Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kenny Britt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Ravens make a move for Britt?
Yes!
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
No!
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
I think they should, but they probably won't.
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

santiagomn8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get Britt for a low draft pick I say 100% go for it. He has proven to be a playmaker and gets separation. I understand there are character concerns but we do have a strong coaching staff and locker room and hopefully he will be motivated to win. We also have rice a Rutgers alum which I honestly think can help. The only issue would be at the end of the season he's going to want money we won't have but hey I don't mind that problem I rather have too many good players to pay then no players worth the money lol
aussie_raven77

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally made this trade on Madden last week lol. Its worked out pretty well for me so far
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussie_raven77 wrote:
Literally made this trade on Madden last week lol. Its worked out pretty well for me so far

Madden doesn't replicate the unpredictable off field nature of guys like Kenny Britt.

Investing in high priced WRs doesn't make any sense, and I honestly can't think of one who was the missing piece to a championship. Let' just roll with what we have and draft some ody next year rather than upsetting the chemistry of the locker room.
aussie_raven77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
aussie_raven77 wrote:

Madden doesn't replicate the unpredictable off field nature of guys like Kenny Britt.

Well duh, its a video game of course its not going to reflect reality, I was just making a humorous comment on this coincidence
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/381794762652545024

I know with them being in our division it'd be harder to get a trade done but I'd love to see the team get some type of deal done to acquire Gordon.

If we were to make a trade, I think many would agree that Gordon would be much more worth it over Britt.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Gordon would be interesting. I think it would cost a pretty high draft pick to get him though even without the intra-division factor added in. Doesn't seem like a move the front office would make.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Now Gordon would be interesting. I think it would cost a pretty high draft pick to get him though even without the intra-division factor added in. Doesn't seem like a move the front office would make.

Yeah -- they just spent a 2nd on him recently, so they'd likely be looking to get something similar in return. He's definitely not worth that at this point. I'd consider maybe a 4th, though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussie_raven77 wrote:
gooselovechild wrote:
aussie_raven77 wrote:

Well duh, its a video game of course its not going to reflect reality, I was just making a humorous comment on this coincidence

I'm never quite sure. Some folks don't seem to recognize hue difference.

There was nothing personal intended.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Yeah -- they just spent a 2nd on him recently, so they'd likely be looking to get something similar in return. He's definitely not worth that at this point. I'd consider maybe a 4th, though.

Just accepted what will likely be a late first for a guy they traded up to #3 overall last year to draft in Trent Richardson. I would think a third would get it done if they are serious about this rebuild. He has two more years before FA following this season if I'm not mistaken, so I would love this trade. Likely not going to happen, though, considering they probably don't want to strengthen our team.

If we were to get this deal done I hope we hear about how the Browns robbed the Ravens, just like when we gave up a late rounder to move up one spot and get Ngata Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't know why the Ravens haven't talked to the Seahawks about Doug Baldwin. That guy could easily be our #2 WR and play in the slot for us, and he's buried behind depth in Seattle and when Percy Harvin comes back he's not going to see the damn field.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
r_sayle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been looking in the Gen and a couple of names thrown about quite a few times was Justin Blackmon and Miles Austin.

Im Thinking Jags would want a 1st or a 2nd n 4th minimum for Blackmon and i couldnt imagine Austin would be more than a 3rd now. What do u think to them as possibilities.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I still don't know why the Ravens haven't talked to the Seahawks about Doug Baldwin. That guy could easily be our #2 WR and play in the slot for us, and he's buried behind depth in Seattle and when Percy Harvin comes back he's not going to see the damn field.

I doubt Seattle is trying to trade him right now given there's no guarantees about when Harvin will be healthy enough to be effective. Baldwin's really useful to them right now as a depth player.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I doubt Seattle is trying to trade him right now given there's no guarantees about when Harvin will be healthy enough to be effective. Baldwin's really useful to them right now as a depth player.

Yes and Baldwin could be very useful to us as a full-time starter Wink

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yes and Baldwin could be very useful to us as a full-time starter Wink

No doubt, but he's not a FA who gets to decide what his best situation would be. Seattle controls where he goes and what he does and they're not going to offer him to us out of the goodness of their hearts just because it's in our and maybe his best interest for him to get PT with the Ravens. They're going to hold on to him for quality depth at a position where they started off right away with injury troubles.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother with any more veteran receiver options, when the team currently looks to have a strong defense that will give Joe time to gel with his young receivers and give those guys time to grow and get used to playing in the NFL?

If the Ravens had signed Britt or Baldwin or Lloyd or Moss or T.O. or coaxed Jerry Rice out of retirement, we would not have seen anything of Marlon Brown. Hell, he might not even be on the roster. It continues to baffle me why the feeling is that success must be RIGHT NOW THIS INSTANT, when the team is young and the worst that can happen in terms of an NFL team having a terrible season is that they get the best pick of the following year's draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: