You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts trade 2014-1st rder for RB Trent Richardson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotrac broke down the financials of the trade.
http://www.spotrac.com/blog/the-trent-richardson-trade/

the important parts to remember...

Quote:
The trade leaves the Browns with a sizable amount of dead money ; $3,490,703 in 2013 and $6,670,500 in 2014 (view the 2013 Browns Salary Cap). Richardsonís salaries with the Colts are all fully guaranteed, but somewhat ridiculously low for a running back of his potential and production.

Guaranteed Salaries with the Colts
2013: $1,165,900
2014: 2,252,708
2015: 3,184,062

I already knew that his contract was guaranteed, as all top 10 picks pretty much are. But at what cost to the Colts because there was this feeling I had about whether the Colts were going to relieve the Browns of any of the pro-rated SB. They didn't thank god. As to the claim of his base salaries being ridiculously low? 2015 doesn't look low to me.
cody513

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
you guys gave up too much for him. the browns obviously knew he was turning into a bust, and wanted to unload him before the 'bust' title became consensus with the fans.

If he was a bust a team wouldn't even entertain trading a 1st rd pick in return for a player considering you get major building blocks from your early round picks...

Good move by you guys. T-Rich is a monster. I think you guys gave a little too much, but your a contender and adding a young stud can't hurt your team...will just make you guys that much tougher.
joru1000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody513 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
you guys gave up too much for him. the browns obviously knew he was turning into a bust, and wanted to unload him before the 'bust' title became consensus with the fans.

If he was a bust a team wouldn't even entertain trading a 1st rd pick in return for a player considering you get major building blocks from your early round picks...

Good move by you guys. T-Rich is a monster. I think you guys gave a little too much, but your a contender and adding a young stud can't hurt your team...will just make you guys that much tougher.

What has he done in the NFL that is worthy of the title as a 'Monster'? He has 2 runs over 20 yards in 250+ carries, and his career long os a 32td. He has a 3.5 ypc too. Compare that to Peterson and McFadden, 2 guys Richardson was compared too (and both of whom were in team situations similar to what Richardson was in in Cleveland), he has been mediocre at best.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
cody513 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

What has he done in the NFL that is worthy of the title as a 'Monster'? He has 2 runs over 20 yards in 250+ carries, and his career long os a 32td. He has a 3.5 ypc too. Compare that to Peterson and McFadden, 2 guys Richardson was compared too (and both of whom were in team situations similar to what Richardson was in in Cleveland), he has been mediocre at best.
I'll take the word of the Brown's fan who broke down actual game material proving the exact opposite of almost everything you said.
joru1000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
cody513 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

I'll take the word of the Brown's fan who broke down actual game material proving the exact opposite of almost everything you said.

WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE
[Removed By Moderator]
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
cody513 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE
[Removed By Moderator]

I'm sorry, I deleted it without looking at it. Forum Rules are rules. Spoiler alert or not.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a good move for you guys. He has a very different style of running than bradshaw does so he gives you guys a nice one two punch. Thunder and lightning so to speak.

Sure, the production hasnt been there yet, yards wise. but Ive watched both cleveland games this year and there wasnt much room for him to run, although there were times where he did miss a cutback lane or two.

I think this is a trade where both sides will feel good about it in the future, depending on what cleveland does with their pick/how far you guys go this year.

Any word on how much he will play this sunday? I have him in fantasy but right now hes on my bench Twisted Evil he is going against one of the best run Ds in the land.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

You mean the Darren McFadden who had 5 TDs and barely over 800 yds in his first TWO SEASONS COMBINED? Laughing

I can understand ppl being unhappy with the deal from either side, but this notion that some ppl are perpetrating that somehow Richardson is a bust is ridiculous. 950 yds and 11 TDs is something I think most teams would take in a heartbeat from a rookie. Esp in a passing league. The onus isn't on Indy that Cleveland took him too early and gave up too much to move up in the draft. Even if Indy picks in the mid-teens, it's a great move. But somehow he has no potential or upside? In what universe? I just don't get the vitriol from some. Confused

Green Bay is my squad but I'll also be rooting for you guys if only to shut all the naysayers up.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
cody513

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
cody513 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

This, as well as look at the weapons he now has around him. In CLE he was the guy you gameplan for, even Marvin Lewis just said he's essentially looking forward to this game now that T-Rich isn't there. With a good young QB like Luck, teams will have a hard time gameplanning for those two.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
cody513 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

Where can I see this breakdown? I just re-watched some Browns games and I think T-Rich does look like a monster. Constantly getting 3 yards after contact and moving piles. Has lateral agility. Never has second level blocking. Like ever. Sometimes he has very good initial blocking but can't get any assistance at the second level.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible trade for Indy IMO. Richardson is a quality RB, but not a game breaker. The final evaluation needs to be done when everyone sees the list of players who were available next May.
cmstophe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns fan chiming in. Not trying to poop on anybody...but I love this trade for the Browns because I was never high on Richardson especially at #3.

I also am not convinced you guys are that great of a team yet, so we'll see where that pick falls.

I haven't seen as much of the Colts as you guys, obviously, so I'll take your guys' word for it but how good is your line at run blocking? I hope it is really, really good because T Rich is a great dude and I'll miss him. But he is not Adrian Peterson, he isn't going to obliterate teams, rip off 30 yard runs, or be an electric player all on his own. He is going to need a ton of blocking. He didn't have much in Cleveland, and thus he looked pedestrian. I have zero clue where people watched Cleveland games and got the conclusion that Richardson "looks like a monster." Again, I've watched every snap the guy played in Cleveland, I am just telling you how I see it.

He is talented and with a great run blocking line he will help the Colts, no doubt, though.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
stallyns wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
cody513 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

Where can I see this breakdown? I just re-watched some Browns games and I think T-Rich does look like a monster. Constantly getting 3 yards after contact and moving piles. Has lateral agility. Never has second level blocking. Like ever. Sometimes he has very good initial blocking but can't get any assistance at the second level.
check on the second page of this thread, the Brown's fan posted a link to the thread with the breakdown
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how I missed that, thank you.

Man, I'm excited to see him play now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a great trade for both teams. Indy gets a young and solid back and the Browns get a 1st rounder in the '14 draft. Cleveland has to capitalize on BOTH 1sts.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: