Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears work out DB Amari Spievey; 7 others

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Bears work out DB Amari Spievey; 7 others Reply with quote

Quote:
Amari Spievey - DB - Free Agent
Free agent S Amari Spievey worked out for the Bears on Tuesday.
It's Spievey's first workout since being cut loose by the Lions. He'd be the Bears' fourth safety.

IOWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Cool

.....Just let me have this one.

***Update***

Quote:
The workout included three other safeties: Brandan Bishop, who has spent time with the Vikings, Sean Cattouse and Chaz Powell. Center Nick McDonald, who spent parts of the last three years with the Patriots, and offensive tackle Rogers Gaines, an undrafted free agent who was with the Ravens in training camp, were also involved. The Bears also checked out defensive tackles Kheeston Randall, a seventh-round pick of the Dolphins last year, and Tracy Robertson, an undrafted free agent a year ago that has already spent time with four organizations.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart

Last edited by CBears019 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually was a pretty big fan of his coming out of Iowa, I'm not sure why Detroit put him at Safety, I always though he should've remained at Corner. TJ has looked terrible thus far, Frey did not have a good game on Sunday, and Bowman is a bum... (Coming from a guy who attended the same Military School as him in Roswell, NM).

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than likely just adding to the emergency list, especially since Major Wright took a nasty fall last week and gave us a scare.

I just want one, just one Hawkeye on this roster before I graduate. Laughing

AZBearsFan wrote:

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
More than likely just adding to the emergency list, especially since Major Wright took a nasty fall last week and gave us a scare.

So you anticipate him staying at Safety? I can understand... I had my fellow UNM Alum in Urlacher for enough time to make up for no one now. Laughing

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

So you anticipate him staying at Safety? I can understand... I had my fellow UNM Alum in Urlacher for enough time to make up for no one now. Laughing

I'm not speculating where they envision playing him, so basing that off of what I saw during the game. I guess Tillman's knee was bothering him some more, so I guess there's that possibility as well.

AZBearsFan wrote:

CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The workout included three other safeties: Brandan Bishop, who has spent time with the Vikings, Sean Cattouse and Chaz Powell. Center Nick McDonald, who spent parts of the last three years with the Patriots, and offensive tackle Rogers Gaines, an undrafted free agent who was with the Ravens in training camp, were also involved. The Bears also checked out defensive tackles Kheeston Randall, a seventh-round pick of the Dolphins last year, and Tracy Robertson, an undrafted free agent a year ago that has already spent time with four organizations.

Never heard of these guys. As I suspected, emergency list updating.

AZBearsFan wrote:

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amari was a heck of a corner, and went to a team devoid of secondary talent, and the genius' they are, in their infinite wisdom, decided to move him to SS a position he had NEVER played. He played well enough there to start for a couple years before they brought in Quinn. Would love to see Spievey in a Bears uniform and let him learn from Tillman (btw Amari was a real ball hawk at Iowa, who flashed real return ability when he got his hands on the football. Best CB Iowa had produced in 15+ years.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

Never heard of these guys. As I suspected, emergency list updating.

Powell was a UDFA for the Packers from Penn State. Has good size and measurables but it doesn't really translate to the field.

Superman: Micah Hyde will change that Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Amari was a heck of a corner, and went to a team devoid of secondary talent, and the genius' they are, in their infinite wisdom, decided to move him to SS a position he had NEVER played. He played well enough there to start for a couple years before they brought in Quinn. Would love to see Spievey in a Bears uniform and let him learn from Tillman (btw Amari was a real ball hawk at Iowa, who flashed real return ability when he got his hands on the football. Best CB Iowa had produced in 15+ years.

Spievey never had the speed or athleticism to stay at corner. It was either adapt to a new position or not make it in the league at all. Every team needs CBs. If anyone thought he could play it he would not have been moved and/or there would be teams looking to sign him to play CB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: