 2 and 13
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm not sure if its because of the activity in the "imposter" GDT or what, but this could be your best one yet. Youre ability to come up with this stuff is quite remarkable. Also, thanks for my cameo appearance.

Side note, I had joined the sig bet.

Now lets just make sure Murray doesnt rush for 220 this time.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
D9-EM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Now that's a GDT!!! (and thanks for the name drop)

I've never thought about slow cooking in oil/fat. Very intrigued. I'll be trying your recipe soon.

Do you do any slow smoking? I'm in a never ending bbq competition with my old man. We usually start firing up our smokers in the fall and I need some ideas.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Dancing Dancing Applause that was great.. Finally it's up.

That recipe looks so great.. I need some now..

Thanks for the mention btw! I always pictured my self ordering people to "Firenze missiles!!!" Laughing

As for the game.. I can definitly see the both teams winning. The team with fewer turnovers will win this. After that last Game day thread I'm praying bradford has an AMAZING game. I honestly don't know what to think for this. My prediction...my absolute gut feeling is a rams win.

Rams 31
Cowboys 21

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: