You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stephon Tuitt is Overrated
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Stephon Tuitt is Overrated Reply with quote

Stephon Tuitt (6'7'', 320 lbs) is very likely going to be a a first round draft pick and potentially go top 15. He has prototypical 5-Tech size, is very strong, and has received plenty of attention playing next to Louis Nix III in that Notre Dame front 7.

I feel, however, that Tuitt is not one of the top 32 talents in the draft, and maybe not top 50. When you really break him down, he is a sluggish mover on the field. No quick-twitch burst off the line to him. He seems to get caught out position frequently and may not be mentally focused 100% of the time on the field or just lacks that uncanny awareness of where the ball is. Doesn't even eat up blocks that well vs. the run and can get locked up by 1 guy too frequently.

Tuitt looks has the body and strength of a pro defensive end in a 3-4 scheme, and will probably carve himself out a nice career or at least a solid role in a defense somewhere. In the end, though, I don't think he will the type of impact player worthy of a first round pick.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be the popular opinion ever since the Bama game. Nix is the top 10 talent on that D-Line. Tuitt, I like but like you said probably isn't one of the top 32 players in this draft...
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Seems to be the popular opinion ever since the Bama game. Nix is the top 10 talent on that D-Line. Tuitt, I like but like you said probably isn't one of the top 32 players in this draft...

I think every player on ND's team moved down a few spots on draft boards after the Alabama game. That whole team got abused: offense, defense, and special teams.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I think every player on ND's team moved down a few spots on draft boards after the Alabama game. That whole team got abused: offense, defense, and special teams.

Maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to but I thought Nix held his own. Also Efiert did well. But yeah the rest of the team...
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to but I thought Nix held his own. Also Efiert did well. But yeah the rest of the team...

You know what I mean. The entire team looked lost and ran about as quickly as you or I would if we were ankle deep in mud.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix as the only saving grace from that snoozefest for ND.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually agree. The size is the only thing that stands out. He's not an elite athlete, not a technician, not overly powerful. I see him as a guy that would fit as a 3-4 and or on a 4-3 defense that uses a big DE like the Seahawks and Titans. I could see him dropping to the 2nd.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I actually agree. The size is the only thing that stands out. He's not an elite athlete, not a technician, not overly powerful. I see him as a guy that would fit as a 3-4 and or on a 4-3 defense that uses a big DE like the Seahawks and Titans. I could see him dropping to the 2nd.

Nice! TF4L, we often hold very different opinions of prospects so it's fun to agree on one. Agree with your assessments - no suddenness to him and no refined technique that will give him an advantage at the next level.

Also, just making it known that I am not basing this belief off his play in the 'Bama game last year. I have watched a bunch of Tuitt live and on tape vs. many different opponents and he has never impressed me very much.
Abe56

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree. Had a big matchup two weeks ago with Lewan and got completely erased. Seems to be a guy who only can beat up on the trash and not the top tier talent.
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Their two receivers (TJ Jones and DaVaris Daniels) I thought also had pretty good games.

Tuitt has put on weight and just looks slow out there this year. Really disappointed in his play.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Not Nix.

At least George will leave Indy soon.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Their two receivers (TJ Jones and DaVaris Daniels) I thought also had pretty good games.

Tuitt has put on weight and just looks slow out there this year. Really disappointed in his play.

I personally think he needs to reshape his body and lose about 20lbs and I think he will be fine in the NFL...
thenoilif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who other than FF BM's and internet armchair "draft guru's" actually has him rated top 15?
jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenoilif wrote:
Who other than FF BM's and internet armchair "draft guru's" actually has him rated top 15?

McShay, Kiper, etc...

People that get paid to put these types of lists/rankings out but NEVER go against the grain and call someone out as overrated or give a first round grade to a small school guy this early. Scared to be a contrarian. Gotta keep the checks coming in.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
thenoilif wrote:

McShay, Kiper, etc...

People that get paid to put these types of lists/rankings out but NEVER go against the grain and call someone out as overrated or give a first round grade to a small school guy this early. Scared to be a contrarian. Gotta keep the checks coming in.

Thise guys get my reads going against the grain rather than having the same opinion as everyone else. Its their job to get people to pay attention, touting unheard of guys helps that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: