You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts trade 2014-1st rder for RB Trent Richardson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
So how is Trent working out?

Speaking as a guy who doesn't watch the games and only follows stat lines. He's the worst player I've EVER seen

[/sarcasm]

I don't know if that guy is a Browns fan or not but if so sorry.

Yes we in the Browns forum love this trade but it doesn't mean we have to come in here and troll you which I'm sure is getting annoying.

I for one actually hope he does well but have to be honest and am doubting it's going to happen.

I believe Joru is an Eagles fan

No, we have a Jonu, have no idea who Joru is.
Don't mind me, just trying to get some info on one of my fantasy RBs Laughing

I think he's a Vikings fan.
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Pretend the NFL has a WAR stat, where 10 is Peyton Manning and 1 is the floor where does Trent stand?

I'd say a 4, right now he has only proven that he can excel as a one trick pony (short yardage back) if Pep would find a way to adjust the offense to his strengths (not easily done mid season, I understand this) he could become so much more

Well, I see where Trent Richardson ran 8 times for 22 yards, an average of 2.8 yards-per-carry, and 0 touchdowns; while Donald Brown ran 14 times for 80 yards (5.7 ypc), and 2 TD's.

As I've learned around here, stats for Trent Richardson are considered misleading; it is only through watching his actual performance that one can understand his true worth, and the extenuating circumstances that hold him back. So perhaps one of the insightful regular posters can provide a play-by-play analysis of his 8 carries, and what went wrong; or at least suggest the mitigating factors (poor blocking? Scheme not tailored to his strengths? Too many runs to the right, and not the left?) that may have contributed to his disappointing production?
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Pretend the NFL has a WAR stat, where 10 is Peyton Manning and 1 is the floor where does Trent stand?

I'd say a 4, right now he has only proven that he can excel as a one trick pony (short yardage back) if Pep would find a way to adjust the offense to his strengths (not easily done mid season, I understand this) he could become so much more

Well, I see where Trent Richardson ran 8 times for 22 yards, an average of 2.8 yards-per-carry, and 0 touchdowns; while Donald Brown ran 14 times for 80 yards (5.7 ypc), and 2 TD's.

As I've learned around here, stats for Trent Richardson are considered misleading; it is only through watching his actual performance that one can understand his true worth, and the extenuating circumstances that hold him back. So perhaps one of the insightful regular posters can provide a play-by-play analysis of his 8 carries, and what went wrong; or at least suggest the mitigating factors (poor blocking? Scheme not tailored to his strengths? Too many runs to the right, and not the left?) that may have contributed to his disappointing production?
similar to the Texans game he had 2 runs to the left for 5 and 7 yards and the remaining runs went to the middle or to the right for 10 yards. He also had 5 receptions for 31 yards.

As I explained in another thread. I missed the early part of the game so I can't speak for that but most of Donald Browns runs have come in pass formations while TRich has run out of run formations. Now last night D Brown got a few more carries then he has in past games so that might have changed
Colton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

He had 1 in the entire first half.

Rest of his runs came in usual Pep Hamilton fashion.

Start of the 3rd, three straight runs for T-Rich (3 for 13 yards), then he doesn't see the ball the rest of the drive. Gets 4 carries over the rest of the game.

Don't get me wrong, he needs to run with more authority. He looks like he's trying to be a scat back sometimes, but if he just hits the hole churning, which is what Brown has been doing finally this year, he'll be fine.

I'm not gonna pass judgement at this point, but Brown, a former first rounder himself, is starting to show that he needs to get some more carries as he's been more productive. But remember, he knows the system and the players better than Richardson.

But he still can't block for crap.
Vino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible trade for you guys. If I were a member when the trade happened I could have told you Richardson sucks and will probably be out the league in 3 years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a pretty good article on Richardson

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/11/20/5123156/2013-nfl-schedule-colts-trent-richardson-matt-schaub-lions-steelers-buccaneers

Enjoy!

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/11/20/5123156/2013-nfl-schedule-colts-trent-richardson-matt-schaub-lions-steelers-buccaneers

Enjoy!

Wait!!!! Criticism mixed with compliments?

Who the hell does he think he is?
Colton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
ColtsFan40 wrote:

Enjoy!

Wait!!!! Criticism mixed with compliments?

Who the hell does he think he is?

Definitely not the NFL General, that's for sure

Stephen White basically showed exactly what we here have been saying for a while. Combination of things. Crappy blocking, Trent not use to the system, and not necessarily hitting the holes like he should be. Still very confident that he will start churning some big games here soon.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: