Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Week Three: BAL Ravens vs HOU Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Biggest story-line for this game?
Ed Reed returning to the Bank' wearing an opposing uniform.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Ray Lewis induction into the Ring of Honor.
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Can Dean Pees not fail against a competent offense?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
How will we look against a fellow playoff contender?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
Is it anyway possible ED Dickson starts next week? Dallas Clark has shown A LOT more in his time here than ED has in his entire career here. What happened to him? He was Antonio Gates-Light? Don't get it.

Indeed he is... but that "lite" part, is the fact that Dickson has no hands.

If Dickson had hands, no way he wouldn't be playing at a probowl level. In his time here he's had little trouble with actually getting open to make plays... it's been the whole, "making plays" part that has thwarted him.

Also B-Terp, I loved your breakdown of the game. Very complete. Was going to join in, but you covered it all.

The only thing I would add was in the part about Webb.

Both Jimmy Smith and Lardarius Webb seemed to be beat nearly equal by Hopkins. I think the ratio there was 3/2/1 (Smith/Webb/Graham).

And I believe Webb got beat twice by Keshawn Martin as well. And again, I think Smith got beat 2 or 3 times.

And Andre Johnson had about two receptions on Smith (from the point I started watching at the end of the 1st) and about two on Webb.

I thought Smith, outside of the one pass defended on Martin where Martin couldn't haul it in for what would have been a huge gain over the middle... I think he had a good game. Consistently got his head around in time. Didn't overly bite on moves so as to give up double moves down the field (which is one reason why I didn't think that first Hopkins comeback route/reception wasn't a big deal). Last year against the Texans, Jimmy Smith was shredded by the double moves and was getting beat left and right. Along with his play against the Browns, I think Smith is finally turning the corner.

He's getting his head around much more often... and that was really his only issue in coverage besides footing (he's had multiple slips this season). His coverage has usually been tight, but against Denver he couldn't get his head around. Same in preseason.

But I definitely liked the way he matched up with Andre Johnson before he left the game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an outsiders view but, if there was any doubt about Ray Rice' ranking in the NFL, there shouldn't be now.

Bernard Pierce imo, did nothing yesterday EXCEPT prove that Ray Rice is at worst, a Top 5 RB, possibly top 3. The Ravens' running game had spurts of success but it's just not the same with Rice on the sideline, hopefully he gets back soon...After October 20 would be nice Laughing

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
This is an outsiders view but, if there was any doubt about Ray Rice' ranking in the NFL, there shouldn't be now.

Bernard Pierce imo, did nothing yesterday EXCEPT prove that Ray Rice is at worst, a Top 5 RB, possibly top 3. The Ravens' running game had spurts of success but it's just not the same with Rice on the sideline, hopefully he gets back soon...After October 20 would be nice Laughing

Well TBH our running game has looked pedestrian at best all year long. It's Rice's versatility as a pass-catcher that sets him apart, but honestly I think BP is the better runner.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:

You do realize that Ray Rice is averaging only 2.9 YPC this season, right?

Let's not act like Pierce was sucking under conditions that Rice thrived in.

Our blocking scheme has been utter crap and both our backs haven't been able to get much room to do anything as they're constantly getting hit in the backfield.

If anything, Pierce has been better this season with taking contact in the backfield and at least turning it back into a hit for no loss when in comparison to Rice.

Rice is drastically better as an open field targets, but Pierce is just as good, if not better as a runner. Had Rice played this game I'm sure his YPC average would have dropped even further as well... likely would be at about 2.7 or so.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I've actually liked the burst I've seen from Rice this season thus far, I just think our blocking has led to too many hits in the backfield at this point. I think we're going to see a game soon where he has something like a 7 or 8 YPC. From what I've seen it just looks like he's hitting creases better than he did in 2012 (when they are there, at least).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Ed Dickson, the comparison to Antonio Gates couldn't be farther from the truth.

In fact, I think Dickson actually compares to a young Dallas Clark moreso than Antonio Gates. Dickson was known for his speed and being a receiving TE, not a blocker. Now, Dickson is known for doing absolutely nothing and he still can't block...

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

You do realize that Ray Rice is averaging only 2.9 YPC this season, right?

Let's not act like Pierce was sucking under conditions that Rice thrived in.

This x100. Pierce HAS been the better runner in this brief year, and Rice sat against the toughest front-7. It's not the backs that are the problem, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: