Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts trade 2014-1st rder for RB Trent Richardson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmstophe wrote:
You could have easily gotten a "Lesser" (perception wise) back for a much much much worse draft pick or even an FA pickup, who could give you the production Richardson is giving you right now.
This is easy to say, but realistically this wasn't an off season trade or preseason trade. Teams rosters are set by week 3 and unless there is an injury you don't see many trades. I'm open to hear about players other then Mikel Leshoure or Toby Gerhart who are available for trade for a lesser draft pick. The Colts allegedly talk to the Lions about Leshoure if the TRich trade fell through. Thank god we didn't get him because he isn't even Reggie Bush's backup he is the third stringer behind Bush and Bell. (production? ch-yeah)

The only thing Toby Gerhart has going for him is his Stanford ties but I don't think the Vikings would be willing to trade him for a lesser pick. It's bad enough they have little around Peterson then to give up the one good thing they got behind him.
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people need to give him a break. The guy is only 6 games into his second season and is already learning his 3rd offense. On Monday Gruden said it best "Richardson is thinking too much". It also doesn't help that our OC has done him any favors.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Trent has a good career with you guys. He has so many flashes and beasts through defenders, it's fun to watch. Not sure why he hasn't produced at a higher level though? His rookie year he missed all of preseason with a knee scope then played 13 games with cracked ribs, but still had decent numbers and found the endzone (ypc wasnt good though). Fans and radio analysts think he just cant find the hole and bunny hops too much. Who knows, anyways glad to have your first rounder and wish ya well. Luck is the real deal.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
I really hope Trent has a good career with you guys. He has so many flashes and beasts through defenders, it's fun to watch. Not sure why he hasn't produced at a higher level though? His rookie year he missed all of preseason with a knee scope then played 13 games with cracked ribs, but still had decent numbers and found the endzone (ypc wasnt good though). Fans and radio analysts think he just cant find the hole and bunny hops too much. Who knows, anyways glad to have your first rounder and wish ya well. Luck is the real deal.

It also doesn't help that our OC has no idea how to use him. He was averaging 3.5 yards a carry (Not great but decent) until we completely abandoned the run. He went 36 min in between carries.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson Sucks

Worst move Grigson has made as GM
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:
Richardson Sucks

Thanks? I could've sworn it was the free agent money he gave Erik Walden or drafting Bjoern Werner in the first round but thanks for clearing that up for me. I would've likely gone on beleiving something false
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:
Richardson Sucks

Thanks? I could've sworn it was the free agent money he gave Erik Walden or drafting Bjoern Werner in the first round but thanks for clearing that up for me. I would've likely gone on beleiving something false

For weeks there have been numerous excuses offered up for Trent Richardson's disappointing running stats, both with the Colts, and before that, with Cleveland:

- Missed preseason of rookie year, not enough time to learn offense.
- Only 6 games into his second season, give the kid time!
- Forced to learn the third offense of his career.
- Must be the offensive line
- Lousy center and right guard, especially
- Stupid offensive co-ordinator who doesn't know how to use Trent
- Not getting enough touches to get into his rhythm
- Poor play-calling not allowing Trent to play to his strengths
- Lonely for Alabama
- Confused by abrupt switch to domed stadium
- Thought the Colts still played in Baltimore, got lost moving to new team
- Disheartened by bullying text messages received from Richie Incognito.......

- After Trent romped over the artificial turf 5 times for 2 yards today (0.4YPC), maybe it's time to admit that it's just him.
Colton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:
Richardson Sucks

For weeks there have been numerous excuses offered up for Trent Richardson's disappointing running stats, both with the Colts, and before that, with Cleveland:

- Lonely for Alabama

- After Trent romped over the artificial turf 5 times for 2 yards today (0.4YPC), maybe it's time to admit that it's just him.

Did you watch the game against the Rams?
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:
Richardson Sucks

- Lonely for Alabama

Do you even watch the games or are you one of those (refrain from name calling) people who just look at the box scores. Our entire team played horrible today. The interior of our offensive line is a complete joke. McGlynn is probably the worse lineman in the NFL and Satele isnt too far behind (I'll give Thornton a pass because he is a rookie and was forced into action when Brown went down). several of us have been pointing out that Pep Hamilton has done a horrible job at calling plays. Look at today's game log for rushing attempts:

1st Q

1-Richardson to the right for 0 yards
2-Richardson up the middle for -3 yards
3-Brown to the right for 1 yards
4-Brown to the right for -2 yards
5-Richardson to the right for 0 yards
6-Richardson up the middle for 0 yards
7-Havili up the middle for 1 yards

Totals

Left- 0 car Middle- 3 car/-2 yards Right- 4 car/ -1 yards

2nd Q

8-Luck up the middle for 1 yards
9-Luck to the Left for 7 yards

Totals

Left- 1 car/7 yards Middle- 1 car/1 yards Right- 0 car

3rd Q

10-Richardson up the middle for 5 yards

Totals

Left- 0 car Middle- 1 car/5 yards Right- 0 car

4th Q

11-Luck up the middle for 4 yards
12-Luck up the middle for 5 yards
13-Herron up the middle for 0 yards
14-Hasselback up the middle for -1 yards (Im assuming he took a knee)

Totals

Left- 0 car Middle- 4 car/8 yards Right- 0 car

As you can see Pep is very narrow minded in his play calling. Our longest run was for 7 yards on a QB scramble to the left side. It also happens to be our only run to the left side. Of our 9 runs up the middle only 5 gained positive yards and 2 of those were scrambles. We only had 1 positive run to the right side which happens to be the side McGlynn is on. As for Richardson, his worse run of the day was his 2nd run of the game where McGlynn totally missed his block and Richardson was hit admittedly after taking the hand off. You can only do so much when your line plays that bad.

I really love to see all of these Richardson haters come in here running their mouths yet have no real idea of what happened in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dont feed em

Im not sure why everyone is so concerned about Colts players but who cares what they say.

They just come in here and try to incite us, like the Rams and Texans fan that posted in GDT..."I thought Luck was good". Just coming in to get a response. Ignore them they go away. The 2 in here even more blatantly inciting. If it makes em feel better, all the power to them

I still at this point wouldnt even take the trade back for Trent Richardson..

We all know what the main problem is

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:
Richardson Sucks

- Lonely for Alabama

Just based on some of those excuses you posted, you can't be taken seriously.

Good Day
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:
Richardson Sucks

- Lonely for Alabama

Just based on some of those excuses you posted, you can't be taken seriously.

Good Day

Just a little sarcasm to make a point. The point is the endless living-in-denial excuses being invented by all the Trent Lovers to hide from the fact that the Colts traded their first-round pick for an overrated running back who was suspected of being a disappointment even before the trade. The blind faith and desperate hope here is pitiful.

Good Day, and Good Luck with him.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blind faithful have been complaining about Pep Hamilton's play calling since before the trade. Pep Hamilton admitted he isn't using TRich right. But since that admission he hasn't made any noticeable changes and has only used him less.

So please continue enlightening us on how much you know what's going on better from the outside looking in
NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play calling aside, from the Colts games I've watched on Sunday ticket, it appears that Donald Brown runs with more explosiveness than Trent.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Play calling aside, from the Colts games I've watched on Sunday ticket, it appears that Donald Brown runs with more explosiveness than Trent.
Do you mean the guy that has 2083 yards through 4 1/2 season? That guy? The guy who is only stepping up in his contract year. Surely you don't mean that Donald Brown! You must be talking about someone else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: