Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Week Three: BAL Ravens vs HOU Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Biggest story-line for this game?
Ed Reed returning to the Bank' wearing an opposing uniform.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Ray Lewis induction into the Ring of Honor.
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Can Dean Pees not fail against a competent offense?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
How will we look against a fellow playoff contender?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, if the Steelers lose tonight and they're all alone in last place in the division. When's the last time that could be said?

Course, I think they'll pull out a win tonight, but still.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Man, if the Steelers lose tonight and they're all alone in last place in the division. When's the last time that could be said?

Idk but I'm certainly going to relish it!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Rebllious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens D making Ray Lewis proud. No TD allowed in 2 games after week 1 performance. Well done guys!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills lose. Manuel with extremely happy feet towards the end of the game. We need to blitz the hell out of him next week; a scared rookie is an ineffective rookie.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Bills lose. Manuel with extremely happy feet towards the end of the game. We need to blitz the hell out of him next week; a scared rookie is an ineffective rookie.

Blitz the hell out of him and not allow those deep passes. WHen he gets scared he throws deep.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Nope. Matt Forte is going to show the world just how far the Steelers have fallen.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Nope. Matt Forte is going to show the world just how far the Steelers have fallen.

Goddamit if Forte goes off and you beat me... Mad

I hope the Bears win but Forte rushes for -10 yards with 8 fumbles.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, I'm counting on Matt Prater too. Denver should be moving the ball at will against Oakland so the opportunities will be aplenty. Let's all pray for some tough Raider redzone defense. Pray

... Oh, yeah. Embarassed
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we just go ahead and extend Daryl Smith's contract right now, btw

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, I have a feeling that a lot of Texans fans didn't like what they saw from Ed Reed today. His team was getting whipped by mutliple scores and he looked like he couldn't be bothered, hell even could have convinced me he was happy to see the Ravens winning. He's a nonchalant dude to begin with who doesn't really adhere to a lot of traditional norms but he definitely looked prettycomfortable with what was going on today. Not to mention the only plays he showed up in was getting beat deep by Torrey and getting away with it on the Kubiak challenge and then getting hurdled by Pierce.

Granted, it was his first game back, there's a lot of football left to play, and it was a strange circumstance with him debuting against his old team with Ray Lewis in the building too, but he definitely didn't do anything today to dispel the notion in some circles that he was looking for a nice sunset package and payday wherever he could get it and that his heart's not in the game as much anymore.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may be true. As far as on the field though. I don't recall Joe throwing it anywhere near Reed once.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
That may be true. As far as on the field though. I don't recall Joe throwing it anywhere near Reed once.

Got him on the deep pass that Torrey pulled in but was overturned as incomplete after a challenge. I think that was the only time we targeted him but it was a pretty conservative offensive gameplan to begin with where we didn't start throwing deep till the one drive in the 3rd quarter that put the game away. Maybe that in itself was our respect for Reed's ability, but he didn't really look all that great out there. Not entirely fair to judge him on his first game back after a long time out, though.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the entire game, Flacco took 2 shots at Smith right against the sideline at the start of the 3rd. He seemed very reluctant to target the deep middle of the field. I'm not sure how much of that is Reed or just the offensive system, but I think that was the value Reed provided in recent years.

With how good their front-7 is, I think Reed is going to be a great addition for them as the season goes on.

Edit: Ed Dickson had a deep right target on the first McKinnie facemask penalty as well.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it anyway possible ED Dickson starts next week? Dallas Clark has shown A LOT more in his time here than ED has in his entire career here. What happened to him? He was Antonio Gates-Light? Don't get it.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
Is it anyway possible ED Dickson starts next week? Dallas Clark has shown A LOT more in his time here than ED has in his entire career here. What happened to him? He was Antonio Gates-Light? Don't get it.

Dickson starts because he's a better blocker. While not great he's definitely better than Clark in that regard. Just about anybody is. I get the feeling that Dickson won't be back next season. He's not a particularly good blocker and for a receiving TE he's far too inconsistent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: