Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PUP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbens06

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Richardson, JC Tretter, Jerel Worthy, Derek Sherrod

Richardson- IR. I know our safety play is not too good right now, but I really do not see him unseating Jennings/McMillin right now. Let the neck take a little extra time to heal and see what he can do to get better in the offseason.

Worthy- IR. The defensive line is heavy on depth right now. Like Richardson, let the knee take a little extra time to heal and head into the offseason with no lingering issues.

Tretter- Someone that I would like to see get added to the 53. Like Driftwood mentioned there is a 3 week time frame he can practice and see if he has stayed mentally sharp throughout his rehab. If he shows the slightest sign of being able to be a solid swing guy for the remainder of the year I would activate him. All honesty if either guard went down I think McCarthy would do a reshuffle and put Barclay at guard and Newhouse at RT.

Sherrod- 53 man roster. He may not contribute in any way, but at least we can give him the practice time to shake off the rust and see if he can be a contributor down the road. Even if it is just practicing as the scout team he is able to get his feet wet and get the footwork back.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
If anyone of these guys on the PUP gets cut, I've got a feeling it'll be Sherrod. He is Harrell 2.0.

Harrell had many different injuries. Sherrod has had 1 MAJOR injury that takes a ton to recover from. Mike Flanagan, the Packers C at one point had a similar break and it took him 2 full seasons to rehab and get back on the field. Sherrod just now is approaching that sort of timeline.

Can he come back? I have no way of knowing, but they aren't going to cut Sherrod now, KNOWING it was a LONG road back, until they get a chance to see what he can do. He's cheap enough that there is no reason to cut him instead of just putting him on IR.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SE500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"52 and 53 aren't active players who touch the ball 4-7 times a game."

Ross is proving he also should not be touching the ball.
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:

While that is true, he does have some talent on kick returns. He's young and wanted to show what he could do, and thusly made a couple bad decisions. Hopefully he'll learn but I don't think we'll cut Ross to make room for Sherrod or any of the other PUP guys. We have extra LB and the way they've been play Neal at OLB and the fact he's actually played ok leads me to believe it would be likely a LB to go.
dijatool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
If anyone of these guys on the PUP gets cut, I've got a feeling it'll be Sherrod. He is Harrell 2.0.

Why would they cut anyone? The money is already committed, if they can't get off PUP they'll roll into IR.

The PUP rules have also shifted a bit this year, giving (I think) an extra week or so to get started practicing with the same three week window thereafter.

NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:
Frank-O wrote:

Why would they cut anyone? The money is already committed, if they can't get off PUP they'll roll into IR.

The PUP rules have also shifted a bit this year, giving (I think) an extra week or so to get started practicing with the same three week window thereafter.

Agreed. I just don't see any of these guys coming back, especially Sherrod.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
One of them might be 52, but Ross is 53.

As much as most of us would like to see Jeremy Ross released, it's not gong to happen. The Packers aren't going to risk further injury to Randall Cobb especially with his expanded role on offense, and there really isn't another capable return man. So unless the Packers sign someone else, Jeremy Ross isn't the 52nd or 53rd man on the roster. I'd put decent money on Lane Taylor being #53.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:

He wasn't terrible last year. He also has some potential, particularly at punt returns. Maybe we need to try someone else on kicks though.

We're also not going to 4 wide receivers. It's not him.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
SE500 wrote:

He wasn't terrible last year. He also has some potential, particularly at punt returns. Maybe we need to try someone else on kicks though.

Blocking needs to improve on ST
Pick6byWoodson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
SE500 wrote:

Yeah, seriously. I'm confused at all this Ross hate. I think people forget how good he was on returns last year.
rbens06

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see it's own thread, so thought bumping this was easier. Just to note Sherrod has been practicing all week. Not sure if we can really expect anything from him and Bak is holding is own. However, with all the injury news I thought it is a nice change of pace to get some positive news about someone.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
I didn't see it's own thread, so thought bumping this was easier. Just to note Sherrod has been practicing all week. Not sure if we can really expect anything from him and Bak is holding is own. However, with all the injury news I thought it is a nice change of pace to get some positive news about someone.

...and you were right good sir. Can't wait to see this thing play out with Sherrod. A healthy Sherrod has the most god given talent of the position group on this Packers club. What has been lost? Sadly, there is a good chance we will not see until next season unless injury hits. Mac is not the type of coach that is going to move them around in season unless one of them is clearly a weak link. Though I for one feel Sherrod is(or was) three times the tackle prospect Barclay is, Barclay has not played himself out of a job.

In a ideal world:

2014 OL
LT - Sherrod - Newhouse
LG - Sitton - Barclay - Tretter
C - Bak - Tretter - Barclay
RG - Lang - Barclay - Tretter
RT - Bulaga - Newhouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

...and you were right good sir. Can't wait to see this thing play out with Sherrod. A healthy Sherrod has the most god given talent of the position group on this Packers club. What has been lost? Sadly, there is a good chance we will not see until next season unless injury hits. Mac is not the type of coach that is going to move them around in season unless one of them is clearly a weak link. Though I for one feel Sherrod is(or was) three times the tackle prospect Barclay is, Barclay has not played himself out of a job.

In a ideal world:

2014 OL
LT - Sherrod - Newhouse
RT - Bulaga - Newhouse

I like the looks of it. Do you think they would move Bak to center though? He seems like a good fit, just hard to see them making that move without him having the experience there.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

In a ideal world:

2014 OL
LT - Sherrod - Newhouse
RT - Bulaga - Newhouse

I like the looks of it. Do you think they would move Bak to center though? He seems like a good fit, just hard to see them making that move without him having the experience there.

LIS, that's in a ideal world where Sherrod has not lost a step and you want to get your best five on the field. I do feel Bak could play center though and can tell you for a fact many teams graded him out there. Very high football IQ and the movement skills work also. There would clearly be some growing pains but I bet Bak would get that thing right quicker than most.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

In a ideal world:

2014 OL
LT - Sherrod - Newhouse
RT - Bulaga - Newhouse

LIS, that's in a ideal world where Sherrod has not lost a step and you want to get your best five on the field. I do feel Bak could play center though and can tell you for a fact many teams graded him out there. Very high football IQ and the movement skills work also. There would clearly be some growing pains but I bet Bak would get that thing right quicker than most.

Assuming Sherrod will take some time to get there and Bulaga comes back healthy next year, do you keep Bak on the left side?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: