Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3's Knee Brace . Needed or a Joke ..?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: 3's Knee Brace . Needed or a Joke ..? Reply with quote

Did it save his LCL and ACL last year..,?? Makes him look like a cripple. And slows him down, hurts his mobility too-- Toss the damn thing and play football.. If the knee if healthy -- It's the same as the left knee .. Healthy is healthy .. If it's not -then start Cousins. I vote JOKE !
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 3's Knee Brace . Needed or a Joke ..? Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Did it save his LCL and ACL last year..,?? Makes him look like a cripple. And slows him down, hurts his mobility too-- Toss the damn thing and play football.. If the knee if healthy -- It's the same as the left knee .. Healthy is healthy .. If it's not -then start Cousins. I vote JOKE !

He's wearing a different knee brace this year. Your argument is invalid. He's playing poorly because he doesn't trust his knee to hold up, which ends up throwing with his planter foot, therefore screwing his mechanics.

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1776599-whats-wrong-with-robert-griffin-iii-medical-experts-say-itll-take-more-time?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Doctors in the USA and Canada say RG3 is healthy. He just needs to get more confidence back in his knee. He and the Wrs need to also get on the same page.

I hope you take the time to read the article. Especially you "mr back up qb lover- dating back 6 years" RSkinGM Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was some way for RG3 to have gotten more confidence in that knee and his timing down with the WRs in a game situation prior to Week 1.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
I wish there was some way for RG3 to have gotten more confidence in that knee and his timing down with the WRs in a game situation prior to Week 1.
If he was cleared to play in games, maybe he would have, but it wouldn't have made a Huge difference for him to play two series in a preseason game. If you believe that, you're kidding yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a confidence thing. Once he gets his confidence back he will look fast again when he scrambles. He's very tentative right now, but I have no doubt that the speed is still there. I've been following RG3 closely since his freshman year at Baylor, and I saw him comeback from this injury once before, it takes time. Even with the brace on he is a fast enough guy to outrun defenders in the open field. Also note that last week the field conditions were terrible in the rain at Lambeau, not exactly ideal situations to be taking off and scrambling in.

Doubt many if any of you have seen this, but here's what he did with a knee brace on in college the season he came back from ACL surgery. As you can see he is clearly the fastest on the field even with a brace, and I expect it will be the same at some point this season once he regains confidence in his knee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuG7W2dUZFc
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGIII is not near game speed and will take some time to get there. The confidence thing is legitimate as I am sure that he does not want to injure himself again.

This is why I said, he has to watch how Russell Wilson does it and mimic that type of play.

RGIII just has to keep improving and get back to where he was before he had the injury. It will take some time, but come week 5, he should be good to go. IMO.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garcon says he's slower with the brace .
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/37425/Pierre-Garcon--RGIII-can-t-run-as-fast-as-last-year/Default.aspx
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
If he was cleared to play in games, maybe he would have, but it wouldn't have made a Huge difference for him to play two series in a preseason game. If you believe that, you're kidding yourself.

You're kidding yourself if you believe he was magically "cleared to play" immediately after the last preseason game and that the doctors didn't know his knee was ok well before that.

I'll state again, if his knee was healthy enough to play Week 1, it means it was healthy enough for most of TC and preseason. Which means he could've played and gotten much more reps than just "one series "(again with the strawman??).

So basically the first 4 games are RG3's Minicamp and TC. The following 4 games are his preseason. We should start to worry if he's still looking like this in the last 8 games.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

You're kidding yourself if you believe he was magically "cleared to play" immediately after the last preseason game and that the doctors didn't know his knee was ok well before that.

I'll state again, if his knee was healthy enough to play Week 1, it means it was healthy enough for most of TC and preseason. Which means he could've played and gotten much more reps than just "one series "(again with the strawman??).

So basically the first 4 games are RG3's Minicamp and TC. The following 4 games are his preseason. We should start to worry if he's still looking like this in the last 8 games.
That's fine if you want to believe that, but you have no proof to back up your assumption
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will see RG3 become a little more like his old self each week this season. His speed is still there hoping he proves doubters wrong in the coming weeks.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9690576/robert-griffin-iii-ready-run-more-provide-spark-washington-redskins
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
I think we will see RG3 become a little more like his old self each week this season. His speed is still there hoping he proves doubters wrong in the coming weeks.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9690576/robert-griffin-iii-ready-run-more-provide-spark-washington-redskins

Yeah, I like the point that Adrian Peterson had no 100 yard game until like Week 6 and didn't hit his stride till late in the year.

Also RG3 had an LCL repair in addition, so there's alot of recovery still...
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

You realize your assertion that he WAS cleared and able to play is just as ridiculous that he could have just been cleared. I mean for [inappropriate/removed] sake, there IS a day where he is just finally cleared, it obviously has to happen.

Secondly, I'm damn sure you'd be absolutely destroying the Coaching staff if they had played him and he had hurt himself in some form and was done for the year, or God Forbid his career.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

You realize your assertion that he WAS cleared and able to play is just as ridiculous that he could have just been cleared. I mean for [inappropriate/removed] sake, there IS a day where he is just finally cleared, it obviously has to happen.

Secondly, I'm damn sure you'd be absolutely destroying the Coaching staff if they had played him and he had hurt himself in some form and was done for the year, or God Forbid his career.

A.) This is not a "get injured on Sunday get cleared on Friday" type of injury. This was an injury that was monitored each day for months as to his rehab. He was throwing during TC. He was working with 11 on 11 by Week 1 of Preseason. He was running around pre-game for each of the games. Which means he was... mobile...and able to throw. So anyone telling me that they believe the official line that he wasn't ready to play until just after the Week 4 preseason game was over (which is when RG3 sent the tweet out that he was cleared) might as well tell me that they believe in the Easter Bunny.

B.) I wanted us to wait until week 6 to play him in order to give him more time to let the knee heal and to give him more time in practice with the #1's (remember he missed all of the OTAs, minicamps, etc...).

But...IF we were hell bent on playing him Week 1 (which we were - the die had been cast), I was one of the people calling for us to not treat him like a china doll. Because we essentially made the decision that we weren't going to care if he was really ready or not, we were going to play Week 1. So if they don't care about the player and he doesn't care about himself, why should I care about his health?

Almost everyone else was giving me a B.S, reason for keeping him out (i.e. - Tom Brady got nicked in one scrimmage - that justifies keeping our starting QB out all preseason). As if we should just wrap all of our starting players in bubble wrap and not play them in the preseason at all because we are afraid of injury. You cannot do that. You need to allow the player to go out and get confidence in that knee. That only comes with more repetitions. And it definitely doesn't come until he is in a "live" game situation where the other guys gunning for him aren't going to pull up at the last second and simply tap him. You'll notice the Patriots didn't pull Brady for the entire preseason after he got nicked up in practice. Why is that? Why did the Patriots realize that their star QB (who after all these years pribably needs less reps than Robert) still needed to be out there in a game situation in order to get ready for Week 1?

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanahan is a ( I can't use the word here--but It's our fav part of the female body ) ..He has the guilts cause he didn't pull him in the Seattle game.. It's 98% on him.. I'm sure most of this board was screaming at the TV--Take him out !!
Maybe he hasn't runied his career but he sure set it back.. Now he owes RG3 and apparently promised him he'd start week 1 if cleared. It's a fiasco. Cousins shoulda started the first 4 games absolutely. There's no going back at this point .. and the season is in peril-early. Don't expect any 7 game miracles this season.. ain't in the cards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: