Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you have made the trade for Richardson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was anyone else wondering if T rich had to call his grandma?

I like the trade for both teams, he was just gonna waste away on the browns and wouldnt have helped them any. Also helps my fantasy team.

For miami theirs no way I would have made this trade. I too am a believer in RB can be had in any round. So yeah, Id rather see us upgrade our Oline.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
SUG wrote:
I would NOT have made that trade in Mia.
I'd make it if it were a legit 1st rnd OL talent but never for a RB.

I think that Indy felt like a marquee RB would be a significant improvement to both the Off & Def.
On the other hand I applaud the move for Cle.
They were loosing even with him in the line up meaning they have other issues needing resolve.

sug

My problem with Cleveland's side of the trade is that they gave in the towel too soon. To me, this screams "We have given up on this season already and now we are playing for the top pick in the draft and a late 1st rounder."

Richardson was their best offensive weapon right now. They even benched their starting QB for a someone else. I don't see Cleveland hitting .500 this season.

They didn't bench their QB. He's injured.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
skatewood2 wrote:
SUG wrote:

I think that Indy felt like a marquee RB would be a significant improvement to both the Off & Def.
They were loosing even with him in the line up meaning they have other issues needing resolve.

sug

My problem with Cleveland's side of the trade is that they gave in the towel too soon. To me, this screams "We have given up on this season already and now we are playing for the top pick in the draft and a late 1st rounder."

Richardson was their best offensive weapon right now. They even benched their starting QB for a someone else. I don't see Cleveland hitting .500 this season.

Well as I've said many times, if your QB isnt the best player on Off, you built it wrong.
I can only wish that Ireland had half of the vision Lombardi is demonstrating.
This move is about Brandon Weeden more than anything, lets not kid ourselves.

In todays NFL RBs are disposable, your better off investing in QB then Oline then WR.

sug
skatewood2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
skatewood2 wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

I didn't hear about the thumb injury until right now. It must be pretty bad, I saw Trent Green play with a huge bandage on his thumb and still play pretty good.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be clear, I would not have ever drafted Richardson much less trade for him. He is a RB and my stance for years has been they are easily found based on the system you run. I do believe he will do better with the Colts than with Cleveland. The Colts have some very good run designs. I can thing of several examples of runningbacks flourishing with scheme change (Jerome Bettis from Rams to Steelers) & Ronnie Brown (when Cam was the head coach).
Deadeye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Lets be clear, I would not have ever drafted Richardson much less trade for him. He is a RB and my stance for years has been they are easily found based on the system you run. I do believe he will do better with the Colts than with Cleveland. The Colts have some very good run designs. I can thing of several examples of runningbacks flourishing with scheme change (Jerome Bettis from Rams to Steelers) & Ronnie Brown (when Cam was the head coach).
That position is similar to what I think with one exception: players like Ladanien Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, and Chris Johnson all justify being selected in the top ten based on their explosiveness and game changing capabilities. I said earlier that the Browns pick of TR was horrible, that doesn't mean TR is horrible. He's a solid to good RB, but if he's taken at #3 overall, he has be like the players I listed. Otherwise IMO the pick is horrible.
Deets

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

I agree with this fellow

FF Member #67
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not have made the trade for Miami I am not big on 1st round RB's

I think its a great trade for the browns

I do think he will be successful in pep Hamilton system power run with luck play action. Trent will be a good blocker in pass pro and a outlet for luck.
Offerdahl56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you guys wouldn't trade a pick in the 20's
For a 22 year old one cut power RB who has out produced
All our RB careers in one year?
You wouldn't add him to a young core offense
And then fill our O-line with the next 4 picks?
You wanna keep swinging for the millers/Thomas
And hope they hit?
VERY interesting thought process!?!
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offerdahl56 wrote:
And hope they hit?
VERY interesting thought process!?!

You are assuming Richardson could run behind this O-line?? VERY interesting thought process!?!?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
That position is similar to what I think with one exception: players like Ladanien Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, and Chris Johnson all justify being selected in the top ten based on their explosiveness and game changing capabilities. I said earlier that the Browns pick of TR was horrible, that doesn't mean TR is horrible. He's a solid to good RB, but if he's taken at #3 overall, he has be like the players I listed. Otherwise IMO the pick is horrible.

Let this be the last time you use Chris Johnson's name in the same sentence as Barry Sanders, Tomlinson or Peterson. CJ is a mediocre RB. His only gift is that he is fast.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offerdahl56 wrote:
Since when did outperforming Dolphin RBs become the measure of a quality 1st round pick?

I would argue that 1st round picks should almost never be used on RB, the lone exceptions being:
1 - A player like Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson is the RB.
2 - A team like SF is making the pick, and they have very few holes to fill and can afford to pursue the RB position.

Richardson isn't in the same category as Tomlinson, Sanders, or Peterson. And the Colts and Browns both have too many holes to fill to be tossing first rounders at RBs.

Offerdahl56 wrote:
Ireland (or our next GM) isn't going to spend the first five picks on offense, and I wouldn't either. Very few teams every actually do what you are suggesting.

My strategy would be to use a first or second round pick on the o-line, and then follow that up with also using a third or fourth on the o-line. We need WR much more than RB, that would be the other high pick. I'd love for us to find an Alfred Morris type RB in the 5th or 6th round. Fixing the o-line is the solution to our running game woes, not spending a #1 on a RB who only averaged 3.5 yards behind a crappy line last season.

Offerdahl56 wrote:
And hope they hit?
I never endorsed the Thomas pick. The Miller pick was fine,especially where we got him (high 4th). At some point it would be nice to add 2nd or 3rd round RB that has enough shiftyness to make something out of nothing. But the top priority is the o-line.

The final determination on the TR trade can only be made when we see what the available players are when the Browns exercise the Colts pick.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Let this be the last time you use Chris Johnson's name in the same sentence as Barry Sanders, Tomlinson or Peterson. CJ is a mediocre RB. His only gift is that he is fast.
CJ certainly is the least of those RBs, and may be mediocre now because he is small for a RB and has lost a step along with some desire. But at his peak he wasn't mediocre. You simply can't gain 2000 yards averaging over 5.5 yards per carry as mediocre RB. And that wasn't his only great season.

For anyone who thinks I place CJ at the same level as AP, LT, or Sanders, for the record I do not. But I do place CJ in the category of a RB worthy of a first round pick, which is why I mentioned him.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamar Miller averaged a much better YPC than Bush last season, who was a high first round pick.
AngryFinFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBs don't have the same value they use too. The passing game is where the NFL is now and I think we have the skill position players just need some upgrades on the o line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: