Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Seahawks vs Jaguars, Sunday 4:25 EDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What happens?
Seahawks win 20+
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Seahawks win 10+
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Jaguars take the game to the 4th QTR, Seahawks win Close
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Game goes into overtime
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Interceptdown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Game called off due to spontaneous Lightning Storm
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Seahawks arrive late after Lynch stops team bus at 7/11 for Skittles
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Lynch turns bus back around to grab Grill and Ski Mask from Home
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Bus breaks down after Lynch tries to "Beast Mode" through traffic en route to the Game
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
.............Jaguars win
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Chancellor is underrated IMO. That guy is a beast. So glad we extended him.
Underrated? Who does that? I've only seen him on this whole forum as the SS everyone wants on their team.

And it's fitting that this wasn't said until he made a play. Laughing

Everyone talks about his bad coverage but that he's amazing in the box. Now, do I think his coverage is as good as his intimidation factor or run support? No, but it's VASTLY underrated compared to what 90% of the people who mention it think.

Agreed, I've said this since he came out of VaTech. He has always been dinged for his coverage because he's a bigger guy that can't really man-up on anyone outside of good-but-not-great TEs, but he truly excels at passing plays that are in front of him, which is exactly what you ask of your SS.
It's what we ask of our SS. What we ask Kam to do is vastly different from today's NFL SS. He's great for our scheme and definitely playing better than he did last year (the injury was a factor to be sure). I think he's playing at a pro-bowl level, though I don't think he would be in most schemes.

I think you're not only really selling Kam's abilities short, but you're also really misjudging how different we use our SS to other teams. Sure, a lot of teams have moved to a two high safety look which breeds almost a dual FS system, but PLENTY of teams still use pretty much a traditional SS the same way we do. Does the system help Kam? Sure, the system also helps Brandon Browner, Chris Clemons, and Bruce Irvin. So?

EDIT: You could make an argument for a lot of the best players in this league that they are better because of their scheme. Unless you're going to go around and pick apart each and every player for not being able to perform in every single scheme, I don't really see the reason to knock a player for their scheme. Everyone is brought in for a specific responsibility on their team, and if they are excelling at that responsibility they are proving to be an excellent player.

I don't know why you have this pattern of discrediting Kam. I really don't.
I discredited him last year because he simply wasn't that the same guy as 2010-2011 a lot of games.

Kam is in a special place for his talents to be maximized. As are Clemons, Irvin, and Browner, yes. Every good team brings in players to fit a scheme/develops a scheme around its players. All I am saying is that within our scheme we've created a role that REALLY fits Kam's talents.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have no qualms with that, but to that point, Kam Chancellor is close to the prototypical player Pete would have at his SS position, so that's saying something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: