Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT - Chicago Bears vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cody513

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy with the W. To be honest, I really felt like we were going to lose it when it was 27-23. They had all the momentum and we really weren't doing anything. Very happy we got a nice win like this. I think the Steelers are starting to pick it up a bit because that was definitely not the Roethlisburger of the last 2 weeks from what i've read.

Ready to knock of Detroit next week!
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mikecwright: Melton leaving locker room on crutches.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy was that game frustrating... but I am glad to get the W.
Couple things I learned, never count on the NBC.com stream to 'watch' a SNF game again and elusive QB's are going to eat our lunch.
Super conservative playcalling in the 2nd half all the way up to the EB touchdown drive. Is that what we should come to expect? Trest talks about ball security constantly, so maybe that was the game plan: get a lead, protect it, don't force it and give the ball away and then see if their offense can beat our defense.
I thought the d-line got better pressure tonight, which caused some takeaways which were obviously huge for us. I say this a lot, but I think sacks are overrated. Yeah, you want to get them, but consistent pressure is the key because it rushes throws, disrupts timing and leads to takeaways. Can we keep getting pressure with Melton out?
Man, that is going to hurt. Except for maybe Briggs he was the guy we could least afford to lose on Defense.
But we knew injuries would happen. Curious to see how the team responds to the 'adversity', as Trest would say.

3-0 baby! Victory brownies for the office tomorrow!
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I thought we went way too conservative way too early in the game and it almost killed us.

We cannot continue to have 2nd and 3rd quarters where we resemble last seasons offense.

I think part of it is trust between Cutler and Trestman and Trestman and the OL.

The defense has moved from dominant to opportunistic and I don't think they will hold up as a crutch as much this season.

We hung the defense out in the 2nd and 3rd quarter:

Agree wholeheartedly about the play calling, and I thought they waited too long to open it back up. They can get conservative without going into full out clock grinding mode. I think part of that is probably MT adjusting and learning his personnel better too. Part of a team growing into an offense is learning what doesn't work too.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nice to see Trestman handling the challenges better than his predecessor.

The Michael Bush play was a TD and the Bennett TD was a huge challenge win.

He doesn't seem afraid to pull the trigger.

On a side not the refs did everything in their power to screw us on the close calls. I don't remember any close spots or calls going our way.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
NEED a gif of Jay lowering his shoulder on that play for future GDT.

For your viewing pleasure:
http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/jay-cutler-runs-over-bears-player/

Checking in to see the status of Melton. Hopefully it turns out well for you all even though obviously it doesn't sound good at this point. Shame to see special players go down.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
The defense has as many scores as the Jaguars offense
Those are all luck and are not sustainable year to year Wink

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
NEED a gif of Jay lowering his shoulder on that play for future GDT.

For your viewing pleasure:
http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/jay-cutler-runs-over-bears-player/

Checking in to see the status of Melton. Hopefully it turns out well for you all even though obviously it doesn't sound good at this point. Shame to see special players go down.

He was seen leaving the locker room on crutches, but that's about all we've got now. Should know more by the morning/afternoon.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1h
MRI upcoming for #Bears Pro Bowl DT Henry Melton but fear is he suffered torn ACL.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Pass to Antonio Brown!

Got me 39.10 points tonight. Smile

I-erm... I... benched him Crying or Very sad

But who cares because the Bears are 3-0!

I traded him for Lamar Miller. I have Ray Rice and needed A RB

DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good win.

Offense stalled a bit but we're also playing a defense with a lot of talent. Our first test against a 3-4 and first road game. I thought we handled it very well though. I really like how our offense went to Jeffery when he was getting singled then went back to Marshall late when he got 1 on 1. Great coaching there.

The D played better then I think they will get credit for. I love how Tucker turned up the blitzing when he knew we couldnt get to the QB. In the past we would just sit back in our zone and get picked apart all game. We were up big early so we went to a bit of a prevent so they are going to get yards against that but we never really let them back in.

Something has to be done about the DL. We don't have the back 7 to play in coverage that long.
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1h
MRI upcoming for #Bears Pro Bowl DT Henry Melton but fear is he suffered torn ACL.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but Melton may have just played his last game in a Bears uni.

You could tell it was serious by the way he was looking all distraught on that cart. I'm just hoping for the guy's sake that it's not career threatening.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BradBiggs: MRI upcoming for #Bears Pro Bowl DT Henry Melton but fear is he suffered torn ACL. http://t.co/0tTWLbLg0E

If they fear it, it is probably true.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
@BradBiggs: MRI upcoming for #Bears Pro Bowl DT Henry Melton but fear is he suffered torn ACL. http://t.co/0tTWLbLg0E

If they fear it, it is probably true.

Yep.

Thankfully Nate Collins has been playing well since training camp. Really hurts our depth though. Wonder if Minter will get an opportunity on the 46.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on the game…

I think Cutler looked excellent again last night…completing 66% of his passes…making big throws to Marshall on the fly route then Bennett on the TD when we really needed it…no stupid mistakes that could have led to turnovers…his yards per attempt was only 5.3 yards and overall he only throw for 159 yards but that was more down to the play calling and the fact we started in good field position much of the night…it was another mature performance…Forte looked good going for over 100 APY for the 2nd week running…Bush didn’t look good in short yardage situations…I thought Alshon showed why he could emerge as a real threat as a #2 in this offence…it was good to see him getting involved early and often…Marshall had a bit of an off night with a couple of drops but came up big when we needed it…Earl Bennett made an outstanding grab on that TD…when this offence really gets into its stride he is going to be an important part out of the slot…the Oline looked pretty solid against complex blitz…Bushrod, Garza & Long all have very good games…Slauson made some nice blocks in the run game but was beaten for a sack…Mills had a tough assignment against Woodley and wasn’t given much help…as I said during the game he is off to a good start but in his first road start against a heavy blitzing teams best pass rusher he should have been given a little more help…I think Trestman got way too conservative at times in the game with his play calling which allowed the Steelers to shrink the field…but when we needed it he opened it back up and allowed Jay to do his thing…he gets a pass because it’s still only his third NFL game…first on the road…he still has to find the confidence to really go after teams…

Defensively I thought we seen a little progression up front…Peppers looked much better in this game than he did in the previous two…Wootton & McClellin also got a little pressure altho none were able to wrap up and take down Big Ben against most QBs they would have each had at least one sack…Paea continues to look solid inside…the biggest downside of this game was the injury to Henry Melton…IMO he is the most important player on this defence and if it is a season ending injury we have problems…his ability draws double teams play after player and allows the rest of the Dline to work…as we have seen in the past this defence just doesn’t work without pressure and especially interior pressure…if he is out for the season I wouldn’t mind pulling an Indy and trading a high draft pick for a pass rusher than can help us right now…I think for all the resources we invested in the Oline last offseason we have to do the same for the Dline this offseason…DJ Williams finally showed up and had a couple of sacks…looked stiff in pass coverage and gave up a big running play as well by not having the speed to scrape over the top of a blitzing Lance Briggs but at least he made an impact with the FF…I thought Briggs and Anderson looked good against the run but against the pass all three LBs were being caught in no man’s land…I don’t know if it was that they were worried about Big Ben taking off with the ball or they just weren’t getting enough depth in their drops but whatever it was it will be a problem if it continues…I thought both Tillman & Jennings had pretty poor game…TJ was beaten a few times and Tillman looked slower than usual…that groin injury is clearly giving him some problems…one CB who does deserve some credit is Frey…who was all involved in a lot of tackles…had a TFL & led Major Wright to the endzone on his INT…as much as the CBs had bad games the safeties made some impact plays…Big Ben pump fakes better than any QB I have ever seen and he moves those guys as well as the rest of the around a lot but Wright came up with an INT & FF…Conte saved a TD with a diving catch in the endzone that would have been a touchback had he got his feet down and then he got an INT thrown straight too him to finish the game…I thought Mel Tucker got a little blitz happy at times especially brining Conte too much…the biggest improvement by far from the D as a whole this week was on third down where we only allowed a 27% conversion rate…and held the Steelers 0 conversion out of 2 in the redzone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41

Jump to: