Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: MNF Rivalry Week Oakland(1-1) @ Denver (2-0)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do We Hate More?
Raiders
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Chiefs
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Chargers
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 34

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Week 3: MNF Rivalry Week Oakland(1-1) @ Denver (2-0) Reply with quote

Week 3: Rivalry Week Oakland(1-1) @ Denver (2-0)

9/23 6:30 PM MTN

We hate the Raiders

TEAM OFFENSE PER GAME AVERAGE
Total Yards
OAK 356
DEN 463
Yards Passing
OAK 158
DEN 376
Yards Rushing
OAK 199
DEN 87

TEAM DEFENSE PER GAME AVERAGE
Yards Allowed
OAK 261
DEN 385
Pass Yds Allowed
OAK 181
DEN 344
Rush Yds Allowed
OAK 81
DEN 41

Key Matchups

1. Broncos OL vs Raiders DL
Oakland doesn't have much talent outside of Houston and Jason Hunter is a familiar face. Nevertheless the OL will need some help from the TEs and RBs in pass protection. Running wise we should be able to push around their defense but the question is will we commit to running the ball?

2. Broncos LB vs Pryor/McFadden/Reece
We have one of the fastest LB corp in the NFL but we need to contain Pryor and McFadden and force them to run inside our on stout DTs. Reece has always given us headaches, sound form tackling is the only way to stop him.

3. Broncos DL vs Raiders OL
Our pass rush does need to improve, however keep Pryor in the pocket should be the key of the DL this game. Force him to throw and play sound coverage behind and the Raiders will struggle to move the ball.

Last edited by broncosfan07 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
roar2014

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game should be a fun one, considering that its the hated Raiders.

The Broncos should win this one, as they are the more talented team in pretty much every facet of the game (except RB). But no game should ever be seen as an easy win. I would treat this game like its do or die, because the second we start taking these games for granted and scratching them off as wins before they are even played, will be the second we will lose and be upset.

Considering the recent news that Clady is out for what could be a significant time. This game should be a good one to give Chris Clark some action against Lamarr Houston, who is somewhat talented and can occasionally get to the QB. If we start to see Chris Clark struggling against Lamarr, then I would consider moving Zane to Left Tackle and, hopefully, playing Chris Kuper at LG.

I predict the Broncos to win this game with a fairly large margin.
Broncos 38
Raiders 17
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man that video link got me fired up for monday!
coming in as a Raider fan and with the denver team being one of my most hated rivals, i'd love to be able to talk with some swagger, but the fact is that we (Oakland) are at the beginning of a huge rebuild and we just don't have a ton of talent. So it's going to take a flawless gameplan and execution to pull out a monday night win.

So my question to you, my horsey friends is:
what (if anything) do you fear about monday night? is there anything about the silver and black that scares you or are you completely confident that Mr. QB-that-i-used-to-like is going to shred us?

Bolansho Boro Begoz
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ It's a ghost!!!

seriously, when was the last time we saw our good buddy CrapTakula!?!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
what (if anything) do you fear about monday night? is there anything about the silver and black that scares you or are you completely confident that Mr. QB-that-i-used-to-like is going to shred us?

I fear that with Clady out our QB-that-you-used-to-like will get his jersey dirty, and that scares me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:

I fear that with Clady out our QB-that-you-used-to-like will get his jersey dirty, and that scares me.

I guess that is my biggest fear as well. But the Broncos will most likely use a TE on Clark's side to chip the DE and any blitz that are dialed up will most likely get recognized by Peyton and countered with the appropriate coverage. I am not as worried about Peyton getting sacked/pressured because of how fast he gets rid of the ball, but if Clark completely stinks up, than we definitely have a problem.
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come babysit my 2 kids!

also since someone remembers me fondly, i'll just post this for luck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPJ6X1wjIE

edit: haha - that seems to be our biggest worry in Raiderland - that QB gets the ball out so fast that it's a nasty double edged sword: blitz and he throws it to a hot route for a nice gain on an uncovered receiver, don't blitz and give him time to go through progressions and find an open receiver deep...

ok with you guys if we throw an extra player on the field this weekend? 11 on 12 might make the game more reasonable!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
come babysit my 2 kids!

Sorry I'm already teaching my 2 year old to strongly dislike the Raiders, the kids might not get along Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
come babysit my 2 kids!

also since someone remembers me fondly, i'll just post this for luck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPJ6X1wjIE

edit: haha - that seems to be our biggest worry in Raiderland - that QB gets the ball out so fast that it's a nasty double edged sword: blitz and he throws it to a hot route for a nice gain on an uncovered receiver, don't blitz and give him time to go through progressions and find an open receiver deep...

ok with you guys if we throw an extra player on the field this weekend? 11 on 12 might make the game more reasonable!

This may be time for your PAYBACK !!! I still hope we drop 60 on you guys....or 70, heck even 90 !!!! YEAHHHHHH

But no injuries, we don't need any of those...... Very Happy

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
oh man that video link got me fired up for monday!
coming in as a Raider fan and with the denver team being one of my most hated rivals, i'd love to be able to talk with some swagger, but the fact is that we (Oakland) are at the beginning of a huge rebuild and we just don't have a ton of talent. So it's going to take a flawless gameplan and execution to pull out a monday night win.

The rivalry between Oakland and Denver has been greatly reduced from years ago. It's hard to think of any Raiders that Bronco fans really hate.

Currently Oakland is the best running team and Denver has limited teams to about 40 yards of rushing/game.

Chris Clark will match up against Lamarr Houston. Maybe Denver uses more 2-TE sets to help with blocking.

Prediction: Denver wins 35-10
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos are currently favored by 14.5. I put a year's salary on Denver covering the spread.

Hard as it is for me to say this, I wish the Raiders still had a legit team because it would make this rivalry actually feel like a rivalry. The only "rivalry" game I really get amped up for each year is our matchup with New England.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Broncos are currently favored by 14.5. I put a year's salary on Denver covering the spread.

Hard as it is for me to say this, I wish the Raiders still had a legit team because it would make this rivalry actually feel like a rivalry. The only "rivalry" game I really get amped up for each year is our matchup with New England.

we've had some down times, but we're on the way up again.
(not to say that the spread is unreasonable - we're just going the right direction, not there yet)

but i'm not going to feel sorry for you because you dominate the division so it's hard for you to get excited about games! i wouldn't mind that problem!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

And the Chiefs. Ohhh, those gottverdammte Chiefs.

Anyway,

I am looking foward to the way we will try to defend Pryor. With the Philly game coming up, that might be a good practice run.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are really going to struggle running the ball against the Raiders. Lamar Houston has been awesome through their first two games, and Nick Roach (who I liked in Chicago) has proven to be one of the steals of FA, especially with his run Defense.

Tyvon Branch may be a big loss for the Raiders, especially considering he is normally good for a forced turnover against us. We are only going to have to run the ball well enough for Play Action to have some effect, and we should be able to do it.

What I like most about the matchup is our Defense vs Pryor. I saw a fair bit of the Raiders game, and you could see gaps opening inside because of DE's hesitating against the Option. Our front 4 have been stopping the run so well that I think our LB core (plenty of speed in WW and Trevathan) should be able to spy Pryor.

At the end of the day, I still don't think the Raiders have enough on the back end to stop Manning. That said, I think they will be competitive, and the key as ever is going to be stopping the run. Make Pryor beat us through the air (he won't be able to do this).

MUFC OK
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give the Raiders no shot in this game for obvious reason. I really am just hoping for a competitive division game that makes Denver sweat a little.

The Raiders D has improved over last year, but Manning is too good and will find ways to beat them. That matchup should be at least fun to watch, but I don't see the blitz packages the Raiders have been using being effective against Manning.

On offense, the Raiders don't stand a chance. IMO, this is a game where Pryor will be made to look completely foolish. Denver has the speed and discipline to keep him contained. He simply can't pass w/ any consistency which I see leading to turnovers this week. And the WRs are pretty poor and against a good secondary I don't see them doing much of anything to help out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: