Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts trade 2014-1st rder for RB Trent Richardson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Play calling aside, from the Colts games I've watched on Sunday ticket, it appears that Donald Brown runs with more explosiveness than Trent.
Do you mean the guy that has 2083 yards through 4 1/2 season? That guy? The guy who is only stepping up in his contract year. Surely you don't mean that Donald Brown! You must be talking about someone else.

Well, it may be a contract year, but there's no denying that Brown looks better than he ever has as a pro. He doesn't dance, he just goes.

But, he's also been given limited carries, which seems to have added to his enhanced explosiveness. He isn't a 20-25 touches a game guy right now, but is a percect compliment guy who should touch the ball 12-15 times a game I think (in run and pass game)
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
ColtsFan40 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Play calling aside, from the Colts games I've watched on Sunday ticket, it appears that Donald Brown runs with more explosiveness than Trent.
Do you mean the guy that has 2083 yards through 4 1/2 season? That guy? The guy who is only stepping up in his contract year. Surely you don't mean that Donald Brown! You must be talking about someone else.

Well, it may be a contract year, but there's no denying that Brown looks better than he ever has as a pro. He doesn't dance, he just goes.

But, he's also been given limited carries, which seems to have added to his enhanced explosiveness. He isn't a 20-25 touches a game guy right now, but is a percect compliment guy who should touch the ball 12-15 times a game I think (in run and pass game)
I agree that he is better suited for his current role. I was just point out to the Richardson haters that keep showing up that up to this point Brown has been a bust too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
Colton wrote:
ColtsFan40 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

I agree that he is better suited for his current role. I was just point out to the Richardson haters that keep showing up that up to this point Brown has been a bust too.

Yeah Brown has been a bust for sure; I took a gamble on him in fantasy when he came out of UConn and have followed his mediocre career since. Iím just saying he looks like a shot out of a cannon compared to the bunny hopper that is Trent. Also, I'm not a Richardson hater, just keeping up on the supposed fleecing Indy did on the Browns.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:

Yeah Brown has been a bust for sure; I took a gamble on him in fantasy when he came out of UConn and have followed his mediocre career since. Iím just saying he looks like a shot out of a cannon compared to the bunny hopper that is Trent. Also, I'm not a Richardson hater, just keeping up on the supposed fleecing Indy did on the Browns.

Who said Indy fleeced the Browns? NFL Gen has been saying the Browns fleeced the Colts, since before the trade even happened it seems...

I loved the trade when it happened, and despite how everything has played out up to this point, I still love it.

Crazy as that makes me, but I think just about every Colts fan that actually sets and watches the game, would say he hasnt been given the opportunity to do anything here.

Im a patient man, this trade affects more than this year. I know push come to shove(Brown getting hurt), T-Rich can step in and play every down.
80tds (1 behind 22nd)

Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
NickZambo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[removed]

joru1000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
cody513 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
you guys gave up too much for him. the browns obviously knew he was turning into a bust, and wanted to unload him before the 'bust' title became consensus with the fans.

If he was a bust a team wouldn't even entertain trading a 1st rd pick in return for a player considering you get major building blocks from your early round picks...

Good move by you guys. T-Rich is a monster. I think you guys gave a little too much, but your a contender and adding a young stud can't hurt your team...will just make you guys that much tougher.

What has he done in the NFL that is worthy of the title as a 'Monster'? He has 2 runs over 20 yards in 250+ carries, and his career long os a 32td. He has a 3.5 ypc too. Compare that to Peterson and McFadden, 2 guys Richardson was compared too (and both of whom were in team situations similar to what Richardson was in in Cleveland), he has been mediocre at best.
I'll take the word of the Brown's fan who broke down actual game material proving the exact opposite of almost everything you said.

So how is Trent working out?

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

Speaking as a guy who doesn't watch the games and only follows stat lines. He's the worst player I've EVER seen

[/sarcasm]
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretend the NFL has a WAR stat, where 10 is Peyton Manning and 1 is the floor where does Trent stand?

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

Speaking as a guy who doesn't watch the games and only follows stat lines. He's the worst player I've EVER seen

[/sarcasm]

I don't know if that guy is a Browns fan or not but if so sorry.

Yes we in the Browns forum love this trade but it doesn't mean we have to come in here and troll you which I'm sure is getting annoying.

I for one actually hope he does well but have to be honest and am doubting it's going to happen.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

[/sarcasm]

Yes we in the Browns forum love this trade but it doesn't mean we have to come in here and troll you which I'm sure is getting annoying.

I for one actually hope he does well but have to be honest and am doubting it's going to happen.

I believe Joru is an Eagles fan

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
BrownsAndBeers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

[/sarcasm]

Yeah some Browns fans in here werent trolling. If you read past posts they were wishing Trent and the Colts well. Either way it was a win win, Indy get a stud running back and in CLE it's nice to have another first, although it is gonig to be a low first.

stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Pretend the NFL has a WAR stat, where 10 is Peyton Manning and 1 is the floor where does Trent stand?

I'd say a 4, right now he has only proven that he can excel as a one trick pony (short yardage back) if Pep would find a way to adjust the offense to his strengths (not easily done mid season, I understand this) he could become so much more
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

[/sarcasm]

I believe Joru is an Eagles fan

No, we have a Jonu, have no idea who Joru is.
Don't mind me, just trying to get some info on one of my fantasy RBs Laughing

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

I'd say a 4, right now he has only proven that he can excel as a one trick pony (short yardage back) if Pep would find a way to adjust the offense to his strengths (not easily done mid season, I understand this) he could become so much more

Is a late-season turnaround feasible at all stallyns?
Or are we talking about adjustments that will be made during the offseason?

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Is a late-season turnaround feasible at all stallyns?
Or are we talking about adjustments that will be made during the offseason?
from an ideology stand point, Grigson and Pagano have pushed the power run/stop the run narrative since before last season. While we've seen them use Richardson in that way, kinda, they haven't found ways to get yards with him. As someone pointed out in the NFL gen thread. In a recent game all his runs up the middle and to the right gained little or no yards but his two runs to the left side got 5 and 7 yard gains. 8 rushes 20 yards and more then half of those yards came going to the left. And what did we do this past game? 5 carries and I don't have the breakdown because NFL.com is being a pain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: