Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you have made the trade for Richardson?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stepover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Would you have made the trade for Richardson? Reply with quote

As the subject says. The Dolphins are 2-0 and look like a competitive team but the running game looks unconvincing. A lot of people are saying that the Colts have made this move because they feel they are a Superbowl team now with the addition of Richardson. While I don't agree, those same commentators would (it stands to reason) have to consider the Dolphins a Superbowl team with Richardson (since we just beat them!).

So if you were Jeff Ireland and Cleveland had said "We'll trade you TRich for next year's first rounder" what would you think?

I am assuming the response will probably be an overwhelming "NO" but I'm interested. Trent Richardson for what is likely to be a pick in the draft between 16-24.
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. A RB for a first wouldnt put us over the hump, in any way.

And going into next years draft RB wouldnt be a top need.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No...

I am a firm believer that RB's can be had in pretty much every round and are too dependent on the O-line to be worth a 1st round...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way!

Browns made a HORRIBLE pick at #3. And now the Colts have made a HORRIBLE trade. That first rounder could be as high as #15 or 16. Let's just see whose available next May and I'll bet they'll wish they had their pick back.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
No way!

Browns made a HORRIBLE pick at #3. And now the Colts have made a HORRIBLE trade. That first rounder could be as high as #15 or 16. Let's just see whose available next May and I'll bet they'll wish they had their pick back.

They could end up with one of the top QB's and top G/WR/CBs....this is a great move by the Browns...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
No way!

This is horrible for a team that likes to power run the ball? A team that likes a balanced run game with a vertical passing attack? This was a smart move by the Colts.

A terrible Pick at #3? I'm not sure if you know who Jim Brown is but Jim Brown was a great runningback in the NFL and Richardson only broke his Td record and missed a couple of games...... Terrible pick, I don't agree.

I think you are off base on both accounts.

Anyway, I would have made the trade for a 2nd. A lot of you talk about how he wouldn't have fit because we are a zone blocking scheme. We aren't an entirely zone blocking scheme since we do pull Incognito and Pouncey. Also, Alabama is a man up, one cut blocking scheme that also uses some Zone. To me he would have been a huge upgrade over Thomas.

UniversalAuthor
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. A 2nd yes.

Fact is that running backs are hot one year and the next cold and its due to the OL. Week 1 we had horrible run blocking and week 2 was better. You look at guys like ray rice, arian foster, jamal charles and they all had breakout years. The back ups are doing just as good.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I wouldn't have done it. But mainly because I still think Lamar Miller can be effective in this offense. I think it is a good trade for the Colts. It is like Peyton Manning and Edgerrin James never left Indy. It's not fair lol.
If they figure out a way to get Luck more protection the Colts will be the team to beat in the AFC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd make that trade for one of their Joes.

Sig by: PatsDynasty21
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Dolphins, no. I would not have made that trade. I WOULD have held onto Reggie Bush instead. However, I can understand why the Colts made the trade. Their offense COULD take it to the next level with Richardson. In general, I don't subscribe to the notion that all RB's are created equal, but I do believe there are more important positions on which to spend draft picks.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would NOT have made that trade in Mia.
I'd make it if it were a legit 1st rnd OL talent but never for a RB.

I think that Indy felt like a marquee RB would be a significant improvement to both the Off & Def.
On the other hand I applaud the move for Cle.
They were loosing even with him in the line up meaning they have other issues needing resolve.

sug
skatewood2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your asking if I would have made the trade if I was the Colts GM? In a heartbeat, without even thinking about it. You get a great/powerful/young back to go along with your young/talented/HOF to be QB and you are going to be a force to reckon with for a long time. Not only that, but there is a good chance that the pick you just traded away was in the 20-32 range if not the 31st/32nd pick so it was a very good trade.

Now if your asking if I woudl have made the trade if I was JI? Not a chance in hell. Going into next years draft the most important position we will be after is O-Line IMO. I really like Miller as our RB and he will improve as the O-Line gets better. So RB is not our issue IMO, it's the O-Line.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
skatewood2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
I would NOT have made that trade in Mia.
I'd make it if it were a legit 1st rnd OL talent but never for a RB.

I think that Indy felt like a marquee RB would be a significant improvement to both the Off & Def.
On the other hand I applaud the move for Cle.
They were loosing even with him in the line up meaning they have other issues needing resolve.

sug

My problem with Cleveland's side of the trade is that they gave in the towel too soon. To me, this screams "We have given up on this season already and now we are playing for the top pick in the draft and a late 1st rounder."

Richardson was their best offensive weapon right now. They even benched their starting QB for a someone else. I don't see Cleveland hitting .500 this season.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cleveland made a brilliant move. They figured out their QB wasn't cutting it and they cut bait on the season. They might as well, because without a QB and with that terrible O-line they were not going anywhere this year. Now they should have a top 10 pick as well as another pick to dangle in a trade to go up and get either Mariota or Bridgewater. At the end of the day that's what wins championships.

The other winner in this trade was T-Rich. He will see a lot more daylight running for Indy. Teams won't be able to stack the box against him. I think it was the Miami game that convinced Indy that they needed a running back to take pressure of Luck. Our defense didn't even try to stop their run game.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:

My problem with Cleveland's side of the trade is that they gave in the towel too soon. To me, this screams "We have given up on this season already and now we are playing for the top pick in the draft and a late 1st rounder."

This. I get what Cleveland is doing, I just am surprised at how early in the season they threw in the towel. My guess is that the two losses, combined with the thumb injury to Weeden had the team seeing little to no hope for the playoffs and they took the opportunity since it presented itself. I get it, but I think it was earlier than needed.

On a side note, it may also be that Cleveland just didn't think Richardson is a blue chip player after having seen him up close for an extended period. Not that he can't be effective, but perhaps the Browns simply didn't view him as a major difference maker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: