Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Seahawks vs Jaguars, Sunday 4:25 EDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What happens?
Seahawks win 20+
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Seahawks win 10+
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Jaguars take the game to the 4th QTR, Seahawks win Close
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Game goes into overtime
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Interceptdown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Game called off due to spontaneous Lightning Storm
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Seahawks arrive late after Lynch stops team bus at 7/11 for Skittles
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Lynch turns bus back around to grab Grill and Ski Mask from Home
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Bus breaks down after Lynch tries to "Beast Mode" through traffic en route to the Game
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
.............Jaguars win
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took that as, shhhhh dont tell anybody we scored. We arent supposed to try and win any games lol
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to watch an entire Seahawks game, even got to watch some early action and the SNF game, too.

It was nice to see the offense finally get into a groove. The run game was working, the pass game was working, nobody put up huge numbers but everyone got involved in some way. Even though Jacksonville is not a good team, this kind of performance is something the team can definitely build on.

The defense looked savage early on, just wrecked any hope Jacksonville had. Bobby Wagner's INT was top shelf. Whatever momentum the Jags might have taken from us on the fumble was wiped out on that pick and the subsequent drive before halftime.

After half the coaching staff applied the brakes hard on the D. It was still a fine performance. The D really only gave up 10 points. The first Jags TD was all on Wilson for making a hideously bad decision to throw to Tate in the middle of the field from his own end zone. It was the first time in a year and a half that I've truly been disappointed in a Russell Wilson decision because it went beyond a rookie mistake and was just a dumb play to try to make. After that the D gave up 3 points with some starters in, but the last TD by Todman was straight garbage time. The score was not indicative of how well the D played, especially in the first half, when the game was still somewhat in doubt to someone, somewhere Laughing

Stats aside, it was nice to see the bench get emptied and guys like Lotuleilei, Maragos, Bailey, and Michael get some reps during live game action. That's only going to help this team get better. One more game to go until we get Irvin back now, too.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any early updates on Red Bryant? In game broadcast said he left with a back injury. Hopefully just a precaution.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I noticed is the underneath passing against our D has yet to be seen this season. Very good to see. With Sherm and Browner on the outside there is no where to go. Middle of the field has been looking great as well. Very happy the pass defense has improved in the weak areas from last year through 3 games.

Run D has been solid too. Looking forward to the Houston test next week.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
silus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC West needs to turn it around.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Chancellor is underrated IMO. That guy is a beast. So glad we extended him.
Underrated? Who does that? I've only seen him on this whole forum as the SS everyone wants on their team.

And it's fitting that this wasn't said until he made a play. Laughing

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Underrated? Who does that? I've only seen him on this whole forum as the SS everyone wants on their team.

Everyone talks about his bad coverage but that he's amazing in the box. Now, do I think his coverage is as good as his intimidation factor or run support? No, but it's VASTLY underrated compared to what 90% of the people who mention it think.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

Everyone talks about his bad coverage but that he's amazing in the box. Now, do I think his coverage is as good as his intimidation factor or run support? No, but it's VASTLY underrated compared to what 90% of the people who mention it think.
His deep coverage is bad, there's no two ways about that. He plays the hook zone nicely.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

Agreed, I've said this since he came out of VaTech. He has always been dinged for his coverage because he's a bigger guy that can't really man-up on anyone outside of good-but-not-great TEs, but he truly excels at passing plays that are in front of him, which is exactly what you ask of your SS.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched PC's post game press conference. Sounds like Red Bryant had back spasms flare up and Jermaine Kearse sprained an ankle in the first half. That's all the injury news I could gather from listening to PC.

Maybe my computer sound isn't the best but PC's voice sounded wrecked, lol, seemed like his whole lower jaw was swollen. I know he's probably yelling over the crowd noise a lot, but I've listened to other pressers he's done and he's never sounded this bad before. Shocked
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

Agreed, I've said this since he came out of VaTech. He has always been dinged for his coverage because he's a bigger guy that can't really man-up on anyone outside of good-but-not-great TEs, but he truly excels at passing plays that are in front of him, which is exactly what you ask of your SS.
It's what we ask of our SS. What we ask Kam to do is vastly different from today's NFL SS. He's great for our scheme and definitely playing better than he did last year (the injury was a factor to be sure). I think he's playing at a pro-bowl level, though I don't think he would be in most schemes.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

It's what we ask of our SS. What we ask Kam to do is vastly different from today's NFL SS. He's great for our scheme and definitely playing better than he did last year (the injury was a factor to be sure). I think he's playing at a pro-bowl level, though I don't think he would be in most schemes.

Many of our players wouldn't be as good in other schemes. That's what makes this team so great IMO. Many of the players we have we snagged them as outstanding value in the draft due to the fact that they were limited prospects coming out of college. What they excelled at though was what we needed at that position and allowed them to fall further. Our defensive scheme has been a blessing on so many levels. I truly love the term for our players/defense as "land of misfits" because it's true. Anywhere else, you'd be lucky to see the same production, but together, under this scheme, they're ready for war and slaughter the opposition.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The niners are expected to be missing Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith and possible Nmandi and Davis this Thursday.

If they lose to the rams, we have a 3 game lead on them.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
The niners are expected to be missing Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith and possible Nmandi and Davis this Thursday.

If they lose to the rams, we have a 3 game lead on them.

I was more worried about the Rams heading into the season in all honesty. Their D-Line will make our inconsistent O-Line look like a revolving door if they don't get their issues sorted out. Quinn and Long will run circles around our tackles.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

I think you're not only really selling Kam's abilities short, but you're also really misjudging how different we use our SS to other teams. Sure, a lot of teams have moved to a two high safety look which breeds almost a dual FS system, but PLENTY of teams still use pretty much a traditional SS the same way we do. Does the system help Kam? Sure, the system also helps Brandon Browner, Chris Clemons, and Bruce Irvin. So?

EDIT: You could make an argument for a lot of the best players in this league that they are better because of their scheme. Unless you're going to go around and pick apart each and every player for not being able to perform in every single scheme, I don't really see the reason to knock a player for their scheme. Everyone is brought in for a specific responsibility on their team, and if they are excelling at that responsibility they are proving to be an excellent player.

I don't know why you have this pattern of discrediting Kam. I really don't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: