Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Idea for the secondary help in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Idea for the secondary help in the future. Reply with quote

Hey guys we have a problem in the secondary. The problem is we do not trust are safeties so we are not pressing and letting easy passes happen. I am not a fan of Finnegan. I have never liked the dude that and he is average. I feel like he just got all this money because Fisher likes him. He is good but average. I feel like we should cut him after this season. He has no guranteed money next year so we get off scott free. We can use that money to sign Jarius Byrd a great FS that can pair up with SS Mcdonald. We can use a draft pick in the first to pick up Bradley Roby. Pair up Jenkins and Roby at corner and Byrd and Mcdonald at safety. I like it a lot. I am getting sick of Finny.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see if Fisher adjusts the defense to play man-to-man during midseason. If he continues to lack trust for our current safety tandem, then I would consider drafting Clinton-Dix with our second 1st rounder. Not a fan of Byrd's injury history and that cap money could be better spent elsewhere IMO. I don't have any knowledge with Roby so I'd wait till the regular season is over before I start looking up prospects in the draft.

Playing as a DB is truly one of the toughest positions in football as refs tend to make biased calls against them with the receivers practically under protections within the rule book. I certainly hope Finny's just having down weeks and he'll scrape it off sooner or later.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just saying Finny is killing our cap space and he is an average corner. Way overpaid.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh we should relax a little, not only is play DB (especially corner) in the NFL against these WRs borderline impossible for even the best let alone a young group like ours. Im not saying Finnegan is playing well, but lets give it some time Im sure he will start making plays soon its only week 3.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finny still has the 3 million dollar signing bonus amortization. But we would save a lot. That all said, I doubt it happens. He's an invaluable leader and locker-room presence(think of the smack cam). We might rework his contract though if his play doesn't improve.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: