Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Hoyer Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cortes02

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Brian Hoyer Question Reply with quote

Just a Browns fan coming in peace. Brian Hoyer has been named the starter this week for the Browns. I was just wondering if any of you could lend some insight in regards to how Hoyer plays and what to expect. Positives and negatives if you could be so kind. Thank you.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was better than Lindley and Skelton. I don't think we saw enough of him to say he's better than Kolb, I'd say he's close to on par with Kolb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who owns Trent Richardson on my main fantasy team I'm in favor of this. Brandon Weeden is not the answer - true Josh Gordon was suspended, but his performance can't be excused.

I think Hoyer should be given a shot - can't really promise anything because his experience is like Matt Flynn - too small of a sample size. I think you just throw him out there and hope for the best considering he has shown at least some skill in a limited sample size (Michael Floyd's biggest day last season was when Hoyer started).

You guys have a chance to at least be competitive with that defense and potential running game - if the passing game can create any room for it.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - because of the limited sample size, I'd go back to college scouting for better analysis:

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2009bhoyer.php

Looks like from this that mental issues were the biggest thing - as is the case with a lot of young QB's. Hopefully he has matured...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: