Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts trade 2014-1st rder for RB Trent Richardson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you Colts fans feel he will work out with your offensive line? Just curious

-Jimi Hendrix
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACDC_Rocks024 wrote:
How do you Colts fans feel he will work out with your offensive line? Just curious
I heard someone say that we are 5th in the league in rushing and that is with Ballard and Bradshaw in game 1 and Bradshaw and Brown in game 2. Our OL is much more improved in run blocking but still a long way to go in pass blocking. Also it would help if he doesn't go anywhere near C and RG Laughing
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Colton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
ACDC_Rocks024 wrote:
I heard someone say that we are 5th in the league in rushing and that is with Ballard and Bradshaw in game 1 and Bradshaw and Brown in game 2. Our OL is much more improved in run blocking but still a long way to go in pass blocking. Also it would help if he doesn't go anywhere near C and RG Laughing

5th in yards and YPC actually. Pretty surprising, though Luck is a big part of that (As is Pryor for OAK [#1] and Vick for PHI [#2]).

This simply isn't the same O-line we've had for the last 6 years. These guys aren't very good at pass blocking, but actually seem to thrive int eh run game (probably what Pagano wants really). Our guys have actually been able to run, with all RBs averaging over 4 yards per carry thus far.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys heard anything about if he will get much time this week?

Is he the starter or will he be limited till he learns the playbook more?

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

did the Browns run a form of the West Coast offense last year under Holmgren/Shurmer? If they did then his retention could easily help him adjust to the play book
Pagano said they will give him as many carries as he can handle.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

did the Browns run a form of the West Coast offense last year under Holmgren/Shurmer? If they did then his retention could easily help him adjust to the play book
Pagano said they will give him as many carries as he can handle.

I went back and looked at box score from Browns 2 first games.

Their lack of running attempts was really surprising. They had leads at halftime of both games.

Game 1 Weeden had like 53 passes to T-Rich 14 carries, again leading at halftime and within 1-3 points till about the 4th quarter.

Game 2 was a little of the same, Weeden and Campbell threw 37 passes while T-Rich had 18 carries.

Those are almost some Andy Ried pass/to run ratio's.

I think he was a bad fit in Cleveland, well not necessarily a bad fit, but coaches simply have different philosphy, than what T-Rich is made for.

I would not be surprised to seee T-Rich get 15-20 carries with 4 or 5 catches this week.

I think he will end up having a pretty great season. 1100-1200 yards 8-12tds 50-60 catches for another 400-500 yards 1-3 Tds

He will definitely get more touches here IMO.

IDK, but if I have Trent Richardson on a team I was coaching, the defense would be getting a strong dose of him early. I cant say for sure how most games played out in Cleveland, I do watch in the fantasy cast, but it is easy to miss some plays there.

Saying that, I think I remember in Week 1 of the Dolphins game. It was the 3rd quarter a 1 point game, Weeden had 33 passes and T-Rich had 6 carries...Hornby back that up if you can..?

That is just stupid

Either way, I think it is a good trade for both teams, we get a reat power back, who actually has a great set of hands too. Browns get the chance to add the players their new FO desires.

Win for T-Rich too, he deserves to be used right, dont think the Browns were using him right.

reckless123 wrote:
I would love to see this go back and forth but its unlike Harden to get defensive.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the above post. A big part of the reason we didn't run much in the second half was. The offense was not getting it done. Way to may 3 and outs which is why we lost our leads. Our D is really good but they gassed. Running Trent on first down in the second hald was leaving us in second and long.

Would of loved to see him play with Gordon this week as the D would have to respect the pass a lot more.

I think Trent can be good for you guys but it's no lock.

There are some big concerns in his game. They are things that I think can be overcome but will it or wont it happen?!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this trade for you guys. Your QB/RB combo now reminds me of the Edge/Manning days. I think the Colts are definitely one of the teams to beat in the AFC and will battle the Texans for the top of the division.

But I do have a question. Is T-Rich worth starting this week for my fantasy team? How many carries do you think he will get? Will he get goal line touches?
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
I love this trade for you guys. Your QB/RB combo now reminds me of the Edge/Manning days. I think the Colts are definitely one of the teams to beat in the AFC and will battle the Texans for the top of the division.

But I do have a question. Is T-Rich worth starting this week for my fantasy team? How many carries do you think he will get? Will he get goal line touches?

I honestly dont know what to expect from T-Rich this week, Pagano said "we didnt bring him here to be the water boy this week"

I imagine he will have 15-20 touches, and yes I would imagine he would be our Goal line back

reckless123 wrote:
I would love to see this go back and forth but its unlike Harden to get defensive.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
With regards to the above post. A big part of the reason we didn't run much in the second half was. The offense was not getting it done. Way to may 3 and outs which is why we lost our leads. Our D is really good but they gassed. Running Trent on first down in the second hald was leaving us in second and long.

Would of loved to see him play with Gordon this week as the D would have to respect the pass a lot more.

I think Trent can be good for you guys but it's no lock.

There are some big concerns in his game. They are things that I think can be overcome but will it or wont it happen?!

I was wondering if you could back up the numbers I posted..

33 passes to 6 rushes at some point in the 2nd half.

Im sure you would notice while watching the game, IMsure announcers had to bring it up.

reckless123 wrote:
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:

I think he'll get about 15 touches this week and I think it'd be stupid for us to not use him in goal line situations because he excels in goal line and we suck at it.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys hate this trade yet?

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:

Why would we hate this trade? There has not been one thing about this trade so awful that it deserves any ones hate.

-I like that we acquired Richardson. We had just lost Ballard for the season and Ahmad Bradshaw had missed all of training camp and the preseason because of injury and has a history of injuries. So he was bound to miss time. (who knew he would get knocked out immediately after) and Donald Brown has never played better then he has since becoming a change of pace back behind Richardson.
-I wish we would've giving up a lower round pick for Richardson, but I have a feeling the Browns wouldn't have traded him for anything but a first and I think Grigson was willing to give that up for a guy who will be the starting running back for at least the next 2.5 years. (and yes I know this falls under the same guidelines surrounding the out clause on Erik Walden contract, if you have to use an out clause to justify the contract it's a bad contract. I.E. if the Browns weren't willing to part with him for less then a first then don't make the trade. ) And that same guy thinks that Grigson is running the team into the ground so, yeah, go for broke.
Colton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:

1. No. Trade has been beneficial for the team as a whole. Hamilton just has no idea how to use the running game effectively.
2. Definitely the wrong game to even be asking that after. Probably Hamilton's worst game plan of the year in terms of play calling.
cmstophe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have easily gotten a "Lesser" (perception wise) back for a much much much worse draft pick or even an FA pickup, who could give you the production Richardson is giving you right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: