Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT - Chicago Bears vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the victory. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1h
MRI upcoming for #Bears Pro Bowl DT Henry Melton but fear is he suffered torn ACL.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but Melton may have just played his last game in a Bears uni.

You could tell it was serious by the way he was looking all distraught on that cart. I'm just hoping for the guy's sake that it's not career threatening.

Yup, I thought the same thing when I saw that carrt come out. Hopefully they can reach some sort of one-year, prove it-type deal.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, really sorry to hear about Melton; he's a talented, high potential player, if it is his last game in a Bears uniform it's really unfortunate that this is how it ended.

As far as the game, what can I say..if we would've played better maybe results are different but we didn't. On the flipside, the Bears' defense played absolutely lights out, they came up big when they needed to and honestly...I think they should be considered the favorites to win that division. Cutler looks like the QB I thought he was when he was drafted originally, the HC change has clearly made a huge difference in his career.

Good luck the rest of the way guys. It's really unfortunate your guys' bus didn't break down on the way to the stadium..I told you that was our only hope. Laughing

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I missed it. Who got the sack/forced fumble that led to the TD?

Dj Williams
Williams had a very good game thereby thwarting our self-proclaimed experts around here calling for his benching.

I expected Bostic would be the starter before the season ends but now it appears he will only be so if injury puts him there.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ShaggyBear wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Why do we let teams hang around.

We had all the momentum and we do nothing on offense and make a huge special teams mistake to allow Pittsburgh to stick around.

Why does our offense disappear in the 2nd and 3rd quarters?
I have to say you picked the appropriate name for the same reasons that its the city's nickname.

Talkitive politicians?
The city was nicknamed the windy city b/c of flip flopping politicians. Windy has flip flopped alot this season. He is very reactionary.
It was called the Windy City because of the endlessly promoting of the city by its advocates: politicians and others.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Other than turnovers we are a very mediocre defense.

Every defense that can't get to the QB is mediocre. I will say this - they've gotten there several times and Big Ben has been able to escape where many others wouldn't have.
Almost any other QB would have been sacked four or five times.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Great read and tackle by DJ there. He's been really good again today.

He's been good for the first time today...I'll give him that...has too keep this level up now.
He's been good all season. No doubt about it. He's just had the most opportunities today.

No he hasn't...this is the first game he has played at the kind of level you would expect from a veteran.
He's done the same thing all 3 games. Really today he's made the most mistakes with 2 bad angles. He's preventing passes to the deep middle and doing a good job taking on blocks. Today he's just been blitzing more. I think people just don't understand what his job is.

I’m not going over this again lol…and people understand his job just fine...the first two games he was MIA…this is the first game IMO that he has done anything to suggest he should be our starting MLB.
In you opinion I understand that Laughing

Obviously our coaches strongly disagree.
How dare you dispute the Great Guru?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Whhaaaaaaat?!?!? Peppers with a pick 6 haha!
That was the only time I saw Trestman get excited.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Congratulations Bears fans. It's got to be nice to be 3-0 and sitting on top of the NFC Norris.
And making it even nicer is that we could play a lot better and I think we will.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeast15 wrote:
Don't mean to get ahead of myself, but if Melton is indeed done for the season, he instantly loses all leverage he had in contract negotiations for this offseason. Which could be good for us. Hate to say that about a player that looks to have had a season ending injury though, but it's the truth.
I am sooo glad he was not signed long term.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:
Don't mean to get ahead of myself, but if Melton is indeed done for the season, he instantly loses all leverage he had in contract negotiations for this offseason. Which could be good for us. Hate to say that about a player that looks to have had a season ending injury though, but it's the truth.

This is just looking at it in hind sight, it's just unfortunate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another rough win for the Bears. Like I always say, good teams don't just blow out their opponents effortlessly every week; rather, they can win in the face of adversity. The Bears needed one good drive and got it. 3-0 feels pretty good.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:

This is just looking at it in hind sight, it's just unfortunate.
No, it was just a case against huge, long-term contracts that I have. Nothing particular to Melton just that the club is hung out to dry when this happens and it seems to happen a lot. It is very unfortunate indeed.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Another rough win for the Bears. Like I always say, good teams don't just blow out their opponents effortlessly every week; rather, they can win in the face of adversity. The Bears needed one good drive and got it. 3-0 feels pretty good.
Even in '85 the Bears played several games which were very close, generally the ones where they did not destroy the QB.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicagoal, this thread is, like, so last week! Like omg!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

Jump to: