Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Checking in with the Bears Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Major Wright is very average... I think we could easily find a SS to replace him either via free agency or the draft.

Hate Major Wright and can not wait to see him gone.

Not smart enough to diagnose and not strong enough to be a thumper.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Major Wright is very average...

Well hey, look at who drafted him...

Maybe we can get Al Afalava back.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
There is not that much of a difference between Dunlap and Wootton.

-Similar production

-They are identical sizes at 6'6" 280lbs and are 3 downs ends.

-They are both young and a little inconsistent.

I don't give Wootton 6 years but he deserves 6 million.

4 years 26 million/14 guaranteed
Johnson is on another planet athletically. Also doesn't come with the huge injury risk. Wootton hasn't been great. He's been good for one year. I'm not sold on him yet.

No one is comparing Wootton and Johnson.

The comparison is Wootton and Carlos Dunlap who are very similar players. I am not letting Wootton walk because we are saying goodbye to Peppers who will not be worth half his salary.
Sorry I can't read. Dunlap is also a much better athlete though. I'd take Dunlap over Wootton. I don't think Wootton will get a big contract.
Walshy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Melton to get better as the season goes on.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

-Similar production

Johnson is on another planet athletically. Also doesn't come with the huge injury risk. Wootton hasn't been great. He's been good for one year. I'm not sold on him yet.

The comparison is Wootton and Carlos Dunlap who are very similar players. I am not letting Wootton walk because we are saying goodbye to Peppers who will not be worth half his salary.
Sorry I can't read. Dunlap is also a much better athlete though. I'd take Dunlap over Wootton. I don't think Wootton will get a big contract.

I think they are very similar outside of health, which would limit the years on Wootton.

But 26 year old guys who have back to back 8 sack season, assuming he has a good year, are going to get paid some money.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

-Similar production

I think they are very similar outside of health, which would limit the years on Wootton.

But 26 year old guys who have back to back 8 sack season, assuming he has a good year, are going to get paid some money.
If Wootton has another big year then I agree but so far I haven't been overly impressed with Wootton.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

-Similar production

If Wootton has another big year then I agree but so far I haven't been overly impressed with Wootton.

He has been our 2nd best lineman after Paea.

I am interested to see what happens against the Steelers and their line as they are not good.

If we cannot get pressure against them then I might be time to send up some red flags.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the hate for Major Wright. Do you folks realize that metrically he was very similar to Kam Chancellor last year? That he was far and away better than William Moore? Honestly, he's become the victim of the thought that all players on a team should be all pros or they should be replaced. Its stupid, there aren't 10 better SS in the NFL, hell there probably aren't 5 better SS in the NFL.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I don't get the hate for Major Wright. Do you folks realize that metrically he was very similar to Kam Chancellor last year? That he was far and away better than William Moore? Honestly, he's become the victim of the thought that all players on a team should be all pros or they should be replaced. Its stupid, there aren't 10 better SS in the NFL, hell there probably aren't 5 better SS in the NFL.

I don’t think anyone is saying that…the problem is the Safety position is one where very few guys stay consistent throughout their career…you could make an argument that Wright was a top 10 SS last year…but the list of top 10 guys you draw up from last year would look very different from the year before…or the year before that…because so many of these guys fall off…if we can get Wright back for around $4 million a year I would be cool with that…but if he thinks he is worth Eric Weddle money then he is mistaking…even if he is looking for William Moore money then we shouldn’t sign that deal.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

I don’t think anyone is saying that…the problem is the Safety position is one where very few guys stay consistent throughout their career…you could make an argument that Wright was a top 10 SS last year…but the list of top 10 guys you draw up from last year would look very different from the year before…or the year before that…because so many of these guys fall off…if we can get Wright back for around $4 million a year I would be cool with that…but if he thinks he is worth Eric Weddle money then he is mistaking…even if he is looking for William Moore money then we shouldn’t sign that deal.
This really wasn't directed at you, MM, but at the crowd on the "Major Wright Sucks and easily replaceable" bandwagon. Honestly the list of SS since Mike Brown was approaching the QB draught list on terms of laughability.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

-Similar production

He has been our 2nd best lineman after Paea.

I am interested to see what happens against the Steelers and their line as they are not good.

If we cannot get pressure against them then I might be time to send up some red flags.
Being the second best after Paea isnt saying much. Our entire DL outside of Paea is playing poorly.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

This really wasn't directed at you, MM, but at the crowd on the "Major Wright Sucks and easily replaceable" bandwagon. Honestly the list of SS since Mike Brown was approaching the QB draught list on terms of laughability.
I agree. Wright has made some mistakes but he's also played well. I hope we resign him to a modest contract. I'd like to keep him.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Major Wright is very average...

Well hey, look at who drafted him...

Maybe we can get Al Afalava back.
Angelo drafted a lot of good players. His main problem was just sheer bad luck with the first round.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Why are you surprised? Most posters here seem to pick out someone to load their hate on. And it has little to do with reality. Wright's main problem seems to me to be injury. He is certainly not terrible nor exceptional.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

I know it wasn’t man…it’s just the middle ground in the argument between him being a top 5 SS & sucking Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: