Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Week Three: BAL Ravens vs HOU Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Biggest story-line for this game?
Ed Reed returning to the Bank' wearing an opposing uniform.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Ray Lewis induction into the Ring of Honor.
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Can Dean Pees not fail against a competent offense?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
How will we look against a fellow playoff contender?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
A couple questions:

1) How did we fare with JJ Watt? I heard McKinnie was getting owned early on.

Watt was a menace all day. Yanda was the only one who could really contain him though Gradkowski had a couple of good moments as well. We were getting no push in the running game and a big reason for that was Watt's presence. McKinnie got called for a couple of facemask penalties early on, can't remember against who, but one of them was a ticky tack call that wiped out a big gain to Ed Dickson and the other was a completely earned one where he mugged a guy after getting beat. All in all he was the same guy we're getting used to seeing: useless in the run game and average with bad lapses as well as streaks of great play as a pass protector.

Quote:
2) How did Webby do today? I see Hopkins only got 6 fantasy points so I assume he did well.

Could have had a pick on a deep pass by Schaub where he had his guy completely covered, but couldn't bring the ball in. Other than that, I rarely heard his name called, and a big reason for that was that he wasn't giving up many completions/the ball wasn't being thrown his way. Gave up a couple of short gains to Andre Johnson and tackled beautifully. Hopkins carved out the intermediate routes a bit in the 2nd half but most of his catches seemed to happen against Jimmy Smith, who didn't have a bad game but wasn't anything amazing either.

Quote:
3) How did Suggs/Doom and the front 7 look?

Pretty great. Cody went down injured early on but even with the DL guys not getting to sit very often they did a great job holding up at the point of attack and getting after Schaub on passing plays. Ngata and Arty Jones both had sacks. Suggs was magnificent, had a sack on a picture perfect spin move and he and Dumervil were getting very consistent pressure all in all. The Texans really missed Duane Brown today. Upshaw even got in on the action diagnosing a screen play perfectly and blowing it up in the backfield. And obviously there was Daryl Smith jumping a route and getting the pick-six that woke the whole team up. Defense was outstanding all in all, front 7 especially.

Quote:
4) How did Flacco play?

I thought he played well. The numbers aren't gaudy but he got no chance in the 1st half because of penalties and a bad running game giving him just a couple of possessions to work with and either 1st and 25's or 3rd and longs to throw off of, and then with the pick-six followed by PR touchdown he didn't get to touch the ball for the last several minutes of the 1st half. Offense was miserable in the 1st half as a whole but a lot of that wasn't Flacco.

It definitely seemed like we opened up the offense a bit in the 2nd half, we started sending Torrey deeper and it forced them to back off a bit rather than crowding the box like they were doing in the 1st half to snuff out our ineffective short passing game.

In the 2nd half he strung together some good drives, starting from our 1st drive out of halftime when he hit on a couple of 3rd and longs to Torrey Smith to help us get down the field for the touchdown that started to put the game out of reach. Finally showed some good timing and understanding with Dallas Clark as well. We were moving the chains pretty much whenever we put the ball in Joe's hands. Once we got up to 24-9 Caldwell started trying to run the clock down so we didn't see as much in the way of passing and so we just finished the game out with 2 more FG drives with Flacco hitting on a couple of key passes along the way. He also did a great job of mixing up the snap count and was able to draw Cushing and Mercilus offsides multiple times each.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
A couple questions:

1) How did we fare with JJ Watt? I heard McKinnie was getting owned early on.

2) How did Webby do today? I see Hopkins only got 6 fantasy points so I assume he did well.

3) How did Suggs/Doom and the front 7 look?

4) How did Flacco play?

1. Not great, not terrible. Could do worse against a beast like that.

2. Played well. Allowed a couple completions, but made some nice tackles. Hopkins had a pretty good game even thought the stats are surprisingly low, though it wasn't all against Webb.

3. Pretty great. Doom didn't stand out, but Suggs did.

4. Very good moving the chains. Hit a couple shots to Smith. Nothing outstanding, but a satisfying performance.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, glad we got our first complete victory of the season today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General is funny.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
General is funny.

Nah, Harper41, however, is HILARIOUS!

"Linebackers are average at best"

"Secondary is trash"

"Defense hasn't proven anything"

"Defense has taken a step back from last year"

All completely hilarious statements that he's playing off as facts based on watching NFL Redzone and highlights of games.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
General is funny.

Box score scouting FTW.

Best part is when the dood thinks he's proven his point by showing that our scoring defense is ranked 27th this year and must suck then and doesn't stop long enough to realize his stats are only for the first 2 weeks.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
nevermore wrote:
General is funny.

Box score scouting FTW.

Best part is when the dood thinks he's proven his point by showing that our scoring defense is ranked 27th this year and must suck then and doesn't stop long enough to realize his stats are only for the first 2 weeks.

And then goes "oh crap, I'm wrong, better start dropping personal attacks!"

What a guy he is!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, I wonder how the media is gonna deal with the fact that the 49ers have looked like absolute poop 2 weeks in a row.
I know SnA is loving this.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Meanwhile, I wonder how the media is gonna deal with the fact that the 49ers have looked like absolute poop 2 weeks in a row.
I know SnA is loving this.

The only thing I love more than the Niners losing and Kaepernick looking terrible is the Ravens winning.

So yes, today has been a good day for me Cool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

houstonX wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Texans don't impress me. It's a gazillion stretch plays and bootlegs off of and they looked awful last week until the very end when they got desperate and just let their playmakers make plays. Secondary is terrible. I would be really surprised to see them go into Baltimore and get a W.

Texans 17, Ravens 24

You don't have to be modest, just say what you really think. Here, I'll do it for you.

Texans 10, Ravens 31

Oh... Neither team should be evaluated based upon this game. Just an ugly game all the way around.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ Manuel leading a 4th quarter charge for the Bills again today. Probably going to be a tougher game than a lot of us were expecting that one to be next week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

houstonX wrote:
houstonX wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Texans don't impress me. It's a gazillion stretch plays and bootlegs off of and they looked awful last week until the very end when they got desperate and just let their playmakers make plays. Secondary is terrible. I would be really surprised to see them go into Baltimore and get a W.

Texans 17, Ravens 24

You don't have to be modest, just say what you really think. Here, I'll do it for you.

Texans 10, Ravens 31

Oh... Neither team should be evaluated based upon this game. Just an ugly game all the way around.

Yea, everyone knows that the Ravens should only be evaluated by that 2nd half in Denver.
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
EJ Manuel leading a 4th quarter charge for the Bills again today. Probably going to be a tougher game than a lot of us were expecting that one to be next week.

Now that CBS has cut to the game and I'm actually watching it's all less impressive. Just two kind of ugly teams going at it with the Jets/Bills. Manuel's having trouble dealing with pressure and if we can get Suggs/Doom going they're going to give him nightmares.

Going to Buffalo next week has some trap game aspects to it, though. It's the kind of game we can't afford to drop.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
houstonX wrote:
houstonX wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Texans 17, Ravens 24

Texans 10, Ravens 31

Yea, everyone knows that the Ravens should only be evaluated by that 2nd half in Denver.

And Houston should only be when they come back late in games.

Texans fans should just be happy they're not 0-3 right now with Seattle visiting next.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
houstonX wrote:
houstonX wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Texans 17, Ravens 24

Texans 10, Ravens 31

Seriously though. It's like everyone completely forgot about how good our defense was doing in the 1st half.

I remember watching a Dean Peas presser before the Cleveland game, and he said Denver had 61 players for 200 or so yards, and 9 plays for 300 yards. I believe 7 or 8 of those 9 plays came in the 2nd half when our defense was gassed and was given no shot of winning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: