Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT - Chicago Bears vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Week 3 GDT - Chicago Bears vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Reply with quote

Chicago Bears (2-0) at Pittsburgh Steelers (0-2)
Sunday, September 22 7:30 PM NBC

@ Heinz Field

Bears Offensive Stats:
- PPG: 27.5
- YPG (total): 367
- YPG (passing): 262
- YPG (rushing): 105
- Turnovers: 5
- Sacks given up: 1
- Completion %: 68.1

Bears Defensive Stats:
- PAPG: 25.5
- YAPG (total): 345
- YAPG (passing): 252
- YAPG (rushing): 93
- Takeaways: 6
- Sacks: 2

Source: http://www.chicagobears.com/team/statistics.html

Steelers Offensive Stats:
- PPG: 6
- YPG (total): 236
- YPG (passing): 198.5
- YPG (rushing): 37.5
- Turnovers: 4
- Sacks given up: 7

Steelers Defensive Stats:
- PAPG: 18
- YAPG (total): 318
- YAPG (passing): 198.5
- YAPG (rushing): 119.5
- Takeaways: 0
- Sacks: 1

Source: http://www.steelers.com/team/statistics.html

Injury Report -

Bears:

Bennett, Martellus Shoulder LP
Long, Kyle Back FP
Tillman, Charles Knee DNP

Steelers:

Allen, Cortez Ankle DNP
Bell, Le'Veon Foot LP
Brown, Curtis Illness FP
Jones, Jarvis Heel LP
Keisel, Brett Calf DNP
McLendon, Steve Hamstring FP
Miller, Heath Knee FP

Steelers Forum GDT: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16798150#16798150

I feel this is relevant:

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart

Last edited by CBears019 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:47 am; edited 5 times in total
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a stat today that Alex Smith has more rushing yards than all of the Steeler RB's.... that is absolutely RIDICULOUS. I think we get back in our notrious Tampa 2 Cover-2 shell and make them beat us deep, which won't happen. They have virtually zero threat in the running game. I have a little bit more confidence in TJ this week as well, Sanders and Brown are the type of receivers he can shut down. Smaller, rely on their speed out of breaks and going deep, TJ matches up really well with that. I think finally this is a game we can see our OL dominate, which would be so fun to watch I can;t even say, it's been years. I can't see how on God's beautiful green earth that Todd Haley's anemic Offense with a pourous OL can put up more points than our Offense. I really like our chances in this game to put us at 0-3. I also really like Cincy at home against GB... Pray

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another note, If our DL, Peppers and Melton in particular, continue to struggle against this Line. It may be time to genuinely worry.

Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers last stand. Wink
cody513

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers look rough, we really should win this game for sure. Any given Sunday, but I feel very good about our chances. If we lose this game i'll be kind of worried tbh...
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I heard a stat today that Alex Smith has more rushing yards than all of the Steeler RB's.... that is absolutely RIDICULOUS. I think we get back in our notrious Tampa 2 Cover-2 shell and make them beat us deep, which won't happen. They have virtually zero threat in the running game. I have a little bit more confidence in TJ this week as well, Sanders and Brown are the type of receivers he can shut down. Smaller, rely on their speed out of breaks and going deep, TJ matches up really well with that. I think finally this is a game we can see our OL dominate, which would be so fun to watch I can;t even say, it's been years. I can't see how on God's beautiful green earth that Todd Haley's anemic Offense with a pourous OL can put up more points than our Offense. I really like our chances in this game to put us at 0-3. I also really like Cincy at home against GB... Pray

Yeah they're averaging 37.5 yards per game rushing, so yeah, that's rough. Losing Pouncey and their starting back, LeVeon Bell, hurts.

But this is our first game on the road, and the Steelers are a team with a ton of pride. It's not going to be easy (at least it shouldn't be) to put them in an 0-3 hole.

AZBearsFan wrote:

bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers look awful. No o-line or running game. I expect all the nay-saying on Melton and Peppers to be put to a halt. Tillman will shut down Brown who is basically their only threat on offense. Bears smash the Steelers in Primetime. Is it Sunday, yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Yeah they're averaging 37.5 yards per game rushing, so yeah, that's rough. Losing Pouncey and their starting back, LeVeon Bell, hurts.

But this is our first game on the road, and the Steelers are a team with a ton of pride. It's not going to be easy (at least it shouldn't be) to put them in an 0-3 hole.

Yeah, I heard another stat, they've only had 2 rushing 1st downs in 2 games... Like did i hear that right? The Pittsburgh Steelers have only had 2 rushing 1st downs in 2 games, that's just unreal. This just seems like it's not even a Steelers team, I see them struggling to win 4 games this season and I'm not exaggerating. As highly as David DeCastro was touted, the guy looked like an absolute bum against Cincinnati, he just constantly dives and DLinemans knees, he doesn't even try to block anyone.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
The Steelers look awful. No o-line or running game. I expect all the nay-saying on Melton and Peppers to be put to a halt. Tillman will shut down Brown who is basically their only threat on offense. Bears smash the Steelers in Primetime. Is it Sunday, yet?

Yeah we all hope so. If they don't absolutely dominate, we have some SERIOUS problems.

CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:

Yeah we all hope so. If they don't absolutely dominate, we have some SERIOUS problems.

If they don't get 4 or 5 sacks, I'm not going to be upset - Big Ben is so damn elusive and it's like tackling an offensive tackle. I just want to see them get pressure on Ben, and hopefully force him into making an ill-advised throw(s).

AZBearsFan wrote:

Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seperate from this game, BenRs decision skills have slowed down, he takes too many hits. It is a tough game to play.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Seperate from this game, BenRs decision skills have slowed down, he takes too many hits. It is a tough game to play.

I've noticed this too, he's not NEAR as elusive as he was in the past, it seems to be catching up to him. He looks like he just tucks in and takes the hit ather than truly scrabbling like we've seen in years past.

Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

Yeah, I heard another stat, they've only had 2 rushing 1st downs in 2 games... Like did i hear that right? The Pittsburgh Steelers have only had 2 rushing 1st downs in 2 games, that's just unreal. This just seems like it's not even a Steelers team, I see them struggling to win 4 games this season and I'm not exaggerating. As highly as David DeCastro was touted, the guy looked like an absolute bum against Cincinnati, he just constantly dives and DLinemans knees, he doesn't even try to block anyone.

Yeah, the running backs have as many fumbles (2) as 1st downs (2), and they are averaging 2.4 yards a carry as a team.

If the pass rush has a hard time bringing Ben to the ground, just go after the ball or grab his right arm. That's the one element I worry about with their offense.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know any given sunday any team can win, and when you have big ben at the helm you always have a chance, but this steelers team looks very weak compared to this bears game...

The offensive line looks porous, their playcalling looks like that of a high school team, and their defense (like any other defense I suppose) proved to break if on the field too long.

The bears need to stay on the field offensively and our front 4 on defense need to play their best and this is an easy win. The bears have proved twice now they can win the close game, now it's time to show everyone they can win in controlling fashion

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unsure why you guys think this team is such a pushover. Their D still looks very good, they had much better pressure on Andy than we did.

Yes they have zero run game but its been only two games, I expect them to fight pretty hard and I think Ben will have a big game.

I expect us to actually lose this game in a close one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: